Furious 7

Smurfen

Car(s)
06' BMW 118D E87

Can't wait! Its stupid, but the good kind of stupid. this is like my childhood movie series, im gonna cry when this movie series end.

I hope that (finally) the plot and characters of FnF3 will finally intertwine with the main series. Tokyo Drift was probably my favorite of all the films because it has more cars/driving and less gunshots. Not that the others aren't entertaining, just my personal preference.

Its kinda hard to believe thats part of the same series as this

This is what they were stealing in the first movie:

06d87vM.jpg

They could have tried a little harder with their hommage to The Italian Job... :D

The trailer actually looks nice. Lots of action, many plot holes...

Gonna hope this is more like a Fast5 than FF6. Kurt Russell :thumbup:

Why do people treat Paul Walker like he's Elvis? Yes, he died and it's sad etc, but people have tattoos and quote on their cars etc. It just seems odd.

Not quite as good as Fast Five, but better than F&F6. The ending didn't really have anything to do with the plot simply because it was a tribute for Paul Walker and it was very well done.

So many WTF moments. I was shaking my head half the time. The dialogue was particularly amusing and uninspired.

Two things:

I laughed out loud for a good 10 seconds at the scene towards the end:
Letty: Did you bring the cavalry?
The Rock, as he picks up a minigun: Woman, I am the cavalry!

And something I don't understand:
If this really is the last of the series, why did Jason Statham survive and give the speech that he is getting out? I have a sense there will be a spin-off eventually

Edit:

And a third thing:

Why did they say the action took place in the Caucasus Mountains, when the scenes were quite clearly shot at Pikes Peak (I've driven that road multiple times, and I recognize it immediately). Why didn't they just say it was Colorado? Was the Caucasus Mountains a more exotic-sounding location?

Last edited:
And something I don't understand:
If this really is the last of the series, why did Jason Statham survive and give the speech that he is getting out? I have a sense there will be a spin-off eventually

I don't think its the last one. I believe they're thinking of at least 2 more, with a recent interview hinting at New York for 8. The end was just a way to remove Paul from the series in a more dignified way than just killing him in an action sequence.

I've read that there will be a total of 10 movies.. so, 8, 9, and 10.

I really liked the movie. It was very entertaining. Yeah, its not realistic or accurate with some of the car stuff, but its fun. My g/f and I had many laugh-out-loud moments in the movie and quite a few facepalms because something was so ridiculous. Still, I loved it.

And a pretty classy way to send Paul Walker out as well.

Ive seen the movie as well and I am definitely not disappointed.
It just hit the right spot for a F&F movie: Dynamic action, a considerable slab of ridiculousness, some humor here and there, nice overall "feel" (you know what I mean).
I never had to say "was that really the best idea he could come up with?" as often in a movie before. So yes, classic F&F there :D
But I sort of disagree with the recent trend of the guys/girls having to save the whole world - it just seems a bit too large-scale of an operation for a bunch of car/tuning enthusiasts.

The closing scene was a bit too much for me though :p
Somehow I had managed to talk myself out of the fact that Paul is dead, but the last fadeaway of the camera suddenly slapped me (hard) in the face with some cold reality and literally took my breath away for a moment.
Its kind of like walking somewhere pretending not to notice anything that happens around you, but then the road just stops and there is no way of walking on and therefore no denying any more. Yes, it was just that: The metaphorical end of the road.
However, it is a brilliant, honest, heartfelt, very well-made tribute/goodbye to pretty much every petrolheads and "Need-for-Speeders" (;)) great hero.
In my mind really one of the great farewell scenes in the recent-ish movie history.

---

AFAIK, part 8 has already been confirmed.
That should be interesting because its definitely not easy to completely cancel out an essential character of earlier parts in a movie series.
I know that in many movie series the producers call in past actors (rarely, but it does happen) to film just a short flashback if absolutely necessary to get the story right, but this (and similar things) wont be possible there.
Or maybe the whole movie will just not work without Brian. I guess nobody knows ;)