Random Thoughts... [Automotive Edition]

I am sure Spectre has a portable plasma cutter he could use to help you. :p

Hmm...this got me thinking. My glove box lock is broken (common problem in the 850), so it can't be opened. I have literally no idea what's inside.

I'm absolutely certain the one thing you can't find there are gloves.

The Mustang really doesn't like to be started in near freezing temperatures. An hour or two on the block heater ought to fix that though.

Using a block heater is like giving +rep to your car.

Well the (main) roads are nearly completely snow free, so I figured I'd drive it to work tonight. I just hope it doesn't cool off in the 5 five hours I'll be there to the point it won't start up again :lol:

You also CAN refuse a search of your vehicle without a warrant but that never ends well and isn't exactly recommended.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fourth_Amendment_to_the_United_States_Constitution

The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.

I have never submitted to a search of my vehicle, or home, and the police or FBI/ATF have never been back or able to serve a warrent to do so. I can remember 4 times for vehicles and twice for my home. Not that anything illegal was going on, it is just a tactic that they use to see your response. If they had reason to suspect anything illegal (smell of marijuana, tossed items from car, etc), they already have legal justification to do a search.

So if you have not done anything wrong, they have no reason to search your vehicle or home and you have every right to refuse any search without a warrent.

I got bored of waiting for the block heater to warm it to the point of an easy start, so I just used some starting fluid. *Spray spray vroom*

I love driving that car :happy:

a block heater is something I should invest in. I actually don't think I've gotten my engine to operating temperature since sometime in september :|

I'm absolutely certain the one thing you can't find there are gloves.

We found driving gloves in the glovebox of the Volvo V40 we're borrowing. It's my granddad's... And he used to be a policeman. :lol:

My friend's new exhaust for his Maxima.

The chamber is a full foot wide in diameter, while the tip is at least 6" or so. It looks like some sort of meat smoker, or a juicer, or a rotisserie cooker. Poor bastard's car is going to sound awful. :no:

He also bought some halo eye headlights for $100. Yeah, NISMO POWAHHH!!!

Last edited:
Ewwww... would he like some sushi with his rice?

Why on earth do those people think big exhaust cans make their cars sound like they have twice the cylinders? All it does is change the pitch of the fart. Still stupid and still annoying.

my car used to sound like a wind up toy, then I had an accident and when I got it back it sounded much better!
:blink:
I have no idea what caused that because the list of repairs was about 10 pages long. It was a front end accident and the nice sound is from the front not the back so I know it is not the exhaust.

Top Tip: if you want your underpowered ecobox to sound better, crash a 96 trans am into it.

maybe they accidentally but the trans am's motor into your car? :p

No I would have noticed that :lol:
It was probably either some sort of intake thing from porsche (that is where they apparently got the replacement parts from the porsche/audi dealer) or ripped out some sort of thing they add to modern cars that makes it sound crappy.

My friend's new exhaust for his Maxima.

The chamber is a full foot wide in diameter, while the tip is at least 6" or so. It looks like some sort of meat smoker, or a juicer, or a rotisserie cooker. Poor bastard's car is going to sound awful. :no:

He has it backwards, that's supposed to be an exhaust tip for a giant box truck.
:mrgreen:

For some reason my dad wants to put a amplifier on the mitsu, and put a big ass exhaust(not as big as that Nissan tho). I'm sort of sympathethic, when he was young, he was poor and could not afford to do those things in his Datsun 1200. still, i refused to the exhaust saying that there is no way in hell i'm driving that unless he gets like a little switch that makes it go silent again.

Why on earth would you want to do anything to a car that spontaneously combusts every other week?

That is a good question. I think it is new car time for him.

actually, it's been working like a dream after it's last attempt at suicide. i think it even got better. OK, maybe the total wire replacement may have something to do with it but still, it's good for another 237k miles