NFS: Shift 2 Unleashed

Then they need to think faster. :p I do think that the lag is due to poor coding or too much stuff for the game engine to calculate. This is basically just a slightly tweaked Shift 1 engine, but they had to add the head seizurehelmet cam, and look to apex. Basically all these calculations can't keep up with the player input.
The game doesnt use much CPU so it's quite the shitty coding if that makes it lag.

Last edited:
Wow. I know how anal you guys can be about handling and I can be rather forgiving when it comes to physics and such, but this game has horrible physics! That Nissan GT-R felt more like a minivan!

Such a shame. This game was looking to be good, but it's undrivable.

Wow. I know how anal you guys can be about handling and I can be rather forgiving when it comes to physics and such, but this game has horrible physics! That Nissan GT-R felt more like a minivan!

and that your dash blurs to shit above 60km/h when you go to turn, I know when I drive on the off ramp to the freeway my speedo doesn't blur...

Just so we're clear, my Chevy Venture actually handles better than that in-game GT-R. I don't want us shaming mini-vans too much and giving them a bad rep.
:D

I love drifting in almost any game, but the input lag coupled with the terrible drift physics just makes me mad. I'm uninstalling this. On a better note, Slightly Mad Studio, the talentless hacks that made this pile of shit is now without a project. At least someone at EA has the sense to pull the plug on this terrible series. Shift 1 has bouncing cars and crashing into invisible objects, this game has laggy controls and bad drifting physics.

http://www.joystiq.com/2011/03/26/slightly-mad-studios-is-currently-without-a-project/

I love drifting in almost any game, but the input lag coupled with the terrible drift physics just makes me mad. I'm uninstalling this. On a better note, Slightly Mad Studio, the talentless hacks that made this pile of shit is now without a project. At least someone at EA has the sense to pull the plug on this terrible series. Shift 1 has bouncing cars and crashing into invisible objects, this game has laggy controls and bad drifting physics.

http://www.joystiq.com/2011/03/26/slightly-mad-studios-is-currently-without-a-project/

That's good, so they can focus on releasing a humongous patch fixing the issues with this game, because on the whole it's not a bad product IF the handling is fixed.
At least you can apply your decals and mirror them to the other side on this one :rolleyes:

Well the guys over at Simbin must be laughing their heads off!

That's good, so they can focus on releasing a humongous patch fixing the issues with this game, because on the whole it's not a bad product IF the handling is fixed.
At least you can apply your decals and mirror them to the other side on this one :rolleyes:

Well, if they can fix the steering lag, the game is playable. And another thing, they need to remove the drift physics. This guy's review says it all. Skip to 9:32 when he starts talking about the drift physics.
[video=youtube;RR4R-hwrA_I#t=9m32s]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RR4R-hwrA_I#t=9m32s[/video]

Last edited:
My issue with drifting, is that most games require "drift physics" or a "drift mode" to do it. If the physics are done properly in the first place, you can drift whenever the hell you want.

I agree. In GT5 it's very easy to drift, and it feels natural. But I feel like I can drift with the regular physics in Shift 2 if they fixed the damn steering lag. The game is already pretty tail happy, just put some low grip tire on the rear and it should be easy to drift. It's actually harder to drift in the drift mode because the car doesn't react realistically (well, that and the input lag).

Yeah, Grid is a good example of unrealistic drifting that still manages to be fun and challenging. I can't drift in GT5 to save my life, but in that case it's not the game's fault.

GRID's drifting is definitely very arcady, but yea, it's very fun.

Yeah, Grid is a good example of unrealistic drifting that still manages to be fun and challenging. I can't drift in GT5 to save my life, but in that case it's not the game's fault.

I can drift wonderfully in GT5 with a controller. With a wheel...not so much. The wheel's FFB just isn't fast enough.

Didn?t Simbin make the first NFS Shift ?

No, but one of the original simbin guys left and started slightly mad studios. And took a few of the programmers with him.

Last edited:
Ya know what? I'm gonna get this game just so I can rage at how bad it is. Since I now have such low expectations it'll almost be fun.

my prediction, will be at EB games for $38 within 6 months

Wrong.

In 6 months it'll be marked down to $70 and the voice on the radio in store will tell you how much of a craAaAaAaAazy bargain it is.

When in reality it should be marked down to $2.