Hammond: Hammond Cannot Find FinalGear Helmet!

robybobey

Car(s)
2006 Astra 120bhp
Guys, this is not a joke. Just got home from the filming of 11X03. I'll write the conversation down that Richard and I had.

Me: (*Whilst Richard is signing a picture*) How's the FinalGear Helmet Richard?
Richard: Is that the one with the Hamsters?
Me: Yes
Richard: I really dont know, somebody may have stolen it as it disappeared a while back and I have no idea were it is, sorry about that.

EDIT: Deleted the last part of the conversation so people stop having a go at me for asking Hammond two questions which popped into my head

Last edited:
Reactions: LP
Nooo :(

Maybe he misplaced it and can't remember where. It's a possibility.

Poor richard. I hope for his sake that most of these post-crash effects aren't permanent/long-term.

Last edited:
I wondered why he wasn't wearing it during the montage in programme 1. That's a really shitty thing to do. So many people here (I wasn't one of them, by the way) put their hand in their pockets and went to great time and trouble.

A pox upon the wretch who lifted it.

If someone really did steal the helmet, they should rot in hell.

I'm sure the people here have good photographs of it. Maybe a campaign to find it could be started. The Internet is a powerful tool (not as big as the tool pinched the helmet) A big photo of the front page - stuff like that.

It's strange; I'm irritated about that and that was all done pretty much before I joined. The people who contributed will be well pissed off. Rightly so, too.

Doesn't really sound like he treasured it that much, if something of yours disappear you know when and where..

Doesn't really sound like he treasured it that much, if something of yours disappear you know when and where..

IIRC he didn't seem terribly excited when he received it, or thats how I perceived his reaction.

Happened before I joined. Where can I see a picture of Richard Hammond's helmet? Or was that what Jeremy showed during the news in 11x02?

Seriously if there is a related thread i'd be curious to see it.

eBay Motors: Sparco L-sized helmet CUSTOM PAINT!!! TOP GEAR!!!! top gear, james may, jermy clarksun, dick hamond, st1g, (not skyline, type-r, chevelle, challenger, belair)L@@K (item 170233226427 end time Jul-02-08 16:58:26 PDT)

Seriously though, I'm guessing it got misplaced by the props department or the production team. I'm sure if somebody was motivated enough to cut through acres of red tape they could get somebody on the team to find it again. After all, it wasn't sitting in Hammond's basement gathering dust, it was actually used on the show, and stuff like that gets tossed about (hopefully not literally) all the time. (I

Thanks. Looks well cool.

How was the filming? Did they show a rude picture during the news again? If so what? And was this week's news a rehash of last week's news uncut?

Bugger - but, I'm sure it's somewhere in Hammond / TG-land - I can understand Richard forgetting where he's left it given the effects he may still be suffering from. Or as BlaRo said, someone in the TG team has put it somewhere safe - so safe no-one can find it. I'm sure it'll show up.

Happened before I joined. Where can I see a picture of Richard Hammond's helmet? Or was that what Jeremy showed during the news in 11x02?

Seriously if there is a related thread i'd be curious to see it.

This thread will give you the whole story

Thanks. Looks well cool.

How was the filming? Did they show a rude picture during the news again? If so what? And was this week's news a rehash of last week's news uncut?

Haha yes they did show a rude picture, but I will be posting all about that in a new thread which I will make tomorrow.

But, back to the point, lets not forget what Hammond's email to me said:

So thank you all, it was and is most appreciated and will be making many an appearance on Top Gear in the future and I shall think of you guys every time I wear it - though I shan't concentrate too hard on thinking about FinalGear, lest I make a mistake and we have a repeat of last year all over again and you guys will be stuck to think of something else to give me as a Get Well Soon present.

But it's not as if he can say thanks to FinalGear on Top Gear, the BBC wont allow it.

I just meant I thought I remembered reading about when he received the helmet or perhaps when you met him before he wasn't all that gracious, I can't remember specifically I shouldn't have said anything. <_<

I just meant I thought I remembered reading about when he received the helmet or perhaps when you met him before he wasn't all that gracious, I can't remember specifically I shouldn't have said anything. <_<

I wasn't having a go or anything mate:) Clarkson specifically mentioned something about it earlier today that's all:D

no no

I directed that face at myself because I said something without having anything to back it up

We're good. :)