The "New Toys" Thread

i just got me a new modem/wireless router thingy, for free (offered by my ISP)

I realise this is a worthless post without any significant information, but then again most of mine are.
Also, no pics!

How ironic, because I paid for these, but don't have them!

Nokia_BH-503.jpg

A Solidata K6 SSD (64 GB, Indilinx-Controller) - let's see what all the fuzz is about...

Got this today, was on sale for $200
https://pic.armedcats.net/c/cr/cruzz563/2010/02/12/IMG_1753.JPG

How'd you know? :p

Grrrr..... Core 2 Quads for my stupid socket 775 are more expensive than that!

Yep, I could get an i7-920 for less than my Q9550 cost. Still, the motherboard for LGA1366 is more expensive.

I'm going to stick with what I have for now and get it overclocked. :D

jvc_ha_rx700.jpg

Thanks Crazyjeeper. Should be here either next friday or next monday.

On Amazon, for $40 with shipping.

Replacing my borked up Turtle Beach HPA2s, went for sound quality over true 5.1 this time.

^Excellent choice :p

Be sure to post some impressions and keep in mind that they require some burn in time before reaching their full potential.

^Excellent choice :p

Be sure to post some impressions and keep in mind that they require some burn in time before reaching their full potential.

Also keep in mind I'm using an onboard sound card, and that I don't have altogether much of an audiophile personality.

My next purchase may be a decent (<$50) dedicated sound card.

What these headphones will probably do then, is let you see the limits of on board sound.

Logitech G500.

15994.1.0.png

I love it. Replacing my G5 and it seems a lot more accurate and has the added bonus of being lighter and having more buttons, plus the sweet scrool wheel.

Yay!

Logitech G500.

15994.1.0.png

I love it. Replacing my G5 and it seems a lot more accurate and has the added bonus of being lighter and having more buttons, plus the sweet scrool wheel.

Yay!

If you don't mind me asking, how much? I have a G5 and a new mouse is on my list of "within-the-year" purchases.

If you don't mind me asking, how much? I have a G5 and a new mouse is on my list of "within-the-year" purchases.

It was $57 off Newegg with free 3-day shipping (about the same on Amazon, but I prefer Newegg).

It's a G5 v2.0 basically. Everything you love about the G5, but better.

Shit, that's half its price over here. But we're used to being screwed at electronics prices.

Last edited:
20661_1375601430489_1245422480_31081308_5347693_n.jpg

Roland TD-3 KW. Bought it used for 450?. It is my first E-Drumset and im surprised how good it actually is. Definetly a fun toy!

I'm speaking writing touch-screen typing to you now from my new iPod Touch!!! :D

It's the 3rd gen 32GB version and I got it for $280 brand new. It would have cost $340 if I got it from Futureshop.

I love this thing!!! :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Just ordered one of theese badboys to replace my 3 years old Mx510 :D
1486-1789.jpg