[So] My RX8 needs a new engine... in the mean time

Whappeh

Car(s)
05 Nissan Xterra 4x4
Yeah... my RX8 had its engine blown. I'm waiting for a new one from Japan. In the mean time, they gave me a V6 Mustang.

Top Gear has never been more correct about a car.

Top Gear never reviewed a V6 Mustang...

The mustang in general, come on now. Lets not split hairs. We know Hammond drove the V8 down that road with the one corner...

Top Gear never reviewed a V6 Mustang...

Unless you count the "V8" in The Clarkson American Special.

The V6s are just for those who want the look, the V8 manuals are completely different beasts.

Yeah... my RX8 had its engine blown. I'm waiting for a new one from Japan.

You actually meant to say:
https://pic.armedcats.net/2008/01/02/chadlindberg.jpg
"I'm gettin the parts from JAH-pan."

well played to everyone in this thread.

<-- defeated.

(Its all true though... damn rotary... I just love it too much to hate)

so what happened?

That's the problem with living your life one quarter mile at a time. For those 10 seconds or less, he's free (but apparently a new engine isn't)

(sorry guy, I love the RX-8 as a car, so much fun to drive, but I can't help adding my own reference)

I guess the old saying is true... you aint in control unless you outta control

He fried the piston rings. Granny shifting; not double clutching like he should...

:( to be honest, I've just been driving like a bitch lately. I got rear ended, and ever since then I've been a little scaredy cat unless the roads are totally empty.

When I get it back I need to man up.

so how did you blow up the engine already?

:( to be honest, I've just been driving like a bitch lately. I got rear ended, and ever since then I've been a little scaredy cat unless the roads are totally empty.

When I get it back I need to man up.

And that is exactly why your engine is blown. You need to bounce that bitch off the rev limiter at least daily to keep the carbon deposits at a minimum. This is why Wankel racing engines last forever, because they're flogged mercilessly.

P.S. Why are you ordering an engine from Japan when $2,000 will get you a very, very nice rebuild from MazMart?

Because its under warranty, and I don't have the cash to throw at having a new engine built.

Because its under warranty, and I don't have the cash to throw at having a new engine built.

Ah, carry on then. As long as you're under 60k, you're golden.

It's interesting that the RENESIS that survive 60,000miles seem to live a long life, with most failures occuring before that point.

I'm still a little fuzzy on how exactly you blew the engine on an RX8. I've had my dad's up to the rev limiter many-a-time and never had a problem.

Yeah. I adore the car, I just need to get my driving better. As I said, I've been a huge bitch in the drivers seat... which isn't good for the car. (It also doesn't help that I travel a lot and the car sits for atleast 5 days straight a month, if not more).

I'm still a little fuzzy on how exactly you blew the engine on an RX8. I've had my dad's up to the rev limiter many-a-time and never had a problem.

I don't know. In fact, I wasn't the last person to start the car, the mazda tech was... I had it towed to Mazda. I was sitting outside and he was trying to jump the battery again... went to start it and it made a very loud noise. Didn't think anything of it. Went home when my girlfriend showed up. About 2 hours later they called and said "Uh, yeah... we may need to get you a new engine..."