Ownership Verified: Des lutins en colère! 2023 Mégane E-Tech

Hopefully the camera is placed in a location where it doesn't get covered in grime immediately, at least it has a wiper.
It's directly below the sizeable rear spoiler, and the rear wiper covers its viewpoint, so it should be fine. And even through large amounts of treebukkake the image quality hasn't suffered.
I am equal parts offended and amused by this post.
Belgians and vehicle lights have a... special... relationship. As soon as it rains you can recognise Belgian cars from afar, because thay're the only ones who use their rear fogs in those conditions. And living close to the Belgian border, there's quite a lot of Belgians on our roads :)

Belgians and vehicle lights have a... special... relationship. As soon as it rains you can recognise Belgian cars from afar, because thay're the only ones who use their rear fogs in those conditions. And living close to the Belgian border, there's quite a lot of Belgians on our roads :)
Yeeeees, 100% this. :| oof.

Also: am I the only one who doesn't really like the digital mirror thing? I dunno... my car also has atrocious rear visibility through the mirror, but the edges of the window coupled with the headrests sort of give some orientation? also the backup camera is imo hugely helped by the fact that i can clearly see my rear bumper as well as those two curved lines in the picture showing where approximately the car will be going and where it should end (no ofc I don't trust those buggers). without those little helpers, I feel like I'd get a little lost - despite having rather good spatial perception / awareness, if I say so myself. maybe i need to try it before being convinced of it.

Like Swedes which can be recognized because they’re indicating left while in the roundabout.

Yeeeees, 100% this. :| oof.

Also: am I the only one who doesn't really like the digital mirror thing? I dunno... my car also has atrocious rear visibility through the mirror, but the edges of the window coupled with the headrests sort of give some orientation? also the backup camera is imo hugely helped by the fact that i can clearly see my rear bumper as well as those two curved lines in the picture showing where approximately the car will be going and where it should end (no ofc I don't trust those buggers). without those little helpers, I feel like I'd get a little lost - despite having rather good spatial perception / awareness, if I say so myself. maybe i need to try it before being convinced of it.
I don't use it for reversing. There's a reversing cam and 360 cam pseudo top-down view for that. It's just for keeping tabs on the traffic behind.

Like Swedes which can be recognized because they’re indicating left while in the roundabout.
Applies to Russians and also me as well. Incidentally I adopted this behaviour after a trip visiting some anonymous friends in Dutchieland..

Incidentally I adopted this behaviour after a trip visiting some anonymous friends in Dutchieland..
I can neither confirm nor deny these allegations.

The French also do that. But they also drive 70-80kmh ON RURAL ROADS.

I was on some rural roads earlier here in southern Missouri that had 45 mph (72 kmh) limit signs.I may have ignored them.
For what?! That’s the annoying part I have with it.

For what?! That’s the annoying part I have with it.

One got switched from the standard 60 mph (~100 kmh) to 45 when the highway was closed and people weren't using the detour, instead using the road. That was two years ago, still hasn't changed back. The other actually has quite a few houses on it and a stop sign every mile.

My only experience with camera mirrors is from the point of view of the car behind, seeing it through the rear window. And that was fucking weird.

The lead time should be around two months for the panels and the wallbox, the 3p upgrade depends on whether there's room on the 'net to upgrade us. Hopefully that should happen soon after the rest gets installed.
Well, that was before we decided to do the cheap loan through local government route (because more panels is more betterer, and getting the maximum amount installed in one go is a bit less of a hassle than adding more panels along the way), which moved at the speed, of, well, local governments. 10 days lead time turned into more than a month, and then they too 3 weeks to approve the down payment of the panels. Good news is, the panels will be installed on the 31st. Wallbox will take some more time, because we need the 3-phase upgrade in order to install that, and that is another 10 days that has by now turned into more than a month and a half, just to hear back from the power ocmpany when they expect to be able to plan the upgrade (that we already paid for, by the way). Hopefully we will be able to get it before the end of the year. Until that time, at least we have decent public charging access in town for fairly decent prices.

Nice to see that I’m not the only one with dso and bureaucracy bullshit…

Our grid operator yesterday installed the two way meter after more than a 3 month wait. It was literally a guy coming by, slotting the meter in, taking three pictures, packing up the two old meters (because former two party house) and buggering off again. Literal 3 minute job.
Why 3 months? They just LOST OUR ORDER. Someone set the ticket to „done“ without doing anything. Thanks for that. Quite a lot of solar and money lost, but nothing to be done about it. Oof. The damn thing is officially running now, in any case.

ANYWAY, with you guys doing the solar first, does that mean your solar will be on a one phase inverter? I mean the meter won’t care, but that always felt weird to me (bunch of 1p inverter installs over here too, despite everyone having 3p connections), because it’s probably another little headache for the dso.

Fingers crossed that everything goes smoothly, anyway. While prices left me feeling super helpless, which is not a nice feeling at all…

The solar inverter will be one that can do both single and three phase, and can switch between the two. We have a very good (and patient) company handling the installation of both solar and wallbox (we decided to do both with a single company to prevent snafus in that area), who also take an advisory role in the communication with the grid operator. At least we already got the smart power meter a couple years back, so we don't have to deal with that as well.

It's been a hot minute, but...
IMG_0417.jpeg

Solar panels and car charger are finally installed! No more public charging.

And because more data is more betterer, I decided to take a try with this project for reading out my DSMR5 smart meter. An ESP8266, 6p6c to Dupont cable, a soldering iron and some breadboard fabrication later, I have this fantabulous monstrosity hanging off my meter... At least it works!
IMG_0421.jpg

photo_2023-09-09_14-01-48.jpg

Last edited:
Doesn't look any worse than my Ahoy DTU to read out my balcony inverter - so I don't know about "monstrosity" :D I don't get why reading out the grid meter must be such a hassle... data good, anyway!