Random Thoughts....

Gaaaaaaah, I'm broke.

Like, "December sucks" kind of broke.

I like putting up lights and stuff, but can I renounce the gift-giving part of Christmas? Or maybe delay it 'til I get Christmas money? Aughh.

Also, I now realize why the doctor said to avoid smoke with this bronchitis crap. Went to a karaoke night yesterday to watch the epic lulz that is karaoke night during finals week. And it was smoky. And I felt like I was gonna cough up my lung. No more karaoke MST3King 'til I'm 100000000% better. :(

Also, I now realize why the doctor said to avoid smoke with this bronchitis crap. Went to a karaoke night yesterday to watch the epic lulz that is karaoke night during finals week. And it was smoky. And I felt like I was gonna cough up my lung. No more karaoke MST3King 'til I'm 100000000% better. :(

Smoking bans in bars FTW. Karaoke nights in North Carolina were always a chore. I blame my poor renditions of Save a Horse, Ride a Cowboy on the secondhand smoke.

I saw an ad on TV and it spawned an odd thought. How many STD's would you need to acquire to quote "Keep up with the Kardashians'?

Smoking bans in bars FTW.

Fuck that. If a bar wants to cater to those who hate smoking they can do that. But forcing all bars to do this is over bearing government crap.

I saw an ad on TV and it spawned an odd thought. How many STD's would you need to acquire to quote "Keep up with the Kardashians'?

Saw the same ad, but my reaction was more of a "uhhh no thanks".

Fuck that. If a bar wants to cater to those who hate smoking they can do that. But forcing all bars to do this is over bearing government crap.

They do have cigar bars around here, so there are exceptions. It's been a while since I've been to one, and there's been some talk about removing their exemption, so no idea if that's still true now. It's MA, you don't come here expecting that much personal freedom anyway.

They do have cigar bars around here, so there are exceptions. It's been a while since I've been to one, and there's been some talk about removing their exemption, so no idea if that's still true now. It's MA, you don't come here expecting that much personal freedom anyway.

They have the same shit here. You need to be 50 feet away from the building. Great when you have a bunch of college kids standing in a busy street because it would be too unsafe for them to smoke inside a building.

It also weighs 350lbs+.

You might not want it.

(The V12s are all-aluminum, as are the AJ-series sixes. The XK6 engine was iron. Cold, hard, heavy iron.)

AaronCouper-B.jpg

For reference, the stock car weighs 1600 lbs with an A series.

Smoking bans in bars FTW. Karaoke nights in North Carolina were always a chore. I blame my poor renditions of Save a Horse, Ride a Cowboy on the secondhand smoke.

I almost would've paid to see that. Last time I watched someone do that song for karaoke, they didn't know half the words and slurred the rest. Was a great night, that.

Still not as good as me and my friend's rendition of Friends in Low Places. :lol:

Hmm...this might go off on a bit of a political tangent, but I think decisions like that should be a business owner's, not a city government's (even though it's nasty to stand around in).

I usually go to the nonsmoking places for this very reason (bar stink FTL), but...not yesterday. But, heck, if there's still demand for smoky bars, it's not my place to say "you can't have their business."

And if they keep going with the "we're banning this because it's bad for you" thing, what's next? Booze? Fatty food? The good thick coffee creamer that isn't that watery nonfat stuff?

I'd like to see more places go non-smoking, but that's why I tend to give them my money 99.99999% of the time when I go out. If other businesses see that there's demand for places to go with clean air, they'll hopefully follow suit without the man ever having to step in.

Also, haha..."Friends in Low Places" was my embarrassing attempt at karaoke song, too! Erm, let's just say it didn't end well for me either--even though I had no bronchitis that night.

Last edited:
Hmm...this might go off on a bit of a political tangent, but I think decisions like that should be a business owner's, not a city government's. Even though it's nasty to stand around in.

I usually go to the nonsmoking places for this very reason (bar stink FTL; supporting businesses that cater to the customers who don't need to smoke with their food/drink), but...not yesterday. But, heck, if there's still demand for smoky bars, it's not my place to say "you can't have their business."

And if they keep going with the "we're banning this because it's bad for you" thing, what's next? Booze? Fatty food? The good thick coffee creamer that isn't that watery nonfat stuff?

I'd like to see more places go non-smoking, but that's why I tend to give them my money 99.99999% of the time when I go out. If other businesses see that there's demand for places to go with clean air, they'll hopefully follow suit without the man ever having to step in.

Exactly. Unfortunately thus isn't a city thing, it is a state thing.

