The Gun thread

Not terribly difficult, you'd call in a firm that specializes in things like panic rooms and storm shelters.

Unfortunately we don't have a space for such a room in this house, it will have to wait until the next house.

I know hes never really been a good example of gun safety but shit that shrapnel was close.

And now things start getting a little odd. This just came across my desk from someone else. It's from an (obviously) biased source, but it contains links and such to the original reports.

Keith Ratliff, Manager of FPSRussia found murdered

Keith Ratliff, the manager of FPS Russia, the 3rd most popular youtube channel was found dead yesterday, tied up to a chair and shot in the back of the head.

http://www.921wlhr.com/body-found-in-carnesville-identified-2/

http://m.topix.com/forum/city/frankfort-ky/TF7BSLPVVF7EIFRV6/p2

The radio and media at large isn?t mentioning the exact details, however this is a very important thing. FPS Russia is a driving force in the pro-gun movement concerning youth. The videos published are very pro-gun, and reach literally millions of impressionable youth showing them that firearms just aren?t for people in movies or video games.

From the details, it was not a robbery turned murder. His guns were still left in the house. So, why was he murdered mob style?

This represents a second well known player in the firearms industry to be killed in the past week. Only a few days ago, John Novseke was killed in a somewhat mysterious car crash.

Interestingly enough, one of FPSRussia?s recent videos featured him tied to a chair, held hostage and about to be shot.

confirmation.jpg

Definite WTF moments there. I'm not leaning towards the tinfoil hat end of the spectrum here, but this is very, very, very odd.

Last edited:
I am VERY skeptical of any conspiracy theory, but this definitely has a very odd timing and circumstances.

^He's the only guy I know who can buy a gun from the comforts of his own bed before the first piss of the day.

So... safes are really like garages. You always end up filling it and needing a bigger one.

Which reminds me... how feasible/easy would it be to build a walk-in vault in the basement of a home?

I was window shopping some homes here in town, I found a house with walk-in vault downstairs in the basement. :drool:

Now to convert the same house's stupid indoor sauna/steam room into a walk-in humidor would be even more fantastic... though that's for another thread. :p

I could put you in contact with someone at Rolland where they do things just like that on a decently frequent basis, see here. Essentially they can build a bank vault into a basement or spare room of your house. I met with and toured their facility a year and half ago or so, very nice people and they do great work as evidenced by the restoration work I saw on vintage pieces and the room full of safes and vaults (from all different brands) which had been broken in to and brought to their facility for study.

Not terribly difficult, you'd call in a firm that specializes in things like panic rooms and storm shelters.

I could put you in contact with someone at Rolland where they do things just like that on a decently frequent basis, see here. Essentially they can build a bank vault into a basement or spare room of your house. I met with and toured their facility a year and half ago or so, very nice people and they do great work as evidenced by the restoration work I saw on vintage pieces and the room full of safes and vaults (from all different brands) which had been broken in to and brought to their facility for study.

Hm, that's way cool - thanks for the link! This is definitely going to be a project for the final house, but yeah, Spectre's right, it's definitely doable. (Hah, wasn't sure whether you were being sarcastic or not Spectre ;) )

Last edited:
Last edited:
Hm, that's way cool - thanks for the link! This is definitely going to be a project for the final house, but yeah, Spectre's right, it's definitely doable. (Hah, wasn't sure whether you were being sarcastic or not Spectre ;) )

Yeesh, get your Sarcasm Sensor calibrated already. :p It's rare that I'll be sarcastic about firearms. Except when someone doesn't want me (or anyone else) to have them and proposes a stupid plan to make it so. :p

:lol: Yeah yeah, I've been trying to get that sensor calibrated for years. :p

Eeep! Can't wait for next week!!

Doing homework on the new guns for the shot show since my credentials say that I'm a buyer...

Last edited:
You think that's pressure, my credentials list me as "Research and Development".

I wonder if I will get some "demo" components for the AR builds? (Probably not)

I've been a bit busy with my Saiga.

IMG_3656.JPG

IMG_3653.JPG

Just need a BUIS pair and a Stormwerkz stock hinge and I think I can call it about done. And yes, Aimpoint says it's okay to reverse the QRP like that.

Last edited:
I accidentally bought a set of the cheaper Magpul BUS, I worried about them melting on a AR, but probably fine on a shotgun. They are $20 shipped on ebay. Or if you are interested I don't need the ones I have since I picked up the expensive ones for my AR now.

919E97A1-F848-49E6-9F8B-A711E779A78A-127-00000001EF6E75E4.jpg

Last edited:
There was a push a while ago to increase health and life insurance rates for gun owners and treat gun ownership like a disease. Some lawmakers and medical professionals wanted to put gun ownership on standard health questionnaires and then talk to owners about the "health risks" of owning guns.

Now, I ask these questions when I'm assessing for suicidal ideation - but not of a non-suicidal client. The only other time a medical professional should care about firearms ownership is if someone is reloading improperly or has reloaded for a long time. If a reloading station is set up inside the living area of a home it can result in lead exposure. This is why media cleaning is often done outside or in an outbuilding and the person loaded will often wear coveralls to prevent lead contamination of his everyday clothes and tracking the lead into the rest of the house.

- - - Updated - - -

It looks like Senator Fienstien forgot to pay the bill. :lol:

http://senatorfeinstein.com/

Also, it looks like a bill might be introduced as early as this week to ban magazines over 10 rounds - current mags will be grandfathered but it makes the sale and transfer of new and existing mags illegal. So if you sell your firearm you are stuck with the magazines, as they can't be sold or transferred with the firearm.

[video=youtube;EXrAt7-ij2k]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EXrAt7-ij2k&list=UUZ-qxagOkAmCEP-Tu6YliUQ&index=6[/video]

Even worse would be the millions on backorder probably not filled in time.

I called Ruger to check on a order with them, have 2 pmags on backorder, they said they expect them soon. Which is shocking because I just saw an article yesterday that Magul alone has over 1 Million on backorder from them.

The Obamacare gun piece was put in by Reid, I laughed when I heard that.

The Gun thread

I accidentally bought a set of the cheaper Magpul BUS, I worried about them melting on a AR, but probably fine on a shotgun. They are $20 shipped on ebay. Or if you are interested I don't need the ones I have since I picked up the expensive ones for my AR now.

919E97A1-F848-49E6-9F8B-A711E779A78A-127-00000001EF6E75E4.jpg

Yeah, I saw the PTS 'airsoft' versions on eBay and in person. Thing is, the Saiga is known to batter the PTS versions into uselessness in just a few mags. Remember, monster AK 12 gauge. :p

True guess the recoil would kill most things.

My local shop owner just heard from his distributor that the ATF isn't serializing any imported firearms that might be affected by any rumored or proposed legislation. That means all imports are essentially stopped - even without any act of Congress.

The British Army just discovered the Glock 17 and its 3 secs quicker to draw than a Browning
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...ish-troops-8447112.html?origin=internalSearch

The Browning isn't appreciably slower on the draw if you 1) carry it cocked and locked as Browning intended as opposed to hammer down on a loaded or unloaded chamber as the British train and 2) train your troops to deactivate the thumb safety as the pistol comes up. The SAS stuck with the BHP for years even though they are allowed many other pistols because the Browning just wasn't slower to deploy in practical terms and the single action trigger system made the weapon faster and more accurate once it was deployed. The Glock is lower maintenance, carries more rounds and can have accessories installed that the BHP can't begin to mount, but speed of deployment and shooting isn't one of the advantages it has.

Last edited: