What to buy: Euro diesel edition

What to buy: Euro diesel edition

• Total voters
In Germany. Holland, Belgium, Luxembourg Germany, same place :p
Yes the kilometerage was >16kkm but hey, that's just run in for a diesel ;)

I found one in a place called Obert?rkheim which I thought was hilarious.

We are NOT Germany!

*where alot worse*

In Germany. Holland, Belgium, Luxembourg Germany, same place :p
Yes the kilometerage was >16kkm but hey, that's just run in for a diesel ;)

I found one in a place called Obert?rkheim which I thought was hilarious.

Sure, in the same way that Sweden, Finnland, Norway and Denmark are the same place. ;)

And you all have Ikea Furniture, go hunting some Mooses by wearing Vikinghats, spend then the evening in a sauna after having lunch with Vasa-krackers, and Meatballs.

:lol:

That's how we roll! :D
[Clarkson mode]
Yeeeeeeeeeeees it is. The distance from Amsterdam to Stuttgart (where the funny named Obert?rkheim is) is 621km, Stockholm to Malm? is 617km. Same distance as San Francisco to Los Angeles, which by american standards I believe is to be regarded as being next door. :p

That depends on the date of the map you use :D

Yess, and then we called our little friends form across the sea and they kicked your shiny metal hat wearing knackwurst eating asses back across the Ardennes :lol:...... twice if I recall :p

anyone up for round three? some Belgians are better armed nowadays :p

* ok, 2 of them but still.....it's an improvement*

Last edited:
Nobody wants to play war with us unless we begin... ;)

Indeed, as in everything Germany is best left simply ignored , untill they start being loud and annoying, witch is bound to happen at some point :cool:

anyone up for round three? some Belgians are better armed nowadays :p

As long as you keep yourself out of our music charts, we let you in peace. :lol:

"Alors on danse" sounds sooo gay. :lol:

In 1989 Slovenia was already boring.

Last edited by a moderator:
where's the don't buy a diesel option.

still, if petrol would somehow spontaneously stop existing. I'd rationally go for the BMW but would buy the Velsatis instead, just for it's funkyness.

Last edited:
Among those cars, go German.

I voted the BMW, but it was a close race with the Skoda.
Basically, the BMW won my vote because it's cool, but if I had been only slightly more rational, I'd have gone for the Skoda: You can get it newer, it's practical, it has the same quality as an AUDI or VW and the 1.9 TDI 130 is an outstanding engine, quite aggressive (ok, I have a Golf, the Superb is far heavier) and can have very low fuel consumption.

Don't go Renault. It's funky, but it WILL break down, especially with an automatic gearbox. Let it where it belongs, to a museum of motoring styling.

Last edited:
The only car that has not been mentioned here that might actually do the job is a Mondeo. It's not a bad car, but maybe you don't like belgium cars, for which I couldn't blame you obviously :p You can pick up one rather cheaply these days, especially if you head across the border into Germany.