The Ultimate macOS Thread

I thought I would have finally gotten OS X to work on my laptop but after a succesfull boot I just arrive at a black screen with some stripes (they are random, they change every other attempt) :(
No text, no nothing. Very frustrating.

Wrong graphics card driver, obviously. Time to shuffle some .kexts around again!

engadget said:
One major change Apple's made in Lion is that running apps are no longer denoted by a little "light" in the Dock. Just like iOS, Lion is designed to manage system resources for the user, in an effort to make multitasking completely seamless. That means the system can "freeze" apps in the background, kill processes, and otherwise do whatever it takes to preserve the user experience. It's a nice idea, and we're sure some people will love it, but we'd rather take destiny into our own hands when it comes to managing apps -- so it's a good thing you can always see what apps are running by hitting control-tab or by turning the lights back on in preferences.

http://www.engadget.com/2011/02/28/mac-os-x-lion-hands-on-preview/

I'm not quite sure how I feel about that. If I have a computer with 4 GB of ram and a speedy processor, I'd rather be in full control of my multitasking experience thank ya kindly. Turning on the indicator lights that show whether an app is running doesn't do any good as it'll still close em whenever it damn well pleases...:/

I'm eager to see how that going to be handled, not that I should be feeling its effect too much with 6GB of RAM.

Wouldn't freezing apps completely ruin mulitasking?
Like if you want to browse the internet and watch a movie at the same time it would freeze the movie, or if you switch out of the internet browser while a page is loading it won't finish?

After reading the rest of the article, it's probably really is freezing them out. Everything seems to be making things more aimed at idiots and an ordeal if you aren't.
They also have turned mail into the jalopnik layout everyone hates. Oh boy.

The more I look at Lion, the less I want it. People who are on my Uni course, who are only just recently Mac converts think it looks amazing, but I think it is a step too far in the wrong direction. I don't want my iMac or MacBook to be like an iPad or an iPhone, I bought an iPad and iPhone, because they supplimented my Mac's.

I'm not going to be upgrading to it on either my aging MacBook or my semi aging iMac as it looks awful. Tiger and Snow Leopard, respectively, suit them fine. I was planning on getting a new MacBook Pro as a replacement for my white plastic one when I left Uni in a years time, but I might bring that forward so I am not stuck with Lion...

Yeah I am looking at this with more dread than excitement. :|
I don't even like the mobile OS on the mobiles never mind on my computer.

Maybe that's a good time to gloat, tell you that i told you so and point out that Linux runs brilliantly on Apple hardware ;)

I can't imagine Apple taking OS X to the dumpster and dragging it through it, so I'll be curious about the reviews once Lion is on sale.

Yes and my initial installation of 10.6 reminded me of why it is not a good plan to buy things the first week they come out.