Stupid Driver Stories

Today I was on the freeway, with the traffic moving along nicely at ~75 mph.

Except for my lane. I was stuck behind an old man in a brand-new looking Lexus, bumbling along at ~60 mph. With his brake lights lit. When I was finally able to pass him, he was staring blankly ahead, looking pretty oblivious to anything behind him.

That middle pedal. It is not a footrest!

Today I was on the freeway, with the traffic moving along nicely at ~75 mph.

Except for my lane. I was stuck behind an old man in a brand-new looking Lexus, bumbling along at ~60 mph. With his brake lights lit. When I was finally able to pass him, he was staring blankly ahead, looking pretty oblivious to anything behind him.

That middle pedal. It is not a footrest!
Speaking of old people.... So I'm getting off the bridge and onto the highway to go home, you have to drive through regular streets for a couple of blocks and the bridget approach is a 2 lane left turn that goes into a 2 lane that then becomes a one lane and enters the highway. So I'm in the right most lane behind a dude in a lac who is halfway out already and the light is red, left turn signal turns on he takes some time then proceeds at 10MPH, w/o accelerating... So I figure fuck this go around the dude, mind you I just get into the right lane (STFU Europeans its OK here) and then merge like 2 car lengths in front of him. Of course its some old dumbass and his wife is doing this sarcastic applauding and pointing at me.....

Another one, 2 lanes in each direction local street. Dude in a minivan can't seem to decide which lane to be in like 1/3 into one lane and 2/3 into another and going slow. Then he decides to start driving aggressively.....

Double post for new stuff :)

Ok so did I miss a memo or something? Today I saw 2 different people 2 different cars 2 completely different roads do the same stupid thing which is make a left on red. And I don't mean the whole "I'm halfway out in the intersection and going to go as soon as it goes orange/red" I'm talking standing at a traffic light that is red then deciding to just make a left.... Second person was BEHIND me in a left turn lane (no left turn signal on the traffic light) decided that waiting at a red is for losers went into the opposite lane and made a left but not before giving me the evil eye for standing there in her way....

Now, I stopped at a crossing right before a small roundabout in a very, very crowded area. I sit there waiting for the endless queue of pedestrians to cross. Since I have to take the first right at the roundabout (aka, turn right, since it is really small), I am in the rightmost part of the lane, and I already have my right indicator on.

The crossing is located 10 meters from the roundabout, and the pedestrian queue lasts for something like 15-20 seconds (actual time), then I move on, keeping the right of the lane.

Well, in this fantastic situation, a bycicle pass me on the right then enters the roundabout and goes left.

Last edited:
This morning I was at this intersection:

https://pic.armedcats.net/b/bl/blind_io/2011/08/17/Capture.PNG

My position is marked with yellow. As I approached the light a commuter train approached, triggering the crossing gates and turning all the lights red. I rolled up to the red and stopped. A Camry pulled up in the turn lane to my left, stopped, waited, and then floored it through the red light in a left turn (marked in green). The second car moved forward, when the light turned green, he floored it and made his turn in front of the cars approaching from the train crossing side instead of waiting for them to pass.

Two counts of idiocy in under a minute at the same turn lane.

My position is marked with yellow. As I approached the light a commuter train approached, triggering the crossing gates and turning all the lights red. I rolled up to the red and stopped. A Camry pulled up in the turn lane to my left, stopped, waited, and then floored it through the red light in a left turn (marked in green). The second car moved forward, when the light turned green, he floored it and made his turn in front of the cars approaching from the train crossing side instead of waiting for them to pass.

Two counts of idiocy in under a minute at the same turn lane.

so pressing the throttle is a sign of idiocy now? i agree on the frist one, you don't run red lights. but if you can make a turn before all grannies finally stopped yawning and saw that the lights had turned green again, go for it! let them keep up traffic all they want, at least you're through!

Everyone started moving at the same time, the car making the second left turn did so directly in front of moving traffic. The oncoming lane wasn't sitting there stopped at a green light, he was already moving and had to hit the brakes to avoid a collision. That makes it a dumbass move.

so pressing the throttle is a sign of idiocy now? i agree on the frist one, you don't run red lights. but if you can make a turn before all grannies finally stopped yawning and saw that the lights had turned green again, go for it! let them keep up traffic all they want, at least you're through!

I've had at least a dozen times where this has almost resulted in a head-on collision, most often I've had to slam my brakes because of the idiot doing this maneuver. So yeah, it's stupid and a dick move. It's just as bad as people who cut across opposing lanes when making a left hand turn, especially when there's a car in said lanes.

I've had at least a dozen times where this has almost resulted in a head-on collision, most often I've had to slam my brakes because of the idiot doing this maneuver. So yeah, it's stupid and a dick move. It's just as bad as people who cut across opposing lanes when making a left hand turn, especially when there's a car in said lanes.
Yep, I agree. Plenty of people take off at the lights with decent speed, I've had to brake for countless idiots who think their POS 1.4l Yaris can out accell a turbo A4 when they set off at the same time.... Rule is, if I have the right of way and I had to brake you done fucked up.

Let me quess, you are one of those typical 'sporty' drivers that sees lots of accidents happening in your rearview mirror?

You know I can't remember the last time I have seen a post from you that didn't make you look like an ignorant, narrowminded chav....If that is how you like people to see you it's working perfectly.

I have had that happen before on a divided roadway. As I approached we both started to slow down until we were nose to nose and stopped. I just sat there looking eye-to-eye with the other driver, tapping my steering wheel and looking annoyed for a moment, then I just held up one finger and dramatically lowered it to the horn. As soon as she started to back up (presumably to get back to the intersection a half-block away to get on the proper side of the road) I pulled forward, never more than a foot from her front bumper, holding the horn the entire time. People were coming out onto their apartment balconies to stare at this idiot woman who drove the wrong way down the road.

We just drove like that, nose to nose, horn blaring for half a block. By the time we got to the intersection there were probably 60 people watching her.

Yeah, I'm an asshole (can't wait to do this with the X's new horn).

I have had that happen before on a divided roadway. As I approached we both started to slow down until we were nose to nose and stopped. I just sat there looking eye-to-eye with the other driver, tapping my steering wheel and looking annoyed for a moment, then I just held up one finger and dramatically lowered it to the horn. As soon as she started to back up (presumably to get back to the intersection a half-block away to get on the proper side of the road) I pulled forward, never more than a foot from her front bumper, holding the horn the entire time. People were coming out onto their apartment balconies to stare at this idiot woman who drove the wrong way down the road.

We just drove like that, nose to nose, horn blaring for half a block. By the time we got to the intersection there were probably 60 people watching her.

Yeah, I'm an asshole (can't wait to do this with the X's new horn).

I didn't even notice what was happening at first, I had just turned onto the road and at a distance it looked like he was on the proper side, overtaking a parked car or something. I naturally drifted right and only as he got closer noticed he was on the wrong side, luckily no longer on a collision course.

On the subject of driving the wrong way, some damn idiot tried to drive the wrong way down a row of parking places in a parking lot with one way only parking rows in my school parking lot this morning.

yeah, you guessed it, it was me :hammer:
My defence: I was desperate to find a spot and already about five minutes late for class, and I just didn't see the arrow. And to make things worse... three more cars followed me in, so when someone drove in going the right way, I had to wait for all of them to realize my mistake and their own and back out themselves before I could finally back out. I got to be the lead moron! :lol: Luckily for me, the guy doing it right didn't get annoyed (even though he had every right to) and kept his patience. He might not have even realized it was a one way only lot himself.

I love NYC cabbies... One of them tried to beat me from red light to a highway on-ramp (I was in the proper lane to get on he wasn't) in a Camry hybrid..... Funnier thing is that I was behind another cab getting on and the dude in the hybrid was flashing lights at me on the on ramp to go faster... It's like well use your radio to tell the guy in front of me to speed up then MAYBE I'll accelerate....

This is so normal that its almost not even worth considering... On the FDR drive there is a lane that goes to Brooklyn Bridge, bridges are free so as you can imagine there is usually a decent amount of people interested in getting on. Now it's fairly normal to have a bunch of douche bags fly up in the middle lane and push their way through at the last second to get ahead of the queue of cars, that's a dick move but one that doesn't hold up traffic much and really if you let them in you are a dumbass. However there are a shitload of witless morons who will decide that they need to get into the right lane (which is damn near stationary) and STOP in the middle lane with their blinker on trying to get in, which of course stops traffic that DOESN'T want to get on the bridge.....

One of the dicks tried to muscle in in front of me, obviously didn't work out the funniest thing however was the fact that he gave me the most annoyed evil look in the world.....

i once had a small crash on a highway parking. some trucked thought they are one way only (it wasn't, because there was also a hotel there), and didn't want to move to his side of the road, so while looking in eachoter eyes, trying to make the other bulge and move over, we had a head-on collision each doing about 20 km/h...

yep, he (his boss?) paid for the damage :cool: