Hamster's Helmet - the next steps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Awesome ^_^ (although that's not why we're doing it).

Shame it took us so long, but hopefully he'll still enjoy it. :)

You know that warm fuzzy feeling after you've done something ure genuinely proud of, or a after a few beers and a hit or 2 of LSD? yea, i have that right now

I will forever claim this to be my idea. Great work you guys. Lets hope the rest goes to plan and Richard feels the pressure to bang his head again.

Just a little update - the painter can't paint the peak as it's plastic & won't hold the paint very well - also the movement of the peak on the mounting studs would flake the paint off. But the peak's black anyway, so it will look fine.

Also, I've asked for and have been promised pics of the progress of the painting, so hopefully I'll have them sometime over the next couple of weeks.

:thumbup:

Hey Guys, I was just watching 9x01 again, and Hammond says "Can we never mention the crash ever again on Top Gear". Would this mean that the helmet might not be shown on the show based on that??

Would this mean that the helmet might not be shown on the show based on that??

Quite possibly, but that's not a problem - there was never the intention for the helmet to be shown on TV - it's a gift from us to Richard, nothing more, nothing less.

To be honest I'd probably prefer it not to be shown at all - that might make some people think the exposure was part of the reason for doing it.

thanks for that, didnt know if you wanted it on the show or not.

Being shown on the show would be a nice surprise, but that's not the point here.

I know I haven't posted much, but I have been reading it once in a while, and I don't really know what's the point here anymore. It's not a "get well" present, that time has gone a while a go, and we're definitely not trying to get on air or anything.

But since the since money was collected, and we got that far, it has to be finished I guess.

I know I haven't posted much, but I have been reading it once in a while, and I don't really know what's the point here anymore. It's not a "get well" present, that time has gone a while a go, and we're definitely not trying to get on air or anything.

But since the since money was collected, and we got that far, it has to be finished I guess.

The sentiment behind the gift is unchanged, it's belated yes, but the sentiment hasn't changed, and that's the point.

The money was originally for big roses on a casket, whether we accepted to believe it or not. The helmet is proof that fate was on Richards side. And thank god for that.

The money was originally for big roses on a casket, whether we accepted to believe it or not. The helmet is proof that fate was on Richards side. And thank god for that.

Maybe the card should say something to that effect. I guess a welcome back gift is a good way to characterize it.

is there a picture of the chosen design?

This is the helmet - will be be painted black:
http://img79.imageshack.**/img79/1577/sparcoprojethu6.jpg

This goes on each side, in white:
http://img79.imageshack.**/img79/873/newlogorr4ax6.png

And this goes on the back:
http://img79.imageshack.**/img79/685/oldlogozg2yi3.png

We discussed it here.

I'm sorry to ask this so late and I'll probably get directed to the other thread, but is anyone still taking contributions towards the helmet? I never got the chance to send him a get-well card and would like to put my mind at rest and be able to show my support. I have Paypal and can send money at any time. Thanks.

-Jeff

No, we have enough for the helmet and I'm just going to donate the excess to that helicopter fund. Thanks though. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.