Forum Suggestions / Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is ashspet's restraint

Hey, I have no power to approve/confirm you. You need to suck off up to someone else :p

:wub: you too!

I thought I'd break the combo here, it's like a Python sketch.

And now for something completely different...

The server can't connect to gamercard.xbox.com. PacketCollision?
For reasons which are no longer entirely clear to me, I set up our web-servers with no internet access. This means they can't access gamercard.xbox.com directly. I thought we had another machine doing the external http requests like this, but it may not be working properly. Anyway, this whole system is changing when we switch datacenters, so please just sit tight for a week or two and it will magically start working.

For reasons which are no longer entirely clear to me, I set up our web-servers with no internet access. This means they can't access gamercard.xbox.com directly. I thought we had another machine doing the external http requests like this, but it may not be working properly. Anyway, this whole system is changing when we switch datacenters, so please just sit tight for a week or two and it will magically start working.
Oh that's right, I remember now. Thanks. :)

umm, excuse me? Why does this person (new member, no posts) have a different coloured name? Or is it normal and I just never noticed noob-colour before?

http://img63.imageshack.**/img63/8891/screenshot20100126at528.png

Because you are high. Actually the user doesn't have a confirmed email, so it shows up as grey.

I can't seem to edit the OP of this thread I created a couple of weeks ago. Any solution for that? (I was planning to update it according to certain events happening in the next few days)

Can't edit posts

Can't edit posts

I noticed I no longer have an edit button on my posts. This is annoying as I want to edit the Jaguar car guide top post.

The edit time has been changed to 7 days rather than infinity. Yes, this has the negative impact of not allowing people to update the OP of a thread, but I decided I don't want people going back and editing their old posts that aren't OP's in a thread. I had a few people threatening/wanting to do that and I don't want that happening. Exclusing OP's, posts are supposed as they were posted.

If you need your OP updated, report your own post and a mod can do it for ya.

So a mod can make a single OP modifiable by me, or do they need to edit it for me?

Damn. And the OP I was planning to edit needs about 10-15 updates in the next month... and I don't want to pester the mods with 15 requests to edit that post for me, I don't want to be annoying.

So a mod can make a single OP modifiable by me, or do they need to edit it for me?

They can edit it for you. Sadly I don't think I can make the edit time on a per-group basis. Maybe vB4 has that, I dunno.

Damn. And the OP I was planning to edit needs about 10-15 updates in the next month... and I don't want to pester the mods with 15 requests to edit that post for me, I don't want to be annoying.

Make new posts in the thread? /shrug

That was the system with the other threads on the same subject for the previous seasons: the OP was updated with the launch of each car, with links and photos. And this is my objection about this matter, that we're unable to do that.

There were several issues with people posting, then going back and editing them into garbage/spam. If you need a post changed, just hit the report button, put a copy of your new post or any changes, and it will be taken care of. This is a temporary workaround until we migrate to VB4(Couple weeks or so). After the migration we will evaluate the access system and see what can be done.

Status
Not open for further replies.