Random Thoughts....

Crazy weather stat time...1.5 hours north east of my location is a place called Grand Lake O' the Cherokees. 2 days ago the temperature there was an Oklahoma record -31?F (-35?C) this Sunday the forecast high is 72?F (22?C) basically a 103?F (57?C) difference in temperature in less than 1 week. They have also had 50 inches of snow over the last 2 weeks. Blows my mind.

Where was this measured, Grove?

So. I somehow managed to get a halfday at work today (apparently because I was working so hard. No idea where they got that from :p Everyone else in my area were finishing up early too, so I guess that was it).

I ended up heading into town with my brother to sort out the flights to England next week for my uncle's funeral. We were getting on ok-ish. We rang up my Dad to check one little thing, and he started quizzing us on every fucking thing.

Are we sure we want to go? Why do we want to go? It will be expensive, it will be this it will be that. It won't exactly be a fun weekend.

Basically he was deliberately being a patronising prick, trying to put us off going. (We didn't really know our uncle too well. We want to go though. To pay our respects to the family, to support Mum and my aunts/uncle, and just to see him off, basically).

He then started fucking babying us through the booking form, and it ended up taking twice as long. In the end I just handed the phone to my brother cos I couldn't talk to him anymore.

As your countrymen, the great Oscar Wilde said, "God gave us our relations, thank heaven we can choose our friends."

:hug:

As your countrymen, the great Oscar Wilde said, "God gave us our relations, thank heaven we can choose our friends."

:hug:

I don't think he was doing it to deliberately upset us or anything. I think he just didn't want us to feel like we were being roped into it (or indeed, guilted/emotionally blackmailed into it). It's just he's not exactly the most sensitive person you'd ever meet.

Also, I didn't realise Oscar Wilde was more than one person :p

In TV and movies everyone is able to get knocked out by a bitch slap... if the real world was like that the streets would be littered with unconscious people whenever it rains.

Thank you for your interest in our program. We have completed our review of your application for admission to the graduate program at the University of New Mexico Department of Physics & Astronomy. We're sorry to have to tell you that we are unable to offer you admission at this time.

:(

Oh dude, I'm sorry. :(

That sucks :hug: :love:

Karoug apparently likes everything as I just got 4 likes in my message box and look there's one on your post now :lol:

Yes! I am taking the like button very seriosly! If i like a post i shall also "like" it!!

Also, there really should be a lick-button!

Last edited:
In TV and movies everyone is able to get knocked out by a bitch slap... if the real world was like that the streets would be littered with unconscious people whenever it rains.

And then people wake up from several hours of unconsciousness with no signs of trauma. (They are also usually tied up at this point, and are woken up by a tap on the cheek, or a bucket of water)

I'm really craving Burger King right now. Don't judge me.

I don't. Burger King burgers are lovely. *Is now craving Supermacs*

So sorry, LP. Getting a no can be really disheartening. And you know what they say...

shit mate, really sorry to read that and especially since i knew you really had put a lot of heart into it. obviously though you gave it your best shot, i'm sure its their loss and they've just not realised it yet. All the best in whatever path you wish to follow next.

YES! You have no idea how happy this makes me.
1151219073.png

We are free from the suffering!

Congrats, I wish my school internet was half as good:

...holy shit...I guess they fixed it and I just never noticed:

:cool:

Thanks man, it's aight. Waiting on the other ones, UNM wasn't really on the very top.

Maybe they refused you because you looked too good for their program and they did not a list full of people who only applied to have a fallback.

Waiting on the other ones, UNM wasn't really on the very top.

That stinks! At least you applied to more than just that school. I've actually known people who didn't apply to safety schools. Worst. Decision. Ever.

Good luck, I know a school will accept you, you seem like a smart guy! :p