Also, haha..."Friends in Low Places" was my embarrassing attempt at karaoke song, too! Erm, let's just say it didn't end well for me either--even though I had no bronchitis that night.

It's almost a requirement if you're going to do karaoke. Mine wasn't so much failed, as embarrassed my other friends to no end.

Hmm, I might have to see how many friends want to go out after I go see Avatar next week. :shifty:

Exactly. Unfortunately thus isn't a city thing, it is a state thing.

That's because WA is somewhat of a nanny state. ;)

It's usually a city issue when it's come up here, and I'm still not a fan. Waco's trying to grow--it needs to let businesses come in and thrive, period. The last thing they need to do is be picky on who gets a food/beverage license just because a place wants a smoking section. We've got three colleges and relatively little to do.

And unfortunately, they're doing just the opposite. I don't quite get it, but people tend to smoke a lot more down here than they did in WA, so there's still a demand for a smoking section in restaurants and bars. Business owners get this (luckily, a lot of them have moved the smoking area outside--yay!). The city: not so much.

I just want a few more places to go out and maybe a decent concert venue or two, for pete's sake. Oh, and something besides IHOP and Whataburger that's open at 4 AM. Like a coffee house. Especially a latelate-night coffee house. Yes.

...what's next? Booze? Fatty food? The good thick coffee creamer that isn't that watery nonfat stuff?...

Well generally* those items only harm the person who chooses to use them. The argument for the law here in Oklahoma was to protect those who could not avoid the situation, i.e. musicians who make their living in bars as well as waiters and waitresses. Also the law here was a popular vote and Oklahoma is farrrrrrrrr from a liberal nanny state.

*yes I know about drunk drivers and the drain on health care by fatties.

Last edited:
Yeah WA sucks like that. The state government already scared off Boeing (moved corporate headquarters to another state). Great when you realize Boeing provides more jobs and state income than Microsoft ever has or will. If it wasn't for the geography I'd leave (mountains + green stuff = awesome).

On the plus side there is always an open coffee shop if the need arises.

Well generally* those items only harm the person who chooses to use them. The argument for the law here in Oklahoma was to protect those who could not avoid the situation, i.e. musicians who make their living in bars as well as waiters and waitresses. Also the law here was a popular vote and Oklahoma is farrrrrrrrr from a liberal nanny state.

*yes I know about drunk drivers and the drain on health care by fatties.

Then don't work at a bar.

Last edited:
They have the same shit here. You need to be 50 feet away from the building. Great when you have a bunch of college kids standing in a busy street because it would be too unsafe for them to smoke inside a building.

This is what they did at my school. Now, instead of there being a nice, avoidable cloud of smoke by the doorways, they do it while walking (...which is so unimaginably tacky to the poor soul behind them!) and smoke out in the weather. Then they get sick. And since my immune system is poo, I catch it.

I preferred letting them smoke under overhangs. My favorite idea is a series of strategically-placed gazebos around campus, but I have a feeling that Risk Management (a.k.a. The Most Useless Department on Campus) would claim that that's too much of a "fire risk" to ever let happen. (Keep in mind that we had to have Homecoming in a parking lot for a couple years because its traditional location was "too close to the buildings"--until outcry from more sensible alumni moved it back on campus. Thanks, Useless Department!)

Last edited:
And whoa, when did WA chase off Boeing?

The politics in that state are enough to drive ya batty. When I knew I wanted to do political science in college, my one big requirement for a college was "away!" :lol:

Nabster - I started wrapping presents. Thought I had bought some good quality, heavy duty paper. Nope, apparently been stored in a really sunny or hot place for a while. Really brittle and tearing everywhere. Funny thing is though, I though there was gold speckle dye/paint over the base purple of the paper. Instead it's glitter. There is glitter on everything that I have touched for the last two days, on me, clothes, bed, desk, bag, car & ended up in the dinner. Wrapping presents in front of a fan with flying glitter is apparently a bad idea (well, it didn't look like glitter until I pulled the plastic cover off the roll of paper). I've thrown the paper out, but I'm still cleaning up after the damn glitter.

Well, glitter is the herpes of craft supplies. Hope you didn't get it in any carpet. You'd be better off burning down the house and starting over at that point.

And whoa, when did WA chase off Boeing?

The politics in that state are enough to drive ya batty. When I knew I wanted to do political science in college, my one big requirement for a college was "away!" :lol:

It was a few years ago. They still build plans here, but that can change. The union isn't helping things either.

Lucky for Ford they snubbed Mullay for promotion.

WA is a bit odd. It is pretty left (at least Western WA), but there is a strong libertarian under current (real libertarians not neo cons in disguise).

Last edited: