The General Motorbikers Discussion Thread

11391321_10153448318368109_3550503512032353307_n.jpg

Terrible body position. Sit up straight!

:lol:

Something something keyboard Rossi

Last edited:
I co-worker is selling an old Honda Ascot (the VT shaft one) for not much money. I am tempted to buy it.
I think the Ascots were enough of an oddball that stuff like stators and starters are getting hard to find. Know I read that somewhere but I can't find it now.

It probably also didn't help that I wasn't shielded from the sun at anytime, so I'm looking to get a tinted visor or maybe try out the Arai Pro-Shade so I have the option to treat it like a peak on a dualsport helmet.
Interesting idea, it might help. I've thought about getting a white jacket to see if that makes a difference. But it seems like it would be a bitch to keep really clean looking. Handz post above being a good example. My old Scorpion jacket? Just toss it in the washer. :D

I think the Ascots were enough of an oddball that stuff like stators and starters are getting hard to find. Know I read that somewhere but I can't find it now.

You're thinking of the FT500 Ascot. The VT500 Ascot shares most of its parts with the very popular (at the time) VT500C Shadow.

Welp, I can't go riding this weekend, because this happened:

4QRdOmO.jpg

A car hit me! :dance:

I'm fine, though, honest. I was lane-splitting and a Corolla swerved into a parking space and knocked me over at about 15 miles per hour. My right knee is scratched up, but I was ok. I even rode the bike back to my workplace. (Then, I took a cab home.)

Lkz9N3M.jpg

The right footpeg broke right off, so I can't really ride the bike. But it's all cosmetic damage at the moment. The driver was being polite and offered to pay out of insurance, so I've tallied up the cost of nine replacement parts and I'm gonna get back to him with that.

More gory details on my thread.

Last edited:
upload_-1.jpg

Doing basic maintenance to the bike, while sipping tea with milk. Maybe I should look in to Triumphs after all...

You should get in touch with James May, you'd get along wonderfully. :)

@Blaro, that sucks. :(
But there's a lesson in there somewhere. When lane splitting, always keep an eye out for non-carpeople-cars, they're most likely to try and kill you because they have no idea what they're doing.

@Blaro, that sucks. :(
But there's a lesson in there somewhere. When lane splitting, always keep an eye out for non-carpeople-cars, they're most likely to try and kill you because they have no idea what they're doing.

Well, there's plenty of time to look in retrospect. I should have been wearing my armored jeans, for one, and my knee wouldn't have a cut in it. And I also should have reacted faster, found time to sound my horn, etc.

I called the insurance company and filed a claim, after telling the driver that parts alone will be over $800. He is still a nice guy, and probably more shaken up than me about it. :lol:

I won't be riding for a bit...(I do have a car now, and that thread is incoming.)

Not in the US. We get 101.

Dafuq are you doing, Honda?

http://www.cnet.com/products/2016-honda-rc213v-s/

But, add on the optional race kit and that power jumps significantly, up to a massive 215. The race kit swaps out the ECU, shifter, front brake pads, air intake and lots more bits and bobs, making it a proper track tool. Lights and mirrors, meanwhile, are easy to remove. There is another catch, however, and it's a big one: this race kit will not be available in the US, and importing one won't be easy.

Honda representatives say this was the only way to bring the bike into the US due to American noise and emissions regulations. And, again due to US laws, it's impossible for them to sell a kit that would allow riders to make their bike non-street legal. However, given the choice of importing this bike in a limited form, or not importing it at all, they opted to at least bring the thing over.

Courtesy of our unfriendly local Federal government. Honda's not to blame - at least they're importing some form of it.

I dont understand how honda can only sell a 160hp bike race bike in the US, but Yamaha can sell the 200hp R1M in the US.....

What gives?

The General Motorbikers Discussion Thread

I dont understand how honda can only sell a 160hp bike race bike in the US, but Yamaha can sell the 200hp R1M in the US.....

What gives?

Honda's V4 racing bikes are LOUD and always have been. The Rc213V the -S model is based on is a very loud V4 and they had to cripple it for import to be legal. The R1M is an inline four - and Yamaha is saying that it won't live all that long - that 200hp is at the cost of engine longevity. The closest competing Honda model is the CBR1000RR and that makes ~180 horsepower in U.S. legal form.

There is no corresponding model to the RC213V-S, even in full ROW form, from any of the other Japanese manufacturers. The R1M is not a street legal MotoGP bike, which is what the 213V-S is.

Last edited:
Welp, I can't go riding this weekend, because this happened:

4QRdOmO.jpg

A car hit me! :dance:

I'm fine, though, honest. I was lane-splitting and a Corolla swerved into a parking space and knocked me over at about 15 miles per hour. My right knee is scratched up, but I was ok. I even rode the bike back to my workplace. (Then, I took a cab home.)

Lkz9N3M.jpg

The right footpeg broke right off, so I can't really ride the bike. But it's all cosmetic damage at the moment. The driver was being polite and offered to pay out of insurance, so I've tallied up the cost of nine replacement parts and I'm gonna get back to him with that.

More gory details on my thread.

Hope you will be fine. But makes me wonder why the

I guess me and Blaro arnt going riding anytime soon.

He did it just to avoid you. :rolleyes:

The what? THE WHAT? ANSWER ME, DAMMIT!

:lol:

But it makes me wonder why he wants to avoid the insurance co. Did you at least get an accident report.