The Aviation Thread [Contains Lots of Awesome Pictures]

If you mean the pink badonkadonk I reckon it's the 34-28-36 variant.

Here's the euphemism of the day from the press office:

Fantasy of Flight Takes a Bold Next Step on Its Journey

FoF Press Release said:
POLK CITY, FL (March 4, 2014) ? Fantasy of Flight owner, Kermit Weeks, announced today that effective Sunday, April 6, the attraction will be closing its doors as a public attraction and will focus on its private event business and the design and development of a new future destination attraction. ?Although we are located just 20 minutes west of Walt Disney World, we?re currently outside the center of mass tourism and not perceived of as a destination. We have a great product, but people have a misperception of what we offer,? said Weeks. ?After 18 years of being in operation, it?s time we close the attraction and move forward toward creating the vision for what I know Fantasy of Flight can become,? Weeks told employees today.

Dang, I've never made it to Florida yet and I'm not going to get there before this happens either. :sad:

Does FG have enough members to crowd fund the purchase?

Vietnam military planes have spotted 2 oil slicks.

Doesn't look good at all :(

RIP to those on board. This is very unfortunate news. It feels like the AF flight all over again...

Here's the euphemism of the day from the press office:

Fantasy of Flight Takes a Bold Next Step on Its Journey

Dang, I've never made it to Florida yet and I'm not going to get there before this happens either. :sad:

I actually lived in Lakeland untill recently. That place is next to the highway so I passed it daily, the have a DC-3 on display next to the HW that always has a man (dummy) hanging from it, always funny. Sad to see this but most people in the area will agree, didn't think it would survive this long. They did good.

potd-pilot_2847401k.jpg

The thing I'm most curious about is who was in the wrong place at the wrong time?

So glad someone made a .gif out of it!

It's been a few days now, and they have found nothing. We'll probably have conspiracy theories showing up soon if no wreckage parts are fund. Rest in peace all of those 239 people who were on board. :(

The lost aircraft is 9M-MRO:
PlanespottersNet_101742.jpg

Not to make light of the tragedy, but it's making me want to rewatch that show Lost.