Stupid Driver Stories

On a similar note, I have a stupid pedestrian story from yesterday. I was waiting in traffic at a red light, when this woman comes walking through the cars, and walks right in front of me. (I was nowhere near a crosswalk, so she's pretty high on the idiot scale already) She then walks to the passenger side of my car and bends down in the street. (She's lower than the beltline of my car at this point, very low and completely impossible to see in the traffic) God only knows what the hell she was doing... it looked like she was picking something up. After that she stood up and walked back in front of my car, and at that point the light turned green and traffic started moving. She just froze, standing there and grinning like the idiot she was. I figure all that could have been going through her mind at that point was HURRRR SOZ I R A MORON... DERP DERP DERP!!! I honked at her and the look on her face just went blank, and she ran across traffic to the median strip. (which was across 3 lanes of traffic... opposed to the sidewalk... which was just across my lane...)

I wasn't even in San Francisco or anywhere you'd expect something like that either. Now I'm seriously conisdering getting a dashcam like lip. The change in the look on her face when I honked at her was priceless.

i was driving close to sydney the other day, and not to sound raciest, but this asian woman in a golf was sitting way too close. every time i moved forward she kept the same gap.

i looked at her in the side mirror, shook my head and mouthed think about what your doing while pointing to my head.

what followed was the funniest thing ive ever seen.

she stuck her finger up at me. this tiny tiny bony finger. i couldn't stop laughing for a few mins

On the weekend I was out on my scooter, coming up a street that leads onto mine (doing little loops of my area to get my confidence up, doing turns etc). Big mum-mobile parked on the side of the road outside one of the many richer people's houses, with mum and kids just about finished getting in the car. Thank god I am a cautious rider (if not the best rider yet!), because I started covering my brakes just as she pulls out from the side of the road (literally a scooter length in front of me) with no indicator or anything. If I hadn't been setting up the brakes before she pulled out I would have been a goner. Best thing was, as I was stopped right behind her, counting my lucky stars, she slows down, puts her head and hand out the window, smiles at me and courtesy waves- definitely not in an "Oops! I am so sorry way!!!!" (the smarmy smile ruled that one out), but more in a "thanks for letting me in!" way (I did not drop below the speed limit until i slammed on the brakes.

I did what every right-thinking person would do in that situation. Left thumb on horn, left fingers holding me in place on the brakes and right middle finger squarely pointed at her. She got the message and drove away pretty briskly.

Today, again a big Lorry headed towards a much too low bridge here in town (we have 3 of those with railways on them), ignoring the (estimated) 20 signs on the way up to that bridge warning him of the low bridge ahead ...
Thankfully he then noticed it when right before it ... but of course blocking one of the mayor roads in town in the progress. He then had to reverse into a sidestreet ... with everyone behind him having to back off as well ... took him about 10minutes and caused the entire traffic in town to collapse.
Maybe I should mention this happend during morning rush-hour ... it happens maybe once a week, but mostly not during rush-hour ... and it?s the reason why I usally don?t take that route to work ... usually. And from today on again ... definetly.

here is a nice pic of one lorry from last year that didn?t realize at all he was heading for the same bridge ... untill he had already wrecked his truck.
http://img412.imageshack.**/img412/5452/lkwwaf.jpg

Last edited:
Today, again a big Lorry headed towards a much too low bridge here in town (we have 3 of those with railways on them), ignoring the (estimated) 20 signs on the way up to that bridge warning him of the low bridge ahead ...
Thankfully he then noticed it when right before it ... but of course blocking one of the mayor roads in town in the progress. He then had to reverse into a sidestreet ... with everyone behind him having to back off as well ... took him about 10minutes and caused the entire traffic in town to collapse.
Maybe I should mention this happend during morning rush-hour ... it happens maybe once a week, but mostly not during rush-hour ... and it?s the reason why I usally don?t take that route to work ... usually. And from today on again ... definetly.

here is a nice pic of one lorry from last year that didn?t realize at all he was heading for the same bridge ... untill he had already wrecked his truck.
http://img412.imageshack.**/img412/5452/lkwwaf.jpg

Conclusion : your bridges were built to low and your town has a crappy layout since one blocked road can disable it :p

Well, today a truck brought down a pedestrian bridge over the Autobahn A2 here in Germany:

image-131624-galleryV9-jjiw.jpg

image-131615-galleryV9-lqwq.jpg

image-131607-galleryV9-njad.jpg

Obviously the driver of a dump truck didn't realize that the cargo area of his truck was lifted up, before he crashed into the bridge and pulled it down. Currently it's unclear, if it was a technical problem or driver's error, so I put this here with reserve.

Thankfully nobody was hurt.

I think every driver has the brain worms today.

So far I've seen more stupidity in less time than I think I've ever seen before. There's been idiots gridlocking intersections, 10-wheel dumptrucks with trailers running red lights on the left turn, giant bro-dozers blowing through yield signs and nearly flattening small cars, and one dipshit in a Corolla who couldn't stand being behind me in the parking lot, so he cut the corner, nearly taking my front end off - all so he could go past the front entrance and park in the farthest spot from the door. I wanted to set him on fire, and then do something terrible to his car.

Well, today a truck brought down a pedestrian bridge over the Autobahn A2 here in Germany:

[

Obviously the driver of a dump truck didn't realize that the cargo area of his truck was lifted up, before he crashed into the bridge and pulled it down. Currently it's unclear, if it was a technical problem or driver's error, so I put this here with reserve.

They sure don't build them bridges like they used to :D

HA! one less place to put a mobile Police camera! I say Dump Truck WIN! (as long as nobody was hurt as was mentioned before)

Jesus. A few years back, a trucker did that on the Baltimore beltway (though he had a piece of construction equipment on board that wasn't quite oriented properly and stuck up 6 inches higher than it should have)

Collapsed the bridge on top of some cars and like 6 people died. either underneath it or piling into the side of the bridge at 70mph.

i just feel this is the best place to put this, couldnt find anywhere else it would fit

ill just say that inly a drift racer could screw up driving in a strait line this bad (yes, i know he was braking but still! take the comment as a poke)

At first I was thinking that the drift video didn't belong here because it happened on a race track. Me thinks I was wrong though.

Nice displaying of why it is dangerous to brake with wheels not aligned. I think this can be used as an instructional video.

Nice displaying of why it is dangerous to brake with wheels not aligned. I think this can be used as an instructional video.

A racing instructor once told me "no car in the world brakes well in turns -- have all your braking done before turning". I think that has more to do with maximizing lateral grip by not also asking the tires to stop at the same time (thanks, "Driving Fast"). But the physics of two tires on two different arcs turning at different rates under heavy braking pressure dictate one is going to lock up, without some kind of bias correction. The two wheels are turning at different rates in a turn. Although in this case they're just not gripping at all, pure understeer relying completely on lateral grip of the tires to stop.

Last edited:
I think every driver has the brain worms today.

So far I've seen more stupidity in less time than I think I've ever seen before. There's been idiots gridlocking intersections, 10-wheel dumptrucks with trailers running red lights on the left turn, giant bro-dozers blowing through yield signs and nearly flattening small cars, and one dipshit in a Corolla who couldn't stand being behind me in the parking lot, so he cut the corner, nearly taking my front end off - all so he could go past the front entrance and park in the farthest spot from the door. I wanted to set him on fire, and then do something terrible to his car.

This sounds like a typical driving day in Arkansas. :p

I'd like to mention the cock with the Corvette, who blasted flat out through my neighborhood at two o'clock in the morning yesterday.
As much as I like the sound of a V8. Two o'clock in the morning in a residential area is neither the right time nor the right place for that.
I WANT TO SLEEP. Get it?

Traffic Cops 2010 ? Age Old Problem
BBC Website said:
Documentary series following the traffic police as they enforce the law on Britain's roads.

Traffic police in Sussex have to catch a lorry driver whose dangerous driving has put people's lives at risk on a railway crossing. They are also called to deal with elderly drivers whose standard of driving has left them with the prospect of having their licences taken away, and they encounter a well-known celebrity with a dodgy number plate.

The main theme of this documentary is of senior citizens and their reduced driving abilities. It shows three or four incidents of low speed accidents, without injuries, where problems associated with ageing were a contributing factor.

The documentary also has a brief cameo appearance of one time SIARPC Jordan, aka Katie Price getting a ticket, who I believe has a fan or two at FinalGear. :whistle:

More seriously, there is another segment covering a nasty, fatal, multiple-vehicle, motorway accident, caused by an idiot in a Range Rover.

A stupid driver story writ large and a disturbing film to watch.
:(

Last edited: