Random Thoughts....

In regards to the watch...

Looks just like the one I have, except brushed silver. Works great, but you have to keep it out in the sun for a few days when you initially use it.

Ah, great. I think it's a really, really slick looking watch. Is the sapphire very scratch resistant? TBH I'm fairly clumsy and scratch things a lot.

What yucky weather. I don't mind the cold, but it's not even that cold, it's just murky and drizzly and horrible. Also, I have to go to the chemist to get my mum some painkillers meaning I have to go to the bogan central shopping centre which I absolutely hate with a passion. You see, she's on their computer system at that particular chemist in there, and not in the CBD where I usually go. :shudder: This also means I'll have to take my car into the same carpark where my mum's car has been hit twice.

Did I mention I HATE that shopping centre? Hate hate hate hate hate!!! :mad:

wait, there are non bogan areas in ballarat? hmm ACA has been lying to me all along

Anyone know anything about Citizen watches? Quality, how good their eco-drive solar tech is, etc?

Thinking of asking gf for one of these as 2-year present: http://www.amazon.com/Citizen-Eco-Drive-Stiletto-Ion-Plated-AR3015-53E/dp/B002BWPDE8

I've got an eco-drive that is 2.5 years old- still running perfectly, never run out of juice, etc. They charge under flourescent and halogen lights too so that definitely helps me keep it topped up. In full sunlight, the quoted charging time (run time of over 100 days on a full battery) is 10 minutes for mine. They are extremely hardy too- I've hit mine against brick walls and poles countless times and the face only has one tiny scratch on it. Love mine so much, it is a really great watch and quite stylish too :)

On another note, I'm liking skipping my legal tute way too much. Probably shouldn't make a habit of it.....

I've been wearing the same Citizen for about 8 years now but it's not an Eco-Drive. I take pretty good care of maintaining mine and I've never had any issues with it. The bracelet and clasp are strong and it keeps perfect time. The replaceable battery lasts for years even when I use the alarm a lot and when it's time to get the battery changed I got a guy I take it too who cleans it and inspects it and shit. Every few years I get him to replace the seals and that really helps to keep moisture out which keeps the internals in good shape. But if you took that kind of care with any watch it would probably last a long time and be trouble free too. As far as I know the Eco-Drive works pretty reliably. And yeah, the sapphire is pretty scratch resistant. Mine has a few scratches but I'm clumsy and I'm always doing the sorts of things that I should take my watch off for without taking my watch off. I'll be half way through changing my spark plugs, bang my watch and then think "Hmm, I should have really taken off my watch before I started". But I've smacked it into things really hard and thought "Ah jeez, that's gonna be ruined" and then when I look at it it's fine.

But yeah, my battery one has been pretty solid for nearly a decade now but I have to wonder how strong that black coating is on the one you're looking at. I hope it wouldn't scratch off and look shithouse within just a few years.

Last edited:
Citizen watches are the shit. Though I'm a Casio guy myself.

On other note: The ending of Blackadder goes forth is one of the saddest things I've ever seen.

On yet another note, My shitty biro finally ran out of ink, finally proving I'm responsible enough for a posh Parker.

I've got a citizen eco drive that I bought in the UK about 6 years ago and it's sitll going strong...

my other "clock" is accurate as long as I remember to wind it :p

DSC_0021.jpg

Yes, Citizen's are good watches. You won't impress people with money wearing one, but they aren't by any means a Casio level of watch.

And on the sapphire crystal, diamond ranks a 10 on the Mohs scale for hardness, sapphire ranks a 9. Basically, it's the best material you can get for a watch crystal short of finding a diamond big enough.

Sneezing with sore abdominal muscles is no fun.

Told my friend that I was feeling unwell.

Typical response? "Awww, well I hope you feel better soon".

Her response: "No you bitch, don't you dare get sick, all these bastards all getting sick. I'll kill you if you die"

Best

Response

Ever

How dirty are the contacts? Can you just use strong rubbing alcohol? That will break up most grease and grime on not so dirty small electrics. Evaporates quickly, won't short, etc.

I was cleaning the pots on an ancient pedal my cousin dug up for me, that he hadn't used in about 18 years (yeaaah :cool:), and it was scratchy as hell when I fired it up for the first time, so I opened it up and noticed a little corrosion on the contacts. I eventually did find a contact cleaner and lubricant, so I worked it's magic and it's had a positive affect on my progress :D

On a couple of sidenotes:

1. Burning the midnight oil sucks when you were told at 11:55 that you have unexpected clients to see at 6 in the morning. Prep work is lame.

2. I saw a 17-18 year old girl (she couldn't have been much older, her look and demeanour spoke for themselves) driving an R35 Skyline GTR by herself, which really annoyed the hell out of me for two reasons. One, because her parents in Hong Kong probably gifted it to her for her birthday, and two, because she drove like a complete idiot (and slowly), almost colliding into 3 cars, in the span of about 20-25 seconds. I noticed more than one pedestrian looking at her and shaking their heads. Ugh. Weaksauce

Anyyyyways... I was supposed to go golfing tomorrow in the late afternoon but it's not going to happen now. Lame week for my boss to take off.

So, my car survived the bogan carpark of doom unscathed. Phew!

Completely unrelated to that, there is now a dryer in the back of it. Long story, in quick summary: The place we thought still did deliveries of their white goods now out-sources them to some courier company and you have to pay them $40 to do so, completely negating the savings you get from purchasing the very limited no. of these basic dryers within a certain time-frame ie: today. It is exactly what my grandmother needs to replace her ye-ancient one that decided to smell of burning and is now scrap metal somewhere. There were only 7 left, meaning we had to get the thing...immediately, just when my mum's back is f'ed up and we had to come flying back home because someone from her work was coming around to our place to give her some important stuff she'll need next week. Luckily my brother and I together should be able to offload it and set it up around at our grandmother's place tonight.

What a mucked up day - this happens a lot, though, you think I'd be used to it by now! :?

Last edited:
Yes, Citizen's are good watches. You won't impress people with money wearing one, but they aren't by any means a Casio level of watch.

And on the sapphire crystal, diamond ranks a 10 on the Mohs scale for hardness, sapphire ranks a 9. Basically, it's the best material you can get for a watch crystal short of finding a diamond big enough.

I'm not looking to impress anyone but myself : ).

And that's fantastic. I'll have to look into getting one.

So I'm going to Denver for two weeks with my family for vacation, and I want to visit my friend in Phoenix while I'm out there. I'm thinking of buying a ratty old Japanese motorcycle and riding all the way out there, 14 hours by highway or 2+ days the way I plan to do it.

Irrational? Maybe. Should I be concerned that this is the only logical form of transportation that springs to my mind?

So I'm going to Denver for two weeks with my family for vacation, and I want to visit my friend in Phoenix while I'm out there. I'm thinking of buying a ratty old Japanese motorcycle and riding all the way out there, 14 hours by highway or 2+ days the way I plan to do it.

Irrational? Maybe. Should I be concerned that this is the only logical form of transportation that springs to my mind?

You should celebrate your awesomeness and ride with pride!!
Just make sure you get a bike that works... :D

I finally got Borderlands. I'm crap at this game solo. And I've also managed to hurt my neck today, and I didn't even do anything. o_O