General Anime Thread

I do wonder if Bandai will make a HGUC Nightingale to complement Hi Nu. Its so bulky and large that I think an MG one might be a difficult sell. Then again they did make a HGUC GP-03D which is extremely massive.

One can always hope, I don't see why they don't market an HGUC version. Even an HGUC version will be enormous, I think the Nitengale is far more bulky than the Sazabi and would probably come in a MG sized box like the Kshyatria. a MG, forget, it'll be too big, way too costly to produce and sales will be poor since its a very cult design that only serious Gundam nerds will get. And frankly, its not a very good looking and marketable design. Today's generation of gunpla buyers will probably have no idea what it is.

One can always hope, I don't see why they don't market an HGUC version. Even an HGUC version will be enormous, I think the Nitengale is far more bulky than the Sazabi and would probably come in a MG sized box like the Kshyatria. a MG, forget, it'll be too big, way too costly to produce and sales will be poor since its a very cult design that only serious Gundam nerds will get. And frankly, its not a very good looking and marketable design. Today's generation of gunpla buyers will probably have no idea what it is.
I guess part of the problem with Nightingale's design is that massive tail binder and the external propellant tanks sticking out of it, add the much larger shoulder armour that holds the funnels. Otherwise it'll be much like Sazabi. The only reason I wouldn't totally rule out an MG is only because I never thought they'd make a MG Musha Gundam, and then a Musha Gundam mk-II.

I guess part of the problem with Nightingale's design is that massive tail binder and the external propellant tanks sticking out of it, add the much larger shoulder armour that holds the funnels. Otherwise it'll be much like Sazabi. The only reason I wouldn't totally rule out an MG is only because I never thought they'd make a MG Musha Gundam, and then a Musha Gundam mk-II.

Not the best comparison, the Musha Gundam's had a LOT of commercial exposure thru the SD Gundam and Gundam Musou games, maybe even Super Robot Wars, that I'm not sure.

Nitengale is basically a Sazabi body with all the crazy oversized parts like you mentioned above, again, too big, bulky and production costs would drive it too high, the MG Sazabi itself is already a huge kit and very expensive, the Nitengale built to scale would be massive and I'm not sure the polystyrene plastic has the strength to maintain shape on panels that big.

It's similar to why Bandai ditched the idea of mass producing the MG Kshatriya after they determined in order for it to stand up under it's own weight, it would need metal parts or at least a partial metal internal frame, and metal die cast parts for a plastic kit is $$$$. Basically not cost effective, and there are a couple dozen MS designs that are much more feasible as a MG that I'd rather see first: (Gundam Mk V from Gundam Sentinel, anyone?)

gundam%20mkV_resize.jpg

Not the best comparison, the Musha Gundam's had a LOT of commercial exposure thru the SD Gundam and Gundam Musou games, maybe even Super Robot Wars, that I'm not sure.
I forgot about the Musou games, I didn't like them very much which is why I probably forgot about the full size Musha's exposure. Although the SD Musha series was done quite some time ago, at least 15 years ago unless they watched those as a kid they might have forgotten those. As for SRW, no appearance yet but there hasn't been a truly new SRW since Z.

Agreed about Mk V. After going through even Ex-S to not have Mk V is weird, no Xeku Eins either even though Bandai loves models with tons of slight variations which is why so many Zaku models exist. Then again Bandai's MG line goes through phases, right now its Wing and Unicorn models getting most of the attention. I just hope they release a MG Jegan.

ffs I downloaded another first season Working :wall: I really have to double check these before downloading!

Is this the one that just added an apostrophe to denote the second season? :?

Re-watching Shakugan no Shana in preparation for the current season because I forget everything that happened.... It's more interesting than I remember. I also ended up with dual audio and switching to the dub for a bit has re-confirmed why I never, ever watch dubs.

Is this the one that just added an apostrophe to denote the second season? :?

Yup. Working!! vs Working'!! :glare:

Re-watching Shakugan no Shana in preparation for the current season because I forget everything that happened.... It's more interesting than I remember. I also ended up with dual audio and switching to the dub for a bit has re-confirmed why I never, ever watch dubs.

Even I forgot most of the stuff in Shana but after watching the first few episodes, I don't feel like I missed anything :?

I do agree with the point the guys made on the recent podcast that the like/dislike of the character designs are generationally divided

Many fans younger than a certain age complain about them being too childlike and cartoony, but those above a certain age who remember the works of Leiji Matsumoto like Capt Harlock, Galaxy Express and Yamato, recognize the designs as an homage to those classic shows.

http://otakurevolution.com/storyimgs/falldog/GundamAGE/CharactersUhh.jpg

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-9xE8SEfz0iU/TVTSKOTi53I/AAAAAAAADPw/2AS2GHK_t0s/s1600/gecast1.jpg

http://muza-chan.net/photo/galleries/asakusa/himiko-03.jpg[/img]

and retro style shows like Giant Robo

http://www.adtrwiki.com/images/7/77/GiantRobo.jpg

Oh it seems this threads 3rd birthday passed on the 13th. And I caught my self doing the same thing as last year. Watching Haruhi :lol: but this time in the "proper" order! I don't know why but I just felt like watching it again.

I finished watching You're under arrest few days ago. Everything. All the seasons + film. And it was awesome. And now i'm sad because its over. And I like to apologize to The Finn to whom I said "it did not caught my eye" because it should have! :p

This anime season is quite interesting! Lots of good anime (Or in my eyes :p) Ben-To, Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai, C?, Kimi to Boku, Mashiroiro Symphony, Shakugan no Shana III, Shinryaku!? Ika Musume, The iDOLM@STER, Working'!!
I can't believe that i'm following all these anime...:|

Double post but I need you guys help to identify an anime which I watched an episode or some random scene. As I remember the characters eat hard boiled eggs and there was a part where they were in the dessert. And I think it involved bounty hunters and flying vehicles.

Now I got to ask is, does this description match Cowboy Bebop? If it is then I suppose I remember this from a random episode watched as I haven't watched Cowboy Bobop fully (I know I know). If this isn't Cowboy Bebop then I fear I may have mixed some anime up.

Don't you just hate when something random comes into your head and you can't do anything till you figure it out :glare:

I know exactly how you feel but I have no idea about what it is.

I have to say it's slightly odd how much interesting anime comes out of adult visual novels.... just started watching Amagami SS.

Double post but I need you guys help to identify an anime which I watched an episode or some random scene. As I remember the characters eat hard boiled eggs and there was a part where they were in the dessert. And I think it involved bounty hunters and flying vehicles.

Now I got to ask is, does this description match Cowboy Bebop? If it is then I suppose I remember this from a random episode watched as I haven't watched Cowboy Bobop fully (I know I know). If this isn't Cowboy Bebop then I fear I may have mixed some anime up.

Don't you just hate when something random comes into your head and you can't do anything till you figure it out :glare:

That is, indeed, from Cowboy Bebop (episode 24).

That is, indeed, from Cowboy Bebop (episode 24).

Yup its that. I wonder how I stumbled on that episode though :?

I have to say it's slightly odd how much interesting anime comes out of adult visual novels.... just started watching Amagami SS.

I stumbled upon that when awdrifter was posting spoilers in the thread. Its not bad isn't it.. :D

Oh and does anyone watch Sket Dance? At first I thought it was a dancing anime or something so I didn't pay much attention to it. But its actually about a club which is made to help students out of any trouble they might have, and its quite funny and interesting!

Last edited:
Finished Working!!, nice little series, now must move on to Working'!!. Also must get around to finishing the first series of Hidamari Sketch... not enough hours in the day.

Also I love the way I watched 3 episodes of K-ON! last year or so and thought "Nah, not for me", then started to watch it again... I have now watched both series and am eagerly awaiting the movie with all the Engrish and British stereotypes the it will no doubt bring. :lol:

Finished Working!!, nice little series, now must move on to Working'!!. Also must get around to finishing the first series of Hidamari Sketch... not enough hours in the day.

Also I love the way I watched 3 episodes of K-ON! last year or so and thought "Nah, not for me", then started to watch it again... I have now watched both series and am eagerly awaiting the movie with all the Engrish and British stereotypes the it will no doubt bring. :lol:

Did you watch the K-ON!! Special? (K-ON!! Episode 27) Just throwing it out there if you haven't :D

As for Working'!! Just be careful when you are downloading the episodes. Its very easy to miss that apostrophe. :p Not to mention the fact that HorribleSubs don't even include the apostrophe :glare:

Hidamari Sketch. Interesting. :think:

Because Archie asked.

You didn't have to take the comment that literally! :p Has anyone watched They Are My Noble Masters? Because its in my download list now :D

Dear, msyterious lords of anime

please make more Initial D, Cowboy Bebop, and Ruroni Kenshin

thank you,

a closet anime nerd