Laters, Chrysler. Don't let the door hit you in the arse on the way out.

MWF

Now needs wood
Car(s)
MX-5 1.8i Indiana SE, update pending
What? You still had Chryslers branded as Chryslers?

Chrysler and the urapeeing market, it will never, EVER work.....they tried at least a few dozen times here, only the Voyager sold in the big MPV days, that was about it, they tried it with Dodges at some point......we only got the Avenger and that little Caliper thing, no trucks, no real cars, geuss how that went :lol:
The only thing they have that keeps going is jeep, it's still here and holding it's own, Cherokees have their market, and whatever that new fiat 500 based thing is called, that seems to be selling well.

Last edited:
You mean that whole "selling Lancias with a Chrysler badge" strategy failed? How shocking for you, Chrysler...

You mean that whole "selling Lancias with a Chrysler badge" strategy failed? How shocking for you, Chrysler...

That came later, they were failing long before that :p

Wait, we had Chrysler here? Huh.

That attempt to penetrate the market was as flaccid as Chevrolet's "re-badge all the Daewoos" one.

Wait a second, you're telling me that no-one wanted to buy this?

waynesworldauto-co-uk-chrysler-ypsilon-black-red-0111.jpg

Which is based on a proper Panda, but more expensive, heavier, looks hideous and has a Chrysler badge? Sign me up. (I do like the Ypsilon dashboard)

Fiat needs to stop fucking about with plastic snotboxes and reinvent the Lancia name as a luxury side brand the way Citroen has with DS. They might just stick a chance with that but anything else is doomed to failure.

we do too...
the 300C is branded as chrysler
as were the crossfire and the PT Cruiser

We did, like I said a few posts above......now it's all Lancia/Fiat/who knows what they are selling them as now, which is why I found it odd they were still called Chryslers in the UK....

Fiat needs to stop fucking about with plastic snotboxes and reinvent the Lancia name as a luxury side brand the way Citroen has with DS. They might just stick a chance with that but anything else is doomed to failure.

They need to do something, Lancia has maybe 12 months left until they kill the name completely. The Lancia name hasn't meant anything in 20 year's. Alfa are slowly coming back, Alfa means more to them then Lancia... Lancia are Autobianchi.

Fiat are in the BMW-Mini phase, of slap a 500 on any nameplate they can, the problem is, look at the lineup..

2rz302w.jpg

If I wanted a Punto i'd buy the 2005 model, which is exactly the same car. It wouldn't surprise me if the Punto was on the chopping block to be replaced by "Whatever is the nearest priced car we have."

TLDR Fiat suck.

The only interesting thing about Chrysler in Europe was that they got a 300C wagon instead of the Magnum, which was kinda neat.

The 300C Touring... shouldn't be too difficult to replicate over there, just slap a 300C front on a Magnum...

tDfaiOc.jpg

This. But they won't.

The "Chrysler Simca 1309" was a Talbot here though, just like the Horizon.

When they started production in Uusikaupunki they were initially badged as Chryslers (1979-1980?).

I remember seeing one on Nettiauto. It had a Chrysler France build plate and next to it was a a Saab-Valmet plate. That's right: a Chrysler made by Saab.:blink:

Last edited:
They need to do something, Lancia has maybe 12 months left until they kill the name completely. The Lancia name hasn't meant anything in 20 year's. Alfa are slowly coming back, Alfa means more to them then Lancia... Lancia are Autobianchi.

Fiat are in the BMW-Mini phase, of slap a 500 on any nameplate they can, the problem is, look at the lineup..

2rz302w.jpg

If I wanted a Punto i'd buy the 2005 model, which is exactly the same car. It wouldn't surprise me if the Punto was on the chopping block to be replaced by "Whatever is the nearest priced car we have."

TLDR Fiat suck.

Qubo. :wub: Make mine orange or a funky green plox:

RSLmLjz.jpg

Qubo. :wub: Make mine orange or a funky green plox:

RSLmLjz.jpg

This is what happens when you try to go around a corner in a Qubo:

Ignore the Citro?n badge on this particular example. They're all made in the joint-venture factory that also churns out the Ducato/Promaster/etc among others.