Official 2011 Formula 1 Pre-Season Thread

I think drivers were the last of HRT's problems. They had three which were all better than the car they had in Chandhok, Klien and Senna, so I can only imagine this deal comes down to money, ala Yamamoto.

HRT hiring a driver for his money? Surely not!

sacking senna is the best decision HRT has taken since it's been founded!

I'm kind of drunk (a few vodka and orange juices on a warm night is just the thing) and so my friend and I just booked flights, accommodation and tikets to the Malaysian Gran dPrix. Ultimate girl's trip yo!

I'm kind of drunk (a few vodka and orange juices on a warm night is just the thing) and so my friend and I just booked flights, accommodation and tikets to the Malaysian Gran dPrix. Ultimate girl's trip yo!

:eek:

No doubt you will be attending the Melbourne GP as well? I'm jealous.

Sepang is hotter than hell when it doesn't rain. And when it does rain it's kind of crap. Plus the circuit is not that near the city. But the races there are slightly better than the Singapore GP, that i must concede. Hopefully my friends decide on a grandstand seat for my local GP this year, free standing areas are kind of iffy.

:eek:

No doubt you will be attending the Melbourne GP as well? I'm jealous.

Yes I will be :). I just woke up with a massive hangover and went 'fuck I think I'm going to the Malaysian GP'.

And Goondu86 I used to live in Kuala Lumpur so I know all about the weather :) Ideally I'd like to go to something like the Japanese GP but I managed to book the whole trip (flights, hotels, transfers, GP tickets sitting at the first corner in a covered grandstand) for less than 800 Australian, which is a bit of a bargain.

Yes I will be :). I just woke up with a massive hangover and went 'fuck I think I'm going to the Malaysian GP'.

And Goondu86 I used to live in Kuala Lumpur so I know all about the weather :) Ideally I'd like to go to something like the Japanese GP but I managed to book the whole trip (flights, hotels, transfers, GP tickets sitting at the first corner in a covered grandstand) for less than 800 Australian, which is a bit of a bargain.

a "bit"???

more like the bargain of the century!!

I wish I could get everything sorted for 800 AUD

Seriously Malaysia is so cheap. I'm sharing a room in a two star hotel (all the mod cons, free wifi etc) in the heart of KL for $21 a night, and three days at the first turn was $125. Definitely a good value proposition.

WHAT! $800? Take me with yoooouuu! :p

That's insanely cheap.

I did Melbourne and Suzuka last year, but Suzuka was in no way cheap. Flights to Japan aren't that cheap, accommodation is about $100-120/night at best, and you've got to get to Nagoya by bullet train, and then train to Suzuka every day (a further hour from Nagoya), and even then the circuit is a 20+ minute walk from the station. Suzuka is an awesome circuit, but it's a bloody tough place to get to compared to the Melbourne GP!

Singapore was next on my list but Malaysia has shot right up there now!

Do it Suspense! I'm flying Air Asia, I think it was $329 there and $289 back, the hotel is $150 for 4 nights (so I did get that a bit wrong), transfers from airport to hotel and hotel to track are about $5 each way, and the GP tickets themselves were $125. I'm sharing the room with my friend so we're playing $75 each (which includes breakfast every day). I booked through the F1 website and they were actually insanely helpful, plus all the hotels have a discount at the moment.

Seriously, if I can get everything under $1000, then I might just attend the Malaysian GP.

Please share specials/links/sites if you happen to come across them.

I'm trying to convince a couple of mates to do teh most awesome F1 trip.

I won't be able to get the leave to go this year (used up my leave to go to Suzuka in October, Xmas, and need 2 days to go to Melbourne to do the behind the scenes stuff on Thursday/Friday). If it's still that cheap next year then it's game on!

Hey MadCow809, I just did the hotel and race tickets through the f1.com website (if you book before Jan 31 you can still get good discounts on everything - I think my hotel room was 46% off), but I booked my flights with Air Asia (thank you Tony Fernandes!) I'm not sure about flights from Sth Africa but I'm sure you have discount flight websites over there so give those a go.

If you're talking about US$1000 it's possible to do the same for the Singapore GP, there's budget hotels and i can think of 1 that's about 20 mins walk from the Marina Bay circuit.