Estoque heading for production.

Aston Martin

Proudly supports terrible french cars
Car(s)
Cactus and Panda Classic
How could they not do it?
Seems like it's finally coming.

The comments are the most positive indication yet that the on-again, off-again saga of the Sant'Agata brand's third model line is back on, but senior Audi management has done more than comment on the Estoque. By unofficially confirming production plans for Audi's own A9 limo-coupe, it has also given Lamborghini a production chassis to put beneath the Estoque concept car from the 2008 Paris Motor Show.

Lamborghini boss Stephan Winkelmann has been greeted with cynicism whenever he has mentioned his third model line, yet Audi officials now appear to have finally given conditional support to the project.

"Mr Winkelmann has said that Lamborghini needs a third model to give the brand a product cycle with fewer gaps in it, and he's absolutely correct in what he says," one senior Audi spokesman said.

"It's something Lamborghini needs, but it will need to be managed very carefully to remain a worthy Lamborghini."

Linky

"Lamborghini is about performance and it's about design, so the Estoque will need to have those things and, I think, be reasonably faithful to the concept car," the Audi source insisted.

"That means that, a lot of the chassis of the A9 will be able to work for it, but the front end will need to be much lower if it will stay with the concept, so there will be a lot - a lot - of reworking with the chassis engineering people there.

"They will need to be very, very creative with the packaging of the engine and gearbox and the space-frame design and, perhaps, even the materials they use at the front of the car.

"We have to find a solution to fit the traditional Lamborghini styling. We have to make the bonnet lower and flatter. The packaging of the engine and the suspension and the chassis will be critical and that's what we're all experimenting with right now because it's the only real question mark."

I hope they won't ruin it by keeping the engine infront of the front axle to cut cost.

Obama_fuckyeah.jpg

Finally Lamborghini have come to their senses.

Now just pop this in the front:

lamborghini_new_v12_isr_images_main.jpg

And I'm set. :drool:

As long as it looks like the concept I'll join the Fuck Yeah train.

Looking at Lamborghini's current range I don't think they'll get it that wrong. Their customers would expect something wild anyway.