Lens Flair

Wrong angle, I'm afraid. Shooting towards the sun can produce pleasing results, as epp_b's last photo shows, but that's more of an exception than the rule. Would look better if you shot with the sun behind you or to the side.

side for me, i like the shadow in that.. but it should be more bikelike and fully in the pic.

Wrong angle, I'm afraid. Shooting towards the sun can produce pleasing results, as epp_b's last photo shows, but that's more of an exception than the rule. Would look better if you shot with the sun behind you or to the side.
It might work if you have a good flash to fill the shadows. And, thank-you, Ice, that last one I posted is one of my new favorites :)

Yeah, you da man. You have an excellent eye for composition. A flash would work too, indeed. You live and you learn (hopefully).

woof

DSC_0560.jpg

Neato. The only thing I'd suggest using a smaller aperture (say, f/11 or something) to get more of the lines in focus or use a wide aperture and focus on the near objects for effect.

epp_b, not sure if you are talking about my pic but if you are that was actually done at F16. The trouble is that the camera is about a 30 year old Medium Format camera. I just posted it because it looked odd :D.

epp_b, not sure if you are talking about my pic but if you are that was actually done at F16. The trouble is that the camera is about a 30 year old Medium Format camera. I just posted it because it looked odd
Oh, wow, I didn't know that! I just assumed you were using a DSLR or 35mm. Doesn't f/16 actually have a relatively shallow depth of field on medium format?

Today's photo from me:

https://pic.armedcats.net/e/ep/epp_b/2008/11/18/2008-11-18_127.jpg

Oh, wow, I didn't know that! I just assumed you were using a DSLR or 35mm. Doesn't f/16 actually have a relatively shallow depth of field on medium format?

As far as I know depth of field is unchanged but lenses work a bit differently because of the size of the negative. Similar to how full frame cameras view a larger area than cropped sensors. The problem with the photo is that it's a bit out of focus to be honest and even age can't be blamed for that (although I could try). Because I only had one portrait prime to use I was a bit stuck and it would about the best I could do at the time. Excuses over :p.

I know, i have some from the oposite angle. But I liked this one. And my original idea was to go with HDR, like this!
http://img266.imageshack.**/img266/3715/kawahdrpo6.jpg