The Aviation Thread [Contains Lots of Awesome Pictures]

Tu95 power....
cec80c008b0046f6675e8c793da53c6f.jpg

0_88ef4_a79058df_XXXL.jpeg.jpg

May I also ask for a digitized copy of the sled driver? Thanks!

- - - Updated - - -

May I also ask for a digitized copy of the sled driver? Thanks!

- - - Updated - - -

It was a combination of OCR and editing, i rearranged the book a bit to fit a pdf/tablet layout, all of the formatting i tried to copy as much from the original but it was tedious and slow going

May I also request for a digitized copy of the sled driver? Thanks

Beautiful!

Would it be possible to have a copy in wallpaper resolution?

Unfortunately not; although I took the picture the Crown holds copyright. I'm only allowed to share it under the open-Government licence, which unfortunately is restricted to low-res. Frustrating I know, but you should see some of the shots I'm not even allowed to release at all!

Unfortunately not; although I took the picture the Crown holds copyright. I'm only allowed to share it under the open-Government licence, which unfortunately is restricted to low-res. Frustrating I know, but you should see some of the shots I'm not even allowed to release at all!

That's quite odd. I like how the US Government approaches these things -- we (the taxpayers) are footing the bill therefore we own it (for non-commercial use). That means lots and lots of gorgeous, insanely high resolution photos for us to play with.

That's quite odd. I like how the US Government approaches these things -- we (the taxpayers) are footing the bill therefore we own it (for non-commercial use). That means lots and lots of gorgeous, insanely high resolution photos for us to play with.

Unfortunately, the way the RAF as a whole handles its PR is "poor" at best; we spend most of our time battling civilian photographers for what is inherently work in our remit.

The RAF do occasionally release high resolution imagery which is all completely free, but that's the decision of the folks in London and not the guys who take them. All we can do is share them once they've already become open-source. It has to be said, the Royal Navy and British Army are leagues ahead of us in terms of the way they handle their media footprint.