2011 Mustang V8 5.0 412hp

It was 390lbs*ft at 4,000rpm with 300+ available across most of the rev range IIRC

W00t! No engine cover.

That IS the cover. Take it off and it looks like ass, and you can see the true design of the manifold (and it severely lacks the dual plenum design :( ).

Still, with that little cover it looks a lot better than the LS engines. I'm not much for Fords normally, but I gotta say "I want" me thinks.

Do you have pictures? The manifold looks exposed.

This is what I see. Doesn't look hidden.
gt160.jpg

Last edited:
Meh I think it looks good with or without the ends of the manifold covered.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oiv2vbjW7m0&feature=sub[/YOUTUBE]

Pretty handsome in black. Also a bit too quiet for my liking with the stock exhaust, but what stock car wouldn't be? :p

Last edited:
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oiv2vbjW7m0&feature=sub[/YOUTUBE]

Pretty handsome in black. Also a bit too quiet for my liking with the stock exhaust, but what stock car wouldn't be? :p

I accidently played that with some Led Zeppelin. Accident? I think not!

put some Bullit issue Torq-Thrust wheels on that fucker.

I am legally not allowed to drive and i want this car. . . . .alot

put some Bullit issue Torq-Thrust wheels on that fucker.

I am legally not allowed to drive and i want this car. . . . .alot

I'm blind also. (not permenently albeit) I've had some corrective surgeries and have my licence, although right now I've hit a bit of a trouble spot. It's so temping to just jump in a car and drive, even though I can't see.

I feel your pain (obviously to a different extent though) Do you mind if I ask how you bacame blind? PM me if you don't want to talk publicly or I understand if you don't want to talk at all. :)

I'm blind also. (not permenently albeit) I've had some corrective surgeries and have my licence, although right now I've hit a bit of a trouble spot. It's so temping to just jump in a car and drive, even though I can't see.

I feel your pain (obviously to a different extent though) Do you mind if I ask how you bacame blind? PM me if you don't want to talk publicly or I understand if you don't want to talk at all. :)

I was born with shitty vision. i can see . . . ok. . . . if im up close. but the state of North Carolina will not let me drive. ever.

I was born with shitty vision. i can see . . . ok. . . . if im up close. but the state of North Carolina will not let me drive. ever.

I'm the same way right now. I can only see up really close (my face is about 4 inches from the comp screen right now) I'm hoping my vision will return soon though.

I've been reading about bionic eye implants and what they do with them considering your age I think you will get to drive yet!

Some more info.

While Ford might not be pulling out all the stops here in Detroit to promote its updated Mustang like it did for the 2010 model year, the 2011 model's improvements are just as significant, if not more. The new 305 horsepower, 30 mile per gallon V6 debuted at Los Angeles back in December, and the long-awaited 5.0L V8 made its official debut here at the NAIAS. Fortunately, there's plenty more to the legendary 5.0 badge than an increase in displacement, and a cutaway motor on the show floor gave us a closer look at all the details.

For starters, the new V8 uses a different bore and stroke to give it an even five liters of displacement, last employed in the Mustang GT in 1995. A larger, single-blade throttle body that replaces the dual unit now works in conjunction with a composite intake manifold runner to provide for better breathing, as do the all-new aluminum cylinder heads that include an extra exhaust valve for a total of four valves per cylinder.

Additional upgraded components include a forged steel crankshaft, stronger forged powder metal connecting rods, high compression pistons, and a fantastic set of tubular stainless steel exhaust headers on each side. Perhaps most importantly, the 5.0-liter V8 receives Twin Independent Variable Camshaft Timing (Ti-VCT), a technology that allows for optimal power or fuel economy depending on throttle input. You can read our in-depth article for even more details on the Mustang's new 5.0-liter V8, or you can see our live photos of the car and the cutaway engine in the galleries below.

http://autoblog.com/2010/01/12/detroit-2010-a-closer-look-at-the-mustangs-5-0l-v8/

Correct me if I'm wrong but does Ti-VCT = VTEC Mustang?

Some more info.

Correct me if I'm wrong but does Ti-VCT = VTEC Mustang?

VTEC was not the first variable valve timing system. That stuff has been around for ages. Honda is just good at marketing their implementation.