Random Thoughts....

I'm going to start when I get out of work at 6 today.

Everything_went_better_than_expected.png

I'm staying back at my parents house for Christmas and it is really weird, I feel like a guest that just happens to know where everything is.

Probably doesn't help that I walked into, what once was, my room out of habit and found it now houses some bookshelves a sewing machine and a loom. :blink:

Probably doesn't help that I walked into, what once was, my room out of habit and found it now houses some bookshelves a sewing machine and a loom. :blink:

You've been put to work :p

I'm giving sister's kids iTunes gift cards for christmas. They are being wrapped in pop cases filled with pages of a Cabela's catalog that was sent to my house.

You can delete them. You can password-protect them if you treat the URL as the password :tease:
You can? fuck I guess it hates me then <_<
use dropbox, it has public links for certain folders that you can get from explorer itself, and iirc there's albums with passwords?
I used dropbox briefly for a class, so I may try that.

ohnoes, i have started twitterering D:

at least im not on facebook
I have considered twitter because it would be like IMing lots of people which I kind of do anyway
One of our friend's parents won't let him come out with us tonight. He's 23.

:|

Naturally, he's Indian, lives at home, applying to med school, socially awkward, and really into computers.

My mom probably wouldn't let me either and I'm 21 <_<

edit: nevermind HA tricked photbucket, if I use firefox plugin I can log in.

Last edited:
As someone who doesn't celebrate Christmas and views it as an outsider I gotta say, this holiday has been totally bastardized. I know it's the cool cliche to lament how Christmas has become commercialized and all about materialistic gift-giving, but seriously, that seems like the only point of Christmas at this point.

I went down to Orange County today, a fair bit of a drive. And it was so pathetic how every shopping center I approached on the 405 had thousands of desperate people waiting in insane gridlocks to get in and frantically buy their gifts. You'd pass one shopping mall and the pace would pick up until the vicinity of the next shopping mall where everyone slowed to a crawl.

I mean, why do this? I actually just heard an ad on TV for the local news saying they were going to do a piece on dealing with holiday stress! Come on! :rolleyes:

I don't really give my people enough credit, but I gotta hand it to Iranians because our holiday equivalent, the Persian new year celebrations in March, is without any of this hassle or stress or this procrastination that almost seems a cornerstone of Christmas. And it's not because we don't give gifts, gifts are a huge part of it for those who can afford them.

Really, I don't mean to sound like the Grinch, but come on people. Buy some gifts for the young ones, and without procrastinating until the last weed/day/hour, and then just get together with your loved ones for a good meal. It's simple, and you don't need tips on dealing with holiday stress. Holiday and stress seem like the oddest pairing of words, yet there's even various Hollywood movies dealing with this exact topic.

Shit, I should have paid my brother in Madtown a visit just to attend this!

A Wisconsin restaurant is planning a Seinfeld-inspired Festivus fundraiser tonight.

Quaker Steak and Lube in Middleton, located just outside of Madison, is celebrating the fake holiday made famous in a 1997 "Seinfeld" episode.

Just like those who recognize the fake holiday in the show, participants at the fundraiser will air grievances, perform feats of strength and congregate around the Festivus pole. Anyone who can defeat the restaurants chicken mascot in an arm wrestling feat of strength will win a 7-foot stainless steel Festivus pole.

Festivus seems to have taken hold for many in Wisconsin. Gov. Jim Doyle erected a Festivus pole in the governor's mansion in 2005.

Participants in the fundraiser are asked to bring a non-perishable food item to donate to the local food pantry.

http://www.fox11online.com/dpp/news/restaurant-holding-fundraiser-based-on-festivus-holiday-made-popular-by-seinfeld

One of our friend's parents won't let him come out with us tonight. He's 23.

:|

Naturally, he's Indian, lives at home, applying to med school, socially awkward, and really into computers.

That's just sad.

And pathetic.

As someone who doesn't celebrate Christmas and views it as an outsider I gotta say, this holiday has been totally bastardized. I know it's the cool cliche to lament how Christmas has become commercialized and all about materialistic gift-giving, but seriously, that seems like the only point of Christmas at this point.

I went down to Orange County today, a fair bit of a drive. And it was so pathetic how every shopping center I approached on the 405 had thousands of desperate people waiting in insane gridlocks to get in and frantically buy their gifts. You'd pass one shopping mall and the pace would pick up until the vicinity of the next shopping mall where everyone slowed to a crawl.

I mean, why do this? I actually just heard an ad on TV for the local news saying they were going to do a piece on dealing with holiday stress! Come on! :rolleyes:

I don't really give my people enough credit, but I gotta hand it to Iranians because our holiday equivalent, the Persian new year celebrations in March, is without any of this hassle or stress or this procrastination that almost seems a cornerstone of Christmas. And it's not because we don't give gifts, gifts are a huge part of it for those who can afford them.

Really, I don't mean to sound like the Grinch, but come on people. Buy some gifts for the young ones, and without procrastinating until the last weed/day/hour, and then just get together with your loved ones for a good meal. It's simple, and you don't need tips on dealing with holiday stress. Holiday and stress seem like the oddest pairing of words, yet there's even various Hollywood movies dealing with this exact topic.

This of it as an annual stimulus package for the economy :lol: