Race Driver: GRID

Yeah, he said it was really fun. I guess it's not an "offcial" demolition derby. It's a race, but you get this old beater of a car, on a dirt track with a couple jumps, and the computer smashes the hell out of each other......and you, haha. Plus it's a figure 8 track, so he said there's some pretty wicked crashes in the middle :D

He said there's atleast one other track like that too, maybe more though since they just started playing it today.

Ooooh, I see. That's much better than a real destruction derby! :D

Although maybe I should get it for the PS3. I forgot about the offline multiplayer part of it...

I'm getting it for PC so I can play LAN with my local friends, but I'd like the have the 360 version for playing online. On a sidenote, I guess there's no split screen play on the console versions.

On a sidenote, I guess there's no split screen play on the console versions.

Oh, okay, problem solved then. PC version it is! (1080p > 720p)

the PC Version is really some good fun, but ATI users remember to get Catalyst 8.5, because the older ones fail ...

I wondered, but i can play it on ultra settings in 1680x1050 with 2xFSAA on my X1900XT...

pretty nice game :)

1920x1200, 4xAA (it defaulted to that and I don't see a need for higher), Ultra settings. ^_^

Gonna definitely pick up a legal copy of it once it comes out here on the 3rd. It's no sim, but it's still damn fun.

Ooo, I like how they did the 24 Hours of Le Mans. It's actually the ~24 Minutes of Le Mans and the time of day is accelerated to match. You race at night and day time. It's pretty sweet. :D

Been playing for a while now... Pretty fun. Especially drifting... Never thought they would do a bunch of different modes...

hm, do i get Mass Effect or this first, it's a toughie...

i think this wins out as a REALLY good racing sim hasn't been on the PC for awhile.

This game is not sim at all, the handling is pretty fake, but it is still a fun game.

sim TDU racing type thing ;)

sim TDU racing type thing ;)
I'd argue TDU is much more of a sim, especially in hardcore mode.

GRID drives like the cars use super glue for wheels. It's still really fun though. :)

is it me or does the G25 suck with this game? I feel like when I turn, the car doesn't turn... even at low speeds. What the heck!!!!!

Any of you using the G25 and wanna share the set up? So far, I am hating this game with every bit of my bones.

It was designed for 360 controller, so that's really about the only thing you can use that handles decently on the PC. Codemasters seems to have a problem designing games to work properly with a wheel.

urg.... I guess I'll be uninstalling this pretty soon so I can get back to decent driving (something that doesn't whip around when I center my wheel... urg)

I'm so pissed right now, for some goddamn reason the full game doesn't work with ATI cards. Every time I tried the drift event the monitor just goes turns off (to standby mode). The game itself is still running, if I rev engine I can still hear the sound. Nothing would get the monitor back on unless I restart the comp. This has got to be another of Nvidia's doing (just like they forced Ubisoft to remove DX10.1 from Assassin's Creed), there's not fucking way that the demo worked perfectly but the full game have problems. And I blame ATI for this too, if you want to make video cards, pay the greedy ass developers so they won't make a game that's incompatible with your cards! But oh well, I'm building a new rig in a few months, I'm definitely getting an Nvidia card, ATI makes fine cards, but their compatibility with new games are shit.

Edit: I'm on Cat 8.6 RC driver and I also tried running the card at stock clock, same problem.

Last edited: