General Anime Thread

Dear, msyterious lords of anime

please make more Initial D, Cowboy Bebop, and Ruroni Kenshin

thank you,

a closet anime nerd
*sigh*

That's 3 animes which are on my "when I get around to it list"... Too much anime not enough time. :lol:

Ive said it before but Cowboy Bebop is some of the best tv entertainment, animated or otherwise, to ever come out. the english dub is the best english dub ever and the music is truly fabulous.

a sublime package at 26 episodes. none of that 500 episode stuff (cough)onepiece(cough)

There's already a new Kenshin project in progress; two actually if you consider the live action movie.
That is just redoing the existing stuff though. IIRC the live action movie is the first arc of the story, the OVA is the second.

I kind of find this obnoxious, since they never made anything of the third arc of the manga and now they still don't seem to be. <_< Other than being outdated quality there wasn't really anything wrong with the original anime first two parts and it is kind of a slap in the face to those of us who have wanted the last part of the manga animated for the last decade to release new anime and say LOL YOU CAN HAVE A NEW KYOTO ARC.
:shakefist:

Ever wondered what Fuwa Fuwa Time would sound like in piano/flute duet form? No? Well I (and my sister) did it anyway. :p

It isn't take 4, it is take 4 of the 2nd batch of takes we did. There were many, many times where I fucked up due to being unable to read sheet music and improvising everything. :lol:

Get your sister to sing it next time :lol:

And now the song is completely stuck in my head.

Might I suggest

Pretty soon, I will be getting into the original Mobile Suit Gundam series thanks to Jedd Kenobi, who is kindly sending me some DVDs containing a fair amount of the episodes.

On a related note, that series is extremely difficult to track down with Japanese Audio and English subtitles. I finally found a lowly-seeded torrent with a fansub from "Zeonic-Corps."

Get your sister to sing it next time :lol:

And now the song is completely stuck in my head.
Somehow I don't think she will... Also I find many K-ON! tunes very catchy, just not fit for listening to in public! :D
Might I suggest
You can, but I should inform you the next tune has already been picked and will probably be recorded tonight when my sister gets back from her concert band practice session.

(I'm just a bloke who faffs with a piano by ear, she's a legit musician.) :lol:

Pretty soon, I will be getting into the original Mobile Suit Gundam series thanks to Jedd Kenobi, who is kindly sending me some DVDs containing a fair amount of the episodes.
Not been able to post them yet since a couple of things have gotten in the way. aiming to get them sent out at least by the end of the week. If you want more episodes, i can point you in the direction of fansubs or if you want the slimmed down version. I have the compilation movies on DVD. originally Gundam was meant to last 50 episodes but was cut down to 39 with an additional 4 added so they could finish the plot. Much like the original Star Trek, it became incredibly popular through re-runs and eventually they edited the 43 episodes down into three movies all lasting somewhere around 2 hours each. So if you just want the basic storyline, the movies are far better than sitting through all 43 episodes.
On a related note, that series is extremely difficult to track down with Japanese Audio and English subtitles. I finally found a lowly-seeded torrent with a fansub from "Zeonic-Corps."
Actually i've found that BakaBT have got loads of the Gundam series (Zeta, Double Zeta, Victory, After War, Gundam Wing and so many others). Also the Zeonic Corps version is the one i've got and i sat through all 43 episodes of series one on Saturday. Didn't notice any problems and enjoyed them all. Another good point is that BakaBT also has Zeta Gundam and other Gundam shows on there as well and they are all fairly decently seeded. If you want, i'll provide you with the details.

Wow IE 10 really doesn't like this quick reply box.

I have actually discovered BakaBT since then, they are pretty much THE go-to site for anything that's not aggressively licensed.

Fingers crossed that my browser won't crash this time :rolleyes:

Actually I may have just have found something that will help both you and LC out. I've found a youtube channel which has episodes of Mobile Suit Gundam and its sequel series Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam. The episodes worked here in the UK so I would imagine they could be viewed by all.
Mobile Suit Gundam - Episode 1: Gundam Rising
Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam - Episode 1: The Black Gundam
(just a note, the Zeta Gundam release is of the DVD version and don't carry the original opening song)

Actually I may have just have found something that will help both you and LC out. I've found a youtube channel which has episodes of Mobile Suit Gundam and its sequel series Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam. The episodes worked here in the UK so I would imagine they could be viewed by all.
Mobile Suit Gundam - Episode 1: Gundam Rising
Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam - Episode 1: The Black Gundam
(just a note, the Zeta Gundam release is of the DVD version and don't carry the original opening song)

Never had a problem finding the English dub, the hard part is finding it in original audio with subtitles.

Because I am sure the not anime people do not want this in the main random thoughts thread
On an unrelated note, for the second year on a row there is going to be an anime con in Honduras, and I being the too-confident-in-himself-for-his-good guy ended up getting myself on a royal pain by telling her I'd find out roughly what sunglasses does Rika from Digimon Tamers has, haven't watched it on ever (oddly enough JesuOtaku posted a review very rencently on Thatguywiththeglasses.com just today) and forgot she only wears the damn things for like 5 minutes.

If only I knew some people that could classify as anime connoisseurs and could help me (stares at the regulars from the anime thread)
Screenshot2011-11-25at120004AM.png

Bump because of almost deadline.