Random Thoughts (Political Edition)

http://www.ksta.de/html/artikel/1262688247845.shtml (sadly only in german, but let me try to summarize)

A School headmaster put an Job-Ad into the newspaper some days ago (because he wanted to make a point about the gap of political promisses concerning the schools and what eventually happpens at schools like his - wich seems to be nothing), that he was looking for a new State-secretary for schools. The Ad statet they were looking for "a leadership personality, that can win over young people to become teachers with incentives, and to coach them propperly".

This little satire is said to have angered the current School-Secretary of the State (Mrs Sommer of the Christian Democrats) and the headmaster is now facing disciplinary actions from the Sate (wich is his employer).

-

What a shame that politicians don?t even have the slightest bit of humor. I think the ad is a very nice, whitty way to express that something is going wrong. I think the headmaster has done everything right and shouldn?t be facing consequences now. He?s actually a good role-model for the kids at his school on how to do good political protest ...

edit: and If I were in the oposition for the upcoming election (in may), I?d be plastering the billboards with this story ... or other fake-job-ads.

Last edited:
Even if I think it's mostly funny and that policians need to be able to face this sort of critisism, not to mention that it's probably a legitimate critisism, I must say that objectively, it's no stranger than a middle management facing diciplinary actions if he put such an ad in the paper about his boss.

But even still, it's cataclysmicly stupid of the school secretary. It's like when the House of Lords voted out Lloyd George's "People's budget" back in 1911(?), which eventually led to them losing their dominating position.

This will never end well for the school secretary. That's my point.

And it shouldn't.

Well, it looks like a serious bid to unseat Gordon Brown is underway this afternoon...

It'd be nice, but I don't think it will happen.

Even if the leadership changes (and let's be honest, who exactly is going to replace Gordon Brown?), the odds of them winning the next election are miniscule.

It'd be nice, but I don't think it will happen.

Even if the leadership changes (and let's be honest, who exactly is going to replace Gordon Brown?), the odds of them winning the next election are miniscule.
Apparently it's exceedingly difficult to unseat a Labour leader. It could be that Brown will call the election to quash the rebels depending on how this develops.

School bus driver Martha Thompson gets jail time for drunken driving with kids onboard

A drunk school bus driver?s wild and dangerous ride has ended with her in jail.

Martha Thompson of upstate Almond, N.Y. was sentenced Monday to 90 days in jail and six months of home monitoring for the May 8, 2009 incident driving school kids while intoxicated.

Video from the Alfred-Almond school district bus shows several teenage girls pleading with Thompson to pull over after she missed a turn and drove the bus in reverse.

The girls then led some of the younger students out the back of the bus as the 56-year-old Thompson yells at them to remain on board.

Thompson, 56, pleaded guilty to driving while intoxicated and to 37 counts of reckless endangerment - one for each student on the bus - on Nov. 2, and was also fined $1,000 in Allegany County Court.

Video can be found at the link provided.

90 days in jail and six months of home monitoring

That's it? I'm surprised the parents haven't descended on her house with torches and pitchforks. They've gotten up in arms over lesser matters...

Holy shit, the TSA pisses me off to no end. Could there actually be a more useless organization in the entire history of the human species?

Seriously, even COBRA Commander got more accomplished.

Documents show a Brethren-run school at Swan Hill in northern Victoria was granted $1.2m for a library and $800,000 for a hall when its most recent annual report shows it had just 16 pupils and already had a library.

Hmm..

I just got a reference nomix made months ago. Hooray!
I saw the youtube video "Faen" :yes:

What?

:p

You wrote the same thing he said in the video I think. Or at least a similar very long stacked curse word ;)

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AkJf0md1kG8[/YOUTUBE]