Just Cause 2

The one thing I would change is the driving. It truly is abysmal. The rest of the flaws can be easily overlooked, or laughed at (voice acting).

The voice acting is awesome lah. Eet is so rid-ic-yulous lah.

The driving's decent. If you're spending much time in cars, though, you're doing it wrong. PARACHUTING OVER LEVEL GROUND, fuck yeah. The flying controls are pretty messed up though, it took me quite a while to get the hand of the auto rudder and all, and it's impossible to hit anything with the armed planes. Helos are good though.

Planes and heli's are awful to drive, that 30k mini-jet from black market is ok for getting around.
I'm 5 hours in and done one mission. The fun just keeps on happening. :D
Keep running out of ammo, and the one item at a time from black market is annoying.

Ammo is less of a problem as you do more missions, the military gradually gets more aggressive. Plus, if you're shooting, you're doing it wrong :p

I wasn't bothered by the flying controls on the PC version with an Xbox controller.

Played this game a year ago, I think, and I found the bikes to be pretty fun to drive, although the cars were awful. Still, it's an amazingly fun game with the largest map of any open world game. :D

I started playing the game again earlier this week and personally I love flying the helicopters, just blowing shit up and then going around picking off the military choppers is great fun. Then when you've shot down about 10 some bullets finally get to you and your bird blows up, the trick is to grapple on to the one that shot you down and steal it. I can quite easily our fly those military choppers.

Planes would be easier to fly if that camera wasn't fixed to the wings with balsa wood but I did manage to steal a fighter jet and land it at the airport earlier this week.

Oh and I don't think the cars are that bad either, for really bad car handling you have to go to the True Crime series on the PS2. I bought one of those games and got my money back a week or so later because it was unplayable.

Last edited:
Due to a not so recent unmentionable console setback.

This has been my game of choice, you can lose hours doing pretty much nothing.
36 hours in and 29% complete. The cost per hour ratio is gonna be tiny. :p

Picked this up for ?15.
I'm up to 26 hours play time and only 9% so it really is a great way to waste your time. At the moment I'm just enjoying sniping people and blowing up as many things as possible at once using triggered explosives.