The 2020 elections, news, and discussions

How do these people get past any screening process to run in either party?

How do these people get past any screening process to run in either party?
The scary one I heard is that the GOP is apparently eyeing Fox News slimeball Tucker Carlson for a 2024 White House run.

I won't be surprised at all if they go with a candidate named Trump, or formerly named Trump, for 2024.

Congratulations to Joe and his supporters.

Pretty much how I see it. At least he won’t piss and moan like a 5 year old and hopefully not disagree with everyone but dictators.

No, that will be CNN's job after a republican publishes a law project, sneezes, or has a prawn sandwich or something :p

I'll do more thorough remarks on the election a bit later.

290 now, NV has been called.

And Trump was in his adopted habitat when the race was called.

Help Trump with an election defense fund*

*pay off election debts.

Congratulations to Joe Biden, Kamala Harris and first and foremost, the US and also the whole world.

I'm mostly glad we finally have a result. I'm also confident that this will weather any attempts by still-President Trump to have it overthrown by legal means, because his allegations are nothing but fraudulent (like his attempts to collect money for it, errrr, to pay off his debts).

So, hopefully the US will survive the rest of Trumps presidenxcy, and then Biden will at least steer the whole thing towards a more civilized and rational course again. I'm not daring to hope for actual progressive politics, but that's for another thread.

I hope Biden wins all the remaining states, so Trump won't be able to make everybody lose time and energy chasing his delusional accusations.

I hope Biden wins all the remaining states, so Trump won't be able to make everybody lose time and energy chasing his delusional accusations.

People that have a say have bought into Trump's BS.

And of course, we have the trumpeter in chief...

This is not over yet, it is just a matter of how messy it will get.