Russia and Ukraine

The ban from swift should have happened by now.

Ok, after years of warnings were ignored and hearing "Garry, you were right!" all damn day today, I'll repeat what I said in 2014: Stop telling me I was right and listen to what I'm saying now. My recommendations follow: 1/5

-Support Ukraine militarily, immediately, everything but boots on the ground. All weapons, intel, cyber. -Bankrupt Putin's war machine. Freeze & seize Russia's finances & those of him and his gang. -Kick Russia out of every intl & financial institution. PACE, Interpol, etc 2/5 -Recall all ambassadors from Russia. There is no point in talking. The new unified message is "stop or be isolated completely". -Ban all elements of Putin's global propaganda machine. Turn them off, shut them down, send them home. Stop helping the dictator spread lies & hate. 3/5 -Expose and act against Putin's lackeys in the free world. If Schröder and his ilk continue to work for Putin, bring charges. Ask the owners & advertisers of networks platforming Putin propagandists like Carlson why they allow it. 4/5 -Replace Russian oil & gas. Pressure OPEC, increase production, reopen Keystone. You can't save the planet if you don't save the people on it. -Acknowledge there will be costs, sacrifices. We waited to long, the price is high, but it will only get higher. It's time to fight. 5/5

The ban from swift should have happened by now.

I’m not sure what it would accomplish. Putin and his inner circles of supporters and friends are guaranteed to have their money in places where it wouldn’t be affected. Never forget that they are archetypal kleptocrats who take excellent care of their ill-gotten gains.

Even Putin’s yacht was abruptly moved out of the German yard that was working on it just before the SHTF, so they’re certainly paying attention to these things.

To hit them where it hurts, our governments could start seizing assets that cannot be moved as easily as money. But there’s no political will for that (yet).

Last edited:
I’m not sure what it would accomplish. Putin and his inner circles of supporters and friends are guaranteed to have their money in places where it wouldn’t be affected. Never forget that they are archetypal kleptocrats who take excellent care of their ill-gotten gains.

Even Putin’s yacht was abruptly moved out of the German yard that was working on it just before the SHTF, so they’re certainly paying attention to these things.

To hit them where it hurts, our governments could start seizing assets that cannot be moved as easily as money. But there’s no political will for that (yet).

Still some yachts available:

Would one really want to burden oneself with Chernobyl? Before news of Russia marching to Kiev came on, I was with you on "cutting Ukraine off the black sea". Now, I'm leaning more to "not making any territorial gains, but installing a Belarus-style puppet government. But tbh, the last day was super weird in terms of what any sane person had predicted.

Are the other reactors still the RMBK type? Maybe they want to prevent Ukraine from blowing those up as a final self-destruct type of move.

Maybe they want to prevent Ukraine from blowing those up as a final self-destruct type of move.

What exactly have you been smoking? The Putin regime has made very clear how much it values the lives of those who do not celebrate and support it. The Ukrainians on the other hand are fighting for their lives, livelihoods and country.

Which one, do you think, might be at all inclined to mess with the radioactive substances in Ukraine?

Still some yachts available:

Seize or sink them… I hope that somebody will have the courage to do either. The same for real estate owned by the oligarchs; it would obviously take a while to find out what belongs to whom (i.e. which Russian “businessman”’s second cousin twice removed was suddenly able to afford a $60,000,000 penthouse in NYC), but it’s possible and should be on the cards.

Interesting sidenote - several community management teams on LinkedIn report that the pages they are responsible for are getting flooded by pro-Russian troll comments at such a pace they exceeded Facebook's 10.000 posts per day deletion limit.

Interesting sidenote - several community management teams on LinkedIn report that the pages they are responsible for are getting flooded by pro-Russian troll comments at such a pace they exceeded Facebook's 10.000 posts per day deletion limit.

Isn't it nice that the Americans themselves are providing these effective (and efficient) propaganda tools to the Putin regime?

Good to hear and all that, but would you mind providing sources?
I would be interested in the source also. Particularly, I hope that they were able give out more than 10K rifles. That number looks really low to my American eyes. My state alone has around 300K(not including the unregistered or illegal) weapons, by comparison. That is "if" Ukraine truly intends to fight this war.

On a temporary good note, a friend of mine has managed to evacuate Kiev and get to a village that is about 100 km to the West.

Last edited:

Interesting to see what happens now since Putin blocked Facebook......do the bots still work?

That number looks really low to my American eyes. My state alone has around 300K(not including the unregistered or illegal) weapons, by comparison.
The USA is the exception rather than the rule, that's as many firearms in civilian hands as a third of the Russian army...

What exactly have you been smoking? The Putin regime has made very clear how much it values the lives of those who do not celebrate and support it. The Ukrainians on the other hand are fighting for their lives, livelihoods and country.

Which one, do you think, might be at all inclined to mess with the radioactive substances in Ukraine?
Which side do you think it's likely to lose this war? As a last resort, I think it's not out of the question that Ukraine would have a plan to blow up the reactors to basically deny Russia use of the land by making it unusable. I agree that Russia wouldn't care about the Ukrainian people, but they care about making sure the land they conquer is not radioactive.

The USA is the exception rather than the rule, that's as many firearms in civilian hands as a third of the Russian army...
Yep, I get that the US is an exception but, from what I understand, the Russian military has around 900K(as you alluded to) active personnel whereas Ukraine has around 361K. I'm not sure if that Ukraine number takes the conscription into account or not. Either way, the 10K rifles given out seems low to me. Once again, that is "if" Ukraine intends to fight.

Which side do you think it's likely to lose this war? As a last resort, I think it's not out of the question that Ukraine would have a plan to blow up the reactors to basically deny Russia use of the land by making it unusable. I agree that Russia wouldn't care about the Ukrainian people, but they care about making sure the land they conquer is not radioactive.
I'm thinking it's because the plant is the largest power producer in the region.

So, speaking about balls.

View: https://www.reddit.com/r/nextfuckinglevel/comments/t19t5g/ukrainian_soldiers_powerful_message_to_russia/

View: https://www.reddit.com/r/nextfuckinglevel/comments/t19pmm/ukraines_president_zelensky_is_still_in_kyiv_and/

Meanwhile, reports vary but Russia seems to have lost between 2000 and 3000 troops today alone, and a ton of material.
Of course, this being Kyiv report, it is to be taken with a good propaganda filter, but the videos and pics of fucked up Russians are out there.

It comes as new totals by Kyiv's defence ministry put President Vladimir Putin's losses at 2,800 troops, 80 tanks, 516 armoured vehicles, 10 airplanes and seven helicopters.

The motivational machine in Ukraine is running strong:

Apparantly, for the first time since WWII, a fighter ace has been crowned. A guy just being referred to "The ghost of Kyiv" managed 6 airplane kills in a MIG-29 today. Again, might be myth.

They have their own Tianmen (sorry winnie the pooh it happened) guy now as well:

While Germany sent 5000 helmets, Austria sent FFP2 masks, Poland sent a convoy of ammunition and anti air rockets.

Meanwhile, the angry Gremlin in the Kremlin threatens Sweden and Finland

Can someone finally put-in out of his misery?