The Aviation Thread [Contains Lots of Awesome Pictures]

Eww, Vista. Don't remind me of that...thing.

Download Chrome or Firefox...and maybe upgrade to Win 7 or 8 while you're at it :p

Eww, Vista. Don't remind me of that...thing.

Download Chrome or Firefox...and maybe upgrade to Win 7 or 8 while you're at it :p

What this guy said. :)

Some of you may remember there was a Mini Meet at the Royal International Air Tattoo last summer.

12717996153_96fd92f683_b.jpg

L-R calvinhobbes, MWF, KaJuN, Matt2000

Finally got around to sorting through and uploading all the pictures but rather than dump them all here I shoved them onto a Photostream on Flickr.

Here's one to whet your appetites.....

9359340261_ffe6069b97_b.jpg

Last edited:
You made me realize I never uploaded all my photos from it to the Book of Faces.

I'll put one up here in loving memory of calvinhobbes' chair. RIAT 2013-RIAT 2013. You will be missed. :cry:

[video=youtube;--XhLJMzRB4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=--XhLJMzRB4[/video]

The Delta flight I was on yesterday went super 80s for the safety video.

It's been a while since I posted a 757 picture from A.net...

Dear Frustport Fraport, how the actual fuck do your baggage-handling baboons manage to bend a sturdy metal luggage tag into the shape of a banana? Not to mention the half-hour delivery delay due to all of them being at lunch at the same time... <_<

A Bugatti 100p, a prototype racer built in 1940, but was never flown. A beautiful looking thing. The photgraphed origninal is now restored and based at Oshkosh.

A flyable replica is in the process of being built in Oklahoma:
Bugatti 100p Website - REVE BLEU (Replica Homepage)

Bugatti 100p - (Wiki)

I think it has a Dornier Do 335 Pfiel (Arrow) (Wiki) vibe about it, which was a very fast airplane.

That's really funny. :lol:

I just hope that none of the low-cost carriers thinks, " ... hey .., I wonder if .." :think:

:smile: