Euro Truck Simulator 2

That would be terrible - it's only 2-3 cities wide based on the map in the video. That's minuscule compared to ETS2.

You know I was really hoping for the full "pick up on the West coast, blast through the midwest, cross the great divide, and unload on the East coast" experience....quess that's not gonna happen.

They'll be adding more content, but its not clear how much will be free and how much will be paid expansions.

If you watch the 4th part of the interview, SCS's CEO says that the rest of the US will be included, possibly Canada as well. But it will take a while for the whole country to be included.

Rather they go the long way and develop more before releasing the game, this peicemeal method is precisely why people dislike dlc and the partial game strategy.

So the Scandinavia DLC comes out at may 7th. The teaser-trailer is looking quite good i must say

For those who want to see the Scandinavia DLC ingame:

Scandinavia DLC is out, 17.99 euro or $19.99 CDN
Looks nice.. my Scania truck already came back home with a delivery to the Scania factory in Sodertalje.

642EF7FD10C6980C2321D6F72327BE2834ED8E89

BD5227B29CFD86CAA6626FEE31BE62A7E5BEADF2

Would like to get this at some point, although I don't play the game all that often at the moment.

Been messing around with the Scandinavia DLC - the scenery is excellent, the cities bigger and more detailed. I've been constantly pausing to take photos, they've really put a lot of effort into it. Well worth the money. :D

00000000000F12C9.jpg

00000000000F12CB.jpg

00000000000F146E.jpg

Last edited:
I had a slightly dodgy copy of this a while back, I enjoyed it until it ruined my career/crap autosave.
Anyway, its ?2.99 for a steam copy. I didn't bother with the East dlc as it barely adds anything? My base is Grimsby, even though the port is in Hull. Hull, isn't an option. On the plus side, I get to drive over the Humber Bridge.

I have it set-up a bit arcadey, my joypad is accelerate, brake, up gear and down gear with semi-auto. I have indicators set-up too, but the AI ignores them, so they don't get used. I had to set the steering sensitivity to halfway. In standard sensitivity I nearly died in a fireball.

I had a slightly dodgy copy of this a while back, I enjoyed it until it ruined my career/crap autosave.

I got a Gameboy Color Pokemon game in Spain that did the same thing. True story.

Having just done something stupid and bought a Fanatec Universal Hub I plan to get a real pair of indicator and light stalks working (I have a spare pair from my Disco 1) when it arrives. Should be pretty awesome really.

In my experience the AI does sometimes stop and flash you to go ahead if your indicator is on :dunno:

In my experience the AI does sometimes stop and flash you to go ahead if your indicator is on :dunno:

Same with me. Only they flash me to go ahead, then ram into me as soon as I try to turn... then I get fined for it. Still hasn't stopped me from putting over 2100 hours into the game over the past two years though lol.

Edit: Also the Steam Store Page for American Truck Simulator and the Official American Truck Sim Website are now up - still no release date, but I imagine it'll be coming soon, they also showed the trailer in this years' E3 as well.

Last edited:
Ok, I tried the indicators and they do work if you give the AI the room to see them.

I have a fleet of 4 Volvo FH Sleeper's (The second option I believe) I upgraded mine to the best engine and then I (Admittedly I liked the fact that the gearbox said R at the end... and I didn't know what it was.) Anyway I bought the R gearbox, which I guess was a waste of money. Because the retarder won't affect me in semi-auto mode?

If you've ticked the box in the options menu that the retarder works automatically, it should work all the time iirc.

I managed to lose the product key, so I had to buy the game again on steam for 3 bucks, figured what the hell and got all the DLC again thinking that American Truck simulator was far of (it has been for 245 bloody years it seems) so I would get a lot of play out of it, and as soon as I get stuck in again ATS peeps over the horizon.....

giphy.gif

Last edited: