Season 7 ideas/discussion

Season 7 ideas/discussion

• TBO - XRT, RB4, FXO

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I was thinking of doing an autocross season, where each of us creates our own autocross layout, then it is loaded onto the FinalGear server for the rest of us to try and set the best time. To make it fair, the course's creator can't earn points on his own course, but can race on it (for fun), and should let everyone know of his recommended choice in car.

Also, I had the idea of a season where the cars to be driven were chosen at random for each race. For example, at Aston, we race RB4's; at Fern Park, the MRT5.

Those, or a GTR series...

I voted for LX6, RAC, FZ, but what I'd really like is some FOX racing. I just think open wheel is so much better, but, then, LX6 is a long way better than the mushy cars we're driving in Season 6.

What's wrong with this seasons cars? Mushy??? :?

If you can't handle TBO how do you expect to drive LRF? If anything what you described is perfect match for the LX6 with the incredibly low tire pressure setups.

FOX racing... I'd say forget about that, we did it once, and I don't think there are many volunteers for another one.

TG Man autocross was an idea, to run it parallel to the regular races, but somehow I don't think many of us have the time for it now. And substituting the regular races with individual timed runs is no good.

Riiight, since it's 5 to 5 and I don't expect other votes (seems like most regulars already did), how about a mixed season like now?

Else we wait a bit more...

Oh, snap! I total forgot what the last category of cars actually were. I would actually be fine with the first or the last category, just not the middle one.

EDIT: Dang, OK, I want to change my vote to XRR/FXR/FZR :(

EDIT 2: Yeah, mixed season sounds good :)

Last edited:
In that case it would be LRF 4 vs GTR 6 votes.

I still think it's a close call, even though I myself prefer GTRs, so again I'm asking if a mixed season is preferred, or if we should go by the poll results and race GTRs the entire season? LRF people make up your mind, are you fine with GTRs or would like to see some LRF action too?

I would really really like at least one or two lrf races. Just for the sake of changing the routine if nothing else.

I am fine with either.

Ok. I'll make something like this then. Season from mid January till end March, 10 races, GTRs mainly, with 2-3 special LRF rounds in between.

The schedule for next season. Any objections or thoughts?

https://pic.armedcats.net/2007/11/24/Season7Schedule.jpg

I want to bring the wind discussion back. So far I didn't have a lot of problems with it, but this weekend it really got on my nerves.

[rant]
I'm a slow learner, but I looked up for today's race because I quite like the combo. I even practiced for a while at the morning :)
First race I fucked by my own mistake on lap 7, and spent the rest 29 laps searching for a good rythm to keep those R2's temperatures low. Second race, pole, and it all goes wrong because wind is complitely the opposite. Took me a good half of the race to get back on pace...

Wind was something like 60km/h! That's not far from storm. I know we want an unpredictable element or realism, but that's too much imho. It radically affects braking points and with gtr's cornering speeds as well. Is the gain really this big? Or it's just a gimmick like the weather changes to make it less boring.
[/rant]

So yeah. I vote for no wind, or at least no high wind.

^-- I agree.

On high the wind is crazy. It's not close to a storm, it is a storm.
I say we should stick to no/low wind.

On high the wind is crazy. It's not close to a storm, it is a storm.
I say we should stick to no/low wind.
I'd be OK with wind if LFS could actually show, visually, that there is wind: swaying grass and trees, a few leaves blowing across the track here and there, flags waving around, etc.

the flags do wave in LFS, so does the trees.

for instance, this past race, starting on the back stretch, when you look to the right, you see some flags. you can then determine the direction of the wind.

High wind is quite unpredictable unless we are driving in a hurricane although it usually takes me 5 to 6 laps to figure out the right line.

So no high wind.

the flags do wave in LFS, so does the trees.

for instance, this past race, starting on the back stretch, when you look to the right, you see some flags. you can then determine the direction of the wind.
Um....oh :p

Hey, so, I'm starting to practice now so I might have a chance of being better than dead last every single race. What sort of lap times should I be aiming for in the first race? (as in: Firefox, what lap times are you getting? :rolleyes: )