Will jenson button ever win a world championship??

Just finished watching qualifying.

Jensen Button is looking like he is a world champion calibre driver and only needs a car good enough to perform.

Same could probably be said about 90% of the drivers in F1 though.

But we'll see in the race tomorrow. If he wins then it's almost /thread.

If Brawn stays ahead for the rest of the season, then I think Button can pull it off. I still think he's a better racer than Barrichello.

"honda" did stage an unfathomable form reversal though, so his words are still on par.

I think he has a really really good chance at this point. Within the top 10 group, He did pole with more fuel than the person who ended up in 10th! That is a mighty advantage they are holding - and without significant technical updates until after Bahrain... if he can take victory in the first 4 of the season out of 17 then continue to fight til the end... looking goOOod:cool:

keep in mind with the new testing ban and budget cuts, it means even the bigger teams might not be able to develop their way infront of brawn GP. so dont assume brawn GP to drop out of contention once we get to the 5th race.

Looking at the their horrid pace it seems that mclaren and ferrari simply didn't have enough time to develop their cars.

If I remember correctly didn't bmw sauber also stop developing their car in '08 to do the '09 properly? Kubica is in 4th but he didn't appear confident, so hey, maybe brawn gp have simply beaten everyone in their design!

Oh, I'd like to add, it's so great to see brawn gp in their plain white livery with a few stripes here and there, kicking all the other teams' beautifully designed and coloured asses.

Last edited:
Looking at the their horrid pace it seems that mclaren and ferrari simply didn't have enough time to develop their cars.

McLaren got the maths wrong with theirs though. It has significant fundamental design issues that must've looked good on paper (or on the CAD screen) but somehow didnt translate over. Ferrari, I dont know they just seem slow. Their problems have been less well documented, but considering these two teams were developing their '08 cars right up until the start of the Brazilian Grand Prix I guess it isnt so surprising that they're now in trouble.

Another win for Jenson this weekend will add even more points to his lead. I must be a mind reader making this thread because soon after I did he is the favourite for the title.

I must be a mind reader making this thread because soon after I did he is the favourite for the title.

You know what to do now, don't you? :p

Make threads for all the other 19 drivers so the playing field is leveled. :lol:

EDIT: wait a minute, the thread starter apparently got banned. are you matiboy?

Last edited:

http://img409.imageshack.**/img409/8258/pwned111za6.jpg

Hmmm. I could have sworn I put Brawn GP. But maybe I wrote Honda because I thought an old Honda team was coming back into the championship, run by Ross Brawn. See how much I was uninterested in F1 before the first race of the season? I wasn't following the stories properly.

You know what to do now, don't you? :p

Make threads for all the other 19 drivers so the playing field is leveled. :lol:

Thanks too that i got banned, i probably should of explained that my mate was talking about it at his house to i told him to make a thread about it.I then made an account because final gear looked amazing and then i could comment. So who ever banned me banned the wrong person but it's my fault im just happy to be a member of final gear.

i think the poor guy learned his lesson though? judging from the way he desperately praises FG in every sentence he writes.

on topic:

button will become world champion guys, the charlie brawnmobile is simply too fast!