Finalgear Ringmeet 2017: Holyshit, has it been ten years already?

Fingers crossed indeed. A Ringmeet ohne Grip would not feel complete.

We're trying!

yoda.png

Sorry, had to be done :p and ignore the 'do not' and just focus on 'do' ;-)

- - - Updated - - -

Still not 100% confirmed. Handed in my leave request at the new job today. Fingers crossed.

*crosses fingers* I want a pic of my car next to Lucille, I could probably park it in Lucille with plenty to room to get out :p

Last edited:
What was the price again for PCT thu-mon ? Because last year I only paid till sunday, then decided to stay until monday and gave you the money cash. But I can't remember how much it was :lol:.

Depends. Fits of the giggles are extra. :tease:

Well, current list looks rather short, but it always does initially.. and again, I only went by activity in this thread or I am just presuming attendance, and am at best guessing the timespan and whether hotel or camping...

Organizing again? You rock, Thomas! :)

Please add me to the "maybe" list again!

I have (yet again) 2 or 3 obstacles to overcome this year though;

1. I hope my car is going to be all right (few problems detected recently - going in for a check next Wednesday)
  2. Budget (I don't expect this to be a problem since this probably might be my only holiday this year but it kinda depends on the point above)
  3. Will try to / have to get a few days off at work to recover and travel so I'm able to join Fri-Sun

Days off are confirmed. Waiting to hear back from Faltin regarding room reservation.

Don't panic, plenty of time yet.

Personally I reckon 40 is about the optimum number. Any less feels kind of empty but much more than that and you find yourself saying goodbye to people on the Sunday that you've barely had a chance to talk to.

One heads-up: one lap on weekend days (Fri - Sun) is now 30 Euros... :shock: On Thursday Aug 10th the Nordschleife is open from 17:15h to 19:30h, one lap is 25 Euros. As always, if you purchase multiple laps at once it gets a bit less expensive per lap, but I haven't found the concrete prices for the multi-lap-tickets yet.

And with the laps now priced differently for weekdays and weekend days, purchasing multiple laps on Thursday and then trying to do (part of) those laps on Friday/Saturday might well result in some kind of error or unexpectedly "empty" cards...

Don't panic, plenty of time yet.

Personally I reckon 40 is about the optimum number. Any less feels kind of empty but much more than that and you find yourself saying goodbye to people on the Sunday that you've barely had a chance to talk to.
I still try to get my local drinking/wrenching buddies to attend, but half of them is always broke, half of them always working. We'll see, maybe Martin will wnat to take his "tennis trainer's car" (E30 convertible) for a spin...

One heads-up: one lap on weekend days (Fri - Sun) is now 30 Euros... :shock: On Thursday Aug 10th the Nordschleife is open from 17:15h to 19:30h, one lap is 25 Euros. As always, if you purchase multiple laps at once it gets a bit less expensive per lap, but I haven't found the concrete prices for the multi-lap-tickets yet.

With the online portal and app, I'd figure the discount structure matches the big-charge bonus you get there... four weekend laps would be 110? (27.5?/lap) with 1? left over in your account, eight would be 209? (26.13?/lap).

I wonder how they'd treat multiple cars sharing one printed QR code, would you need to make sure there's at least a ten-ish minute gap between each entry?
For a group buy kind of thing, 20 laps would be 500? bringing the weekend laps down to a still-expensive weekday price of 25?/lap.

Last edited:

And with the laps now priced differently for weekdays and weekend days, purchasing multiple laps on Thursday and then trying to do (part of) those laps on Friday/Saturday might well result in some kind of error or unexpectedly "empty" cards...

The idea is that you charge your card with money, not laps (or you use the app*), for every ?100 you charge you get "Green Hell Credits" which you can convert back to credit for your card once you reach a certain amount. 1 GHC = ?1, I believe the idea is that buying 4 laps gives you one lap for free or something thereabouts.
Lap during the week (mo-thu) is ?25, weekends (fri-su) is ?30. Do not attempt to charge your card on thursday at ?25/lap, and then run during the weekend because you'll find you can do less laps than you expected. It basically works like a debit card, not enough credit means no lap.

*You can also use the Green Hell App through which you can buy credit at no extra charge so you don't have to queue in the ticket office, you only need working internet. :< (Paypal is accepted)
There's a QR code in the app that you scan at the barrier, you can screenshot the code for sharing with other ppl if necessary. You can either use the app separately, or the card separately or you can link the card to the app in the ticket office, that way you can check the balance of your card through the app even if you don't plan to use the QR code.

https://itunes.apple.com/hu/app/green-hell-driving-app/id1180380080?mt=8
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=nuerburing.de.ncp&hl=nl

@Thomas I'm definitely coming Thu-Mo, but as of yet unsure if I'm coming with just the bike or car+trailer. :p

Last edited: