The Aviation Thread [Contains Lots of Awesome Pictures]

Video from some action at the airport today. I counted 10 F-16s, 6 T-38s (all black), 2 KC-135s and 12 F-22s sitting on the ramp across from the center. Pics to come soon.

Last edited:
The F-22 really is quite an elegant looking aircraft in flight, unlike its bloated over-budget cousin. It's especially fun to watch in low speed maneuvers they like to show off with at air shows. I hope I one day get to see it perform in person.

Every airplane should have a glass nose :yes:

Took Dad for his Christmas present a few weeks ago now. Didn't get any pictures of him during take off due to the runway being a long way from where the office was, behind some buildings.
An hour flying lesson over western Sydney. He was a bit scared beforehand, but he loved it. As I knew he would.

IMG_1190_zps161cc25a.jpg

IMG_1180_zpsff646bbb.jpg

Could have sent him up in this Pitts Special for some acrobatics - as he's always wanted to own one, but this wasn't an original Pitts, so he was glad I got the Piper flight instead.
IMG_1185_zps18002b4e.jpg

IMG_1174_zpsd34a649a.jpg

nSBYnig.gif

I'm 98% sure it's a very big model plane but still fucking crazy.

Made another couple of FSX videos. Two different runs at the old Quito airport, winds 36 gusting to 54, wet runway, 1 NMI visibility.
The GPWS went a bit nuts though, and I'm not sure why. I suspect it's because the map data for the 777 mod I have doesn't recognize Quito as an airport, since the actual airport was closed after FSX was released.

Woo... Boeing with BOING!

And on a side note:

I am now a certificated Airline Transport Pilot, with a Gulfstream V type rating!
1613999_10105997524749214_1191649587_o.jpg

Congratulations, I'm just a little bit jealous :)

So are you gonna show up on that "Dangerous Flights" TV show about ferry pilots now? :p