Killing Your Heart with Punisher Bass (56k go order pizza)

Actually, BBQ chicken wings are stupidly tasty, fried wings are too much on the cholestrol front imo.

Those are some nice recipes you've got going there PB, too bad I don't eat pork though!

The beered chicken reminds me of the whiskey infused steak I grilled up a few days ago. Mmmmmm... mouthwatering!

Well aren't chicken wings traditionally fried?

No. You can grill, fry, broil, or bake them.

Well, it's the 4th of July next friday. That doesn't mean much to those outside the US, but for us it's another excuse to drink alcohol and put our incisors to good use. Only this time we can blow shit up all at the same time too! I'm looking at making that beer can chicken and probably some corn on the cob.

So next week it will be the Big Ass BBQ Special with EXPLOSIONS edition.

I'm quite looking forward to next weekend as well. My mom picked up a huge rack of spare ribs for an insanely good price (less than $7 for almost 5lbs). Thanks to this thread I insisted on cooking them myself. It'll be my first attempt at ribbing so wish me luck!

Remember, low and slow is the key. Gas/charcoal, rub/no rub, and sauce?

You seem fond of making pig
this makes kat sad because my stomach disagrees with pig... very much :X
eggs too

Remember, low and slow is the key. Gas/charcoal, rub/no rub, and sauce?
The charcoal grill is the only certainty right now. I'm still looking around to find the best sounding rub or sauce. But I'm pretty sure I'm going to avoid the sissy 'bake it in the oven first" method.

I love all kinds of meat. Beef, fish, pork, poultry. It's just that pork in its many different forms is what makes up most BBQ. Why doesn't the other white meat sit well with you?

The charcoal grill is the only certainty right now. I'm still looking around to find the best sounding rub or sauce. But I'm pretty sure I'm going to avoid the sissy 'bake it in the oven first" method.

You don't cook them in the oven first, that would be more along the lines of brazing. And remember, do NOT boil them first either. As for a rub, you can try the simple one of mine a few pages back, buy some from the store, or make your own. There's countless variatons out there and it all depends on what you're after. Personally I like things to be sweet rather than spicy.

And once again, I highly recomend getting some KC Masterpiece sauce, you won't be disapointed.

Last edited:
I love all kinds of meat. Beef, fish, pork, poultry. It's just that pork in its many different forms is what makes up most BBQ. Why doesn't the other white meat sit well with you?
I have no idea but I come in handy for my jewish friend since I can test food for pork:lol:
If there's pig in it, I'll be running to the bathroom within a few hours. Can you be allergic to that?
It's weird no other meat does that.

I've never heard of someone being alergic to pork. Perhaps you've had bad luck and have been served nothing but stuff that was undercooked?

^ A friend of my wife has the same problem. Another is forced to be vegetarian because her stomach cannot digest complex tissues, like animal muscle.

...If there are things to count your blessings with...

I've never heard of someone being alergic to pork. Perhaps you've had bad luck and have been served nothing but stuff that was undercooked?

That's impossible
My mother serves everything well done
I remember eating hamburgers that tastes like a peice of charcoal as a kid

^ A friend of my wife has the same problem. Another is forced to be vegetarian because her stomach cannot digest complex tissues, like animal muscle.

...If there are things to count your blessings with...

I don't think I could go on living if that happened to me. You've taken all 4 food groups, you might as well kill me now.

You don't cook them in the oven first, that would be more along the lines of brazing. And remember, do NOT boil them first either. As for a rub, you can try the simple one of mine a few pages back, buy some from the store, or make your own. There's countless variatons out there and it all depends on what you're after. Personally I like things to be sweet rather than spicy.

And once again, I highly recomend getting some KC Masterpiece sauce, you won't be disapointed.
Ah so the cookbooks I was looking at were all wrong! *sets them aside for later use as fuel for the bbq* I prefer sweet ribs myself and most of the people who are going to be eating them aren't too keen on spicy foods. I think I'll try your field tested rub since it seems a whole lot simpler than what I've been looking into and I already have all the ingredients. I might even customize it a bit because I seem to have good success with my seat-of-the-pants approach to herbs and spices. Right now I'm thinking my biggest problem will be keeping a constant temperature with the charcoal over that length of time since I'll have to add briquets every once in a while.

Right now I'm sort of addicted to Sweet Baby Ray's sauce but more will be needed for the big slab-o-meat so I might look into the KC. Or anything other than the Kraft krap my mom insists on buying all the time. :yucky:

You can cook ribs in the oven, that's just not the right way to do it. If you're going to BBQ ribs then you don't cook them twice, that cookbook is worth more as toilet paper. Are you planning to get something like Kingsford or real honest to goodness charcoal? Not that there is anything wrong with Kingsford.

Either way, the best way to get them going is not to use lighter fluid, but to get a chimney starter. You can get one for just a few bucks and they are easy to use. Just stuff it full of charcoal and wad up some paper (the cookbook would come in very handy for this) to go under it and then light it on fire.

I was raised on Maul's bbq sauce. It's St Louis area brand, it's not bad by any means, but since I switched to KC a few years ago I haven't looked back. I recomend their hickory and brown sugar. Very tasty stuff. As for Kraft, a lot of the pro cooks out there will use it at a base for their own sauces, but I wouldn't touch it with a 10 foot pole.

Last edited:
We've got loads of Kingsford charcoal and I've always been happy with the results we get from it so it looks like that'll be the fuel of choice. The chimney starter looks interesting and it might be a worthwhile investment since we use the grill quite a lot. Man I can't wait until it's time to get started!

Just remember to keep them on one side of the grill and the ribs on the other. Indirect heat is the key.

Aye. The cookbook did provide a tip that might be useful however. They suggested using a foil pan to catch the drippings and it would help keep the coals pushed to the sides where they belong.

This thread needs to be renamed the "Punisher Bass and KaJun Cooking Show", and moved to its own Youtube channel.