Random Thoughts (Political Edition)

It's because the most extreme right views her as an honest maverick, plain spoken country folks rethoric and a little sex appeal. Let's just say that John Cleese don't think that Michael Palin is the funniest Palin in the world anymore. And Cleese knows silly!

No, we don't have dikes in Norway. She's thinking about the Netherlands, I'm sure. I love her, she's very competent, just like her home country El Salvador.

Fuck it. We're talking about a woman who'd probably consider using tactical nukes to hunt polar bears.

It's because the most extreme right views her as an honest maverick, plain spoken country folks rethoric and a little sex appeal.
You'd think they'd have learned after eight years that the "guy you'd want to have a beer with" quality actually gets you pretty poor results.

I also particularly like how she thinks Obama wants to continue the oil spill so he can raise taxes. Because this is a perfect springboard for that, even though he's been saying the entire time BP is paying for all of this.

I'm suprised she hasn't claimed Obama wants to be shot so he can secure reelection.

I'm suprised she hasn't claimed Obama wants to be shot so he can secure reelection.

That will be in her next book. Always have to keep them wanting more. This is the same woman who thought Africa was a country so we honestly expect her to know the differance between Norway and The Netherlands? They aren't part of the real america anyway.

The German branch of PETA are just weird.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/10333211.stm

Puppy thrown at German biker gang
Page last updated at 16:23 GMT, Wednesday, 16 June 2010 17:23 UK

A German student "mooned" a group of Hell's Angels and hurled a puppy at them before escaping on a stolen bulldozer, police have said.

The man drove up to a Hell's Angels clubhouse near Munich, wearing only a pair of shorts and carrying a puppy.

He dropped his shorts and threw the dog, escaping on a bulldozer from a nearby building site.

He was arrested later at home by police. The 26-year-old is said to have stopped taking depression medication.

After making his getaway on the bulldozer, he had driven so slowly that a 5km tailback built up behind him on the motorway.

After driving about 1km, he had abandoned the bulldozer in the middle of the motorway, near Allershausen. He continued his journey by hitchhiking.

"What motivated him to throw a puppy at the Hell's Angels is currently unclear," a police spokesman said.

The puppy is now being cared for in an animal shelter.

^What the hell?? I know "animal rights" is now synonymous with wackos (thanks so much, peta), but what exactly did he accomplish by throwing a puppy at a gang of outlaw motorcyclists?

Some sort of zen mastery?

That will be in her next book. Always have to keep them wanting more. This is the same woman who thought Africa was a country so we honestly expect her to know the differance between Norway and The Netherlands? They aren't part of the real america anyway.

You know I was actually thinking of defending Palin because the way I saw the initial 48 or so second video it seemed like she just kind of rain Norway and Dutch together in her fast nervous way of talking. She knew that Norway doesn't have dikes and the Dutch are the oil drillers but just said it all too fast.

Well after watching the rest of the video and reading the transcript I just can't do that. I don't know what she meant and I don't think she did either. The company in Maine she was talking about? I am pretty sure that is actually the CT company that invented oil booms. The company that NPR did a profile on a couple of weeks ago. The one that has been working 24/7 a day to try and make more boom for the Gulf.

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=126968019&ft=1&f=1025

The one that when they were talking to the president and son of the founder of the company he was down at the Gulf helping himself.

Last edited:
Sarah Palin is at it again.... (Norwegian news story)

She says to Bill O'Reilly that the American Government should have accepted offers of help and advice from nations like Norway, who are good at handling spills, cleaning water, and building dikes apparently. Norwegian authorities on the other hand confirms that American authorities contacted right after the accident and asked for advice and what sort of equipment that could be used. Adding to that, she says that the evil Obama administration does not want this cleaned up, but use this crisis to increase his evil taxes...

Palin for president, 2012... :thumbsup:

http://www.deepwaterhorizonresponse.com/go/doc/2931/660195/

List of countries providing ships for cleanup efforts.

God help America if the next choice is between Obama (Pisses off best ally - what do we need them for any way?) and Palin (I am not going to be manipulated by Cheyney now am I? - oh yes I am it seems, where is California btw?).

"He's pissed off the best ally"?

No. As Kissenger said, "nations don't have friends, just interests". The problem for the US ended up being that Israel was that only friend they supported despite their own interests, Israel got support and friendship even when they behaved like assholes, perhaps in the hope that they would get nicer if we just were friendlier to them.

"Entangling alliances with no one" - Jefferson.

Israel is the exception in American foreign policy. The UK would get away with less. And did. In 56.

Pisses off best ally - what do we need them for any way?
So I'm going to take an equally anti-British view to see your blatant anti-American view, and ask you what we do need you for. If we have, in fact, "pissed off our best ally", it hasn't really affected us much.

God help America if the next choice is between Obama (Pisses off best ally - what do we need them for any way?) and Palin (I am not going to be manipulated by Cheyney now am I? - oh yes I am it seems, where is California btw?).

I think Aus has been seen as a pretty big ally to the US for a while now (thanks, Dubya and Howard- not), and as such any fallout from the Uk and the US being annoyed with each other would be minimised by this relationship. Not talking us up, if anything we have been so pathetic in the pass that we could be regarded as the USA's butt-kissing little brother on the global scene :(

Given that Blair toadied up to Dubya for so long and got the square root of fuck all in return, and yet we still keep at it, I think we win the "butt-kissing" award.

I think Aus has been seen as a pretty big ally to the US for a while now (thanks, Dubya and Howard- not), and as such any fallout from the Uk and the US being annoyed with each other would be minimised by this relationship. Not talking us up, if anything we have been so pathetic in the pass that we could be regarded as the USA's butt-kissing little brother on the global scene :(

Once the British Empire faded into nothingness the Australians had to find an ally that could support and protect them in case of war. For the past 70 years the only option has been the United States and it will likely be the United States for the foreseeable future. There really is no other choice and those in power in Australia realized that long ago.

I've been reading this:

http://img822.imageshack.**/img822/4962/greatbetrayaliansmith37.jpg

The amount of abuse Rhodesia took from the United States, United Kingdom, and various international organizations is quite amazing. I will always be of the opinion that the death of Rhodesia was a great tragedy for the people of the country and for Africa as a whole. As it matured Rhodesia could have become something great(er) but its chances were unfortunately cut short.

When did black people get the right to vote in Rhodesia? And if it didn't happen at UDI, because they weren't ready to rule a modern country, did the Rhodesian regime do all in their power to prepare their black population through education and the likes?

I'm -no- expert on Rhodesian history. That's why I'm asking.

So I'm going to take an equally anti-British view to see your blatant anti-American view, and ask you what we do need you for. If we have, in fact, "pissed off our best ally", it hasn't really affected us much.
It does come over as Anti-American it was not supposed to be - I am more fed up with our lot who kid themselves.

You state the position exactly correctly - the US do not do allies, they always ignore them when finished with them. I was talking about it from the Brit side. When our Tone inserted himself up the bottom of Dubya every one here went oh well we always do it. Now I think if the US want to go off on a hair brained scheme invading people then the UK Prime Minister will find it difficult to get the country to follow. The US may find themselves as they want to be - on their own.

NB - I am sad to hear of the 300th UK death since the conflict started in Afghanistan today.

The Aussies may still chum up though I suppose.

Last edited:
NB - I am sad to hear of the 300th UK death since the conflict started in Afghanistan today.

The Aussies may still chum up though I suppose.

My feelings are with the family. Very sad.

The Aussies will chump up. I think Howard managed to get one thousand gallons of lager and three miles of barbed wire fence from negotiations over military cooperation with the previous administration.

Last edited: