FinalGear Bronies

wooflepoof

WoofleDay
Car(s)
Genesis Sedan 3.8
random.PNG

Lets discuss. What brought you to MLP FiM?

Just curious, did you miss the other thread or did you make this one seperate on purpose?

As for me? Classic story, I guess. Two of my friends started watching it and talking about it. Much ridicule was had, and general scepticism because of their generally weird anime ways. One day, after a particularily intense exam phase, I had nothing to do and was a bit bored... so I searched for the first ep on youtube. To see how stupid exactly they were being, and to get more fuel to make fun of. Certainly not to enjoy it. :p

Well... it wasn't bad... and after the first ep was over I still had nothing to do... so I watched the next... and then the next... until finally my head was full of yay. ;)

I have to admit, I didn't really get the show after the first few episodes. It was good for a cartoon (on par with childhood classics), but I didn't see what was so exceptional about it that warranted it its fan base. It grew on me more and more with every episode though, and soon I began to get hooked.

It's a great show, not perfect, but great. I kinda had ridiculous expectations for it at first because of all the hype. :p The characters are the standout element, even if I do fundamentally disagree on a political level with Rarity's approach to life and that of the snooty dickwads she hangs around with in Canterlot.

(Really, the fact that snootiness died out decades ago is a good thing, writers. The elite and the aristocracy are gone. Stop encouraging that kind of shallowness. :mad:)

That doesn't explain why it's so addictive. I suspect it may be a subconscious tapping into a suppressed part of adult male psyche. The guy who runs the Jappleack blog on Tumblr wrote an essay about this I believe.

Last edited:
That's kinda my point tbh. :p The show aims to teach children morals that are relevant to the real world, and what I just mentioned isn't really that. We now realise that class division is a bad thing.

It's not a serious gripe though, as the show mainly tells you to love and tolerate everyone regardless of differences, and not let stuff like peer pressure and class division get in the way of things.

Last edited:
Well, Disney too lives in entirely different timeline, but I see no one complaining about that :p

True. :p

I'd probably get irritated at all the Disney Princesses too if I ever watched those films now. Damn them and their old fashioned values.

I need help.

Last edited:
I got fed up of not knowing what all the fuss was about today so, while I was also bored I watched the first two episodes and yeah it's pretty good. I couldn't get in to the new story though in the 3rd story and stopped watching.

I got fed up of not knowing what all the fuss was about today so, while I was also bored I watched the first two episodes and yeah it's pretty good. I couldn't get in to the new story though in the 3rd story and stopped watching.

Atleast you've done more than what most people do when they see Bronies. Most usually bash without actually having seen the show.

tumblr_lz3zq3yvZS1r1lgxa.png

Ponies are fun to draw
The text on that picture is horrible on purpose because joke

The 3rd one is a bit of a weird one IMO. It's more there to set up the final episode of the season and at that point you're still getting used to the characters/setting. It gets into more of a groove after that.

I think the first, more or less, 6 episodes are just for the setting and the real awesomeness starts afterwards.

I'll stick with it then. The ponies are all very easy to like, I can't quite get my head around how high pitched some of the voices are though. :lol:

A few really good ones to watch from the first season in my opinion are Party of One, Bridle Gossip, Winter Wrap Up (Best song from S1) and Sonic Rainboom. I'm sure others will suggest different episodes :p.

The normal way, listen to the hype, check an episode, but I got sold into the series until about "Dragonshy" or so.

@Matt, I can recommend "Lesson Zero" which sets up Season 2, "Swarm of the century","Suited for success", plus everything Season 2

tumblr_lz3zq3yvZS1r1lgxa.png

Ponies are fun to draw
The text on that picture is horrible on purpose because joke
Dust cloud is not a bad pony at all, even if whatever the hell he's doing right now warps my brain, also, whatever the hell happened to the "Swag" pic you had for the 500 subscribers thing?

The 3rd one is a bit of a weird one IMO.

It is a bit weird indeed, because at that point you still don't really know the characters, and it's suddenly as if they've been mates forever.
On the other hand though, it's actually quite good as a followup to the pilot, because everyone's character gets a more fleshed out characterisation.

Imo it's best to just watch the episodes in order as they aired. True, there are some that stand above the rest, but I think that a lot of them (e.g. Party of One) won't work that well if you're not yet that familiar with the characters and attached to them. In a way, I think that you might spoil some episodes for yourself if you watch them too early, because you won't enjoy them as much as you might do if you watch them later.
... does that make sense to anyone?