New Beater/Parts Shuttle

Spectre

The Deported
Car(s)
00 4Runner | 02 919 | 87 XJ6 | 86 CB700SC
So... my last Pathfinder dropped a valve due to previous owner stupidity. It's gone, since replaced by another one - a 1990 Nissan Pathfinder SE-V6 4x4. (Terrano for anyone not in the States.)

IMG_1893.JPG

I do like the little boxes. Frogdesign (who styled it and other Nissans of the period) did a good job. :)

Last edited:
Horray! 2-Door!

Anyways, Nice, I've always like 2-door SUVs for some reason... any plans for it, or is it just a every day driver?

Umm, dude, it's a 4-door. The rear door handle on the Pathfinder is hidden in the black plastic of the C-pillar.

The two-door has a longer rear window and a small triangular vent window behind the front doors

758933_47.jpg

Yup, it's a 4 door.

IMG_1896.JPG

Frogdesign and Nissan were careful to fair the handle into the C-pillar for that two-door look, something the Nissan SUVs continue to this day. :)

Last edited:
I miss mine occasionally, I don't miss the oil it used to leave everywhere.

It's an old workhorse but it still looks pretty good! (In terms of condition and the body shape, I like it.)

I hate looking up parts for WD21's...and I do it alot since a uh, certain ethnicity likes older Pathfinders, D21 pickups and B13 Sentras.

Umm, dude, it's a 4-door. The rear door handle on the Pathfinder is hidden in the black plastic of the C-pillar.

The two-door has a longer rear window and a small triangular vent window behind the front doors

758933_47.jpg

haha! Oh... oops. :bangin:
Well, I supose their trick works....

Oh well, it's still cool. Just about any pre 90s SUV is good in my books.

As for what I'm going to do with it, not much. Probably going to change out the wheels for 17-inchers to allow for better tire selection, hang some additional lights on it, tint the windows, rebuild the suspension and leave it alone.

Cleaned it up a bit, changed out the lights for more modern units.

IMG_0334.JPG

IMG_0330.JPG

IMG_0336.JPG

Looking good. Have you gotten a chance to play in 4WD?

Any interior pics?

Yes, I've played with it in 4WD a bit. Works great!

No interior pics just yet, I have a couple of things I need to install tomorrow before doing that.

A couple of interior shots - I swapped out the steering wheel for one off an S13 240SX and threw some better (electroluminescent) gauge faces on because it was difficult to read at night.

IMG_0455.JPG

IMG_0460.JPG

Nice for an old beater. Those things always look like they were built to be tanks.

Swapped out for 16" wheels (got a screaming deal) and got the windows tinted (Llumar HPF, naturally):

IMG_0777.JPG

Whoa, those gauges are epic. They look like some hella old-school benchtop multimeter.

Nice truck. The principal at my old highschool had a Red WD21 pathfinder.

Thanks. There's more to come - I just got some Hella Rallye 3000's for the roof, Hella 550's for bumper driving lights, and Hella 450's to replace the original fog lights (which weren't installed) that I need to put on.

And in case anyone wonders, yes, I do take it offroad occasionally; this is from last week:

IMG_0743.JPG

IMG_0744.JPG

I was driving down a trail when I encountered a creek that wasn't supposed to be there. :p

Last edited: