• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Red_Bull

Gives you wings?
Time for November! Pug has chosen a Mercedes 190E. Here it is:

mercedes_1984-190E-006_4.jpg

Usual rules, remember to resize it to 800x600 after you're done.

Deadline will be, shall we say Friday the 27th November.

If we get over 10 chops, what do you guys think of extending the voting to your top 5 instead of top 3? Discuss below.

Last edited:
Knowing almost nothing about past Mercedes models, I assumed that all 190Es were the chrome bumper variety, obviously not. Good looking car, no idea what I can do with it.

I have an idea I've been trying to adapt to all the past competitions. Hope it will finally work with this one.

hm, im settled into my routine, might get back in this time :D

Just to let you know, my chop is already in progress ;)

I fear it's a bit of a cliche but we'll see.

Last edited:
If we get over 10 chops, what do you guys think of extending the voting to your top 5 instead of top 3? Discuss below.
5 votes? I and at least one confirmed other had a hard time choosing a third this month, as the level of quality was so high across the board... :?

Rather than increasing the number of votes per person, I would say we need to increase the number of voters and encourage more people to vote (regardless of whether they've taken part or not).

One way to do this would be a monthly front page news spot on FG.com to announce each comp and a follow-up reminder when voting begins.

It would not only help drive more traffic to the fora but would also lessen any possible voting manipulation where entrants might not vote for chops they consider to be contenders so as to avoid knocking themselves down the vote ladder (if you know what I mean).

Pretty sure Viper would be up for it. :)

Knowing almost nothing about past Mercedes models, I assumed that all 190Es were the chrome bumper variety, obviously not.
You might be thinking of the original 190 or perhaps the better known 190SL.
The 190E never had chrome bumbers, even in pre-facelift form.

Just to let you know, my chop is already in progress ;)

I fear it's a bit of a cliche but we'll see.
Lemme guess... DTM? :lol:

Good luck everyone. I'm looking forward to seeing what comes out of this more than any yet. :cool:

I'll try not to get this off topic too much, which car did James have in the African special? That's the one I'm thinking of because they had one on wheeler dealers too.

From a Wiki search it could be the 240 or 300 that I'm thinking of, 300 seems more familiar. :)

I'll try not to get this off topic too much, which car did James have in the African special? That's the one I'm thinking of because they had one on wheeler dealers too.

From a Wiki search it could be the 240 or 300 that I'm thinking of, 300 seems more familiar. :)
230E. Otherwise known as the W123.

Anyway, I spent most of last night and pretty much all of today on mine and short of a few areas I could tweak, I'm itching to post it here and now in the thread for all to see... Damn rules! :cry:

ohh man, I have a good idea for this one. I just hope I have the skill and time to make it somewhere close to the impossible standard Pug has laid down. Last month I had ~1 day to do the chop and it showed, this month should be a little less hectic at work.

5 votes? I and at least one confirmed other had a hard time choosing a third this month, as the level of quality was so high across the board... :?

Rather than increasing the number of votes per person, I would say we need to increase the number of voters and encourage more people to vote (regardless of whether they've taken part or not).

Aye, quite a few people who had entered didn't vote and also a few who commented on them didn't vote either, and making the voting a bit more complex might possibly hinder more people from voting. And I do agree that the more voters there are the "fairer" or perhaps "better judged" it will be.
Although everyone votes on different criteria I guess. :)

As for benefits with upping the number is it so that most people will get at least some recognition for their work in form of a vote and are there any other benefits besides that?

lets see if i have time for this one..

After re-reading the OP I'm now not sure I've understood it correctly.
Are you on about people voting their 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th places or are you on about having a top 5 announced?

If it's the latter, I'd change my vote; if the former, then I think you'll put voters off.
Hell, with enough voters, I think you could bring it down to one vote apiece, as most other comps do. :dunno:

Anyway, I'm going to rework some parts of my chop I'm not happy with.
I spotted a couple of areas I screwed up on before working on a resized version and may have to redo a whole bunch of it to correct them. <_<

Erm... oh-kay. I've got two very separate ideas for this, and a full day tomorrow when I should be studying. I'll try to study as hard as possible and then get cracking on both the ideas. :| Might be a bit difficult though, when the mouse keeps playing up.

I haven't started yet... no ideas to speak of either......

Tempted to send mine too, as it's as good as it's likely to get.
However, I just remembered my original idea (that I got sidetracked from) and am wondering whether to bash that out too.
tempted.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.