Random Thoughts... [Automotive Edition]

It's a VW, it most likely broke itself. :p

It's a bit like the driver's window in my mum's Peugeot, that stopped working about three weeks after we got it back in 1998, and that can't be fixed without shipping it to Sydney to have all the door trim and something or other ripped out etc. No drive through fast food for us. Doesn't happen in my car either cause I'm to only one in the household who can drive manual, and I won't go near junk food joints....

...I'm rambling...

Last edited:
Now that I have a welder, I can finally put the Remus backbox on the car! :)

EDIT: Oh yeah, and the mudflaps are coming off the car :)

Last edited:
I just came back from driving through a local ford, and coming the other way was a Sebring. A fucking Sebring! Why would anyone here buy one of those?!

I just came back from driving through a local ford, and coming the other way was a Sebring. A fucking Sebring! Why would anyone here buy one of those?!

There are plenty of sebrings here, and I find myself often asking the same question.. One of my friends had a NEON..:|

Alright I got a quick rant on motorcycle riders. Any of you that agree with the notion below can fuck off, those of you that don't, are cool. I sense this post will garner quite a bit of Neg repping, even from those that don't normally neg rep, but this discussion I had today really got under my skin, damn near ruined my fucking day.

WTF is with you guys thinking that all entertaining/scenic roads belong to you? I was enjoying a drive in my freshly aligned and balanced miata, pulled over for a bit talked to some guys and they had the audacity to basically say "GTFO until night fall." They promptly went on to bitch about being scared by on coming cars and how it's OK for them to do 100+ on a 50mph (windy) road because they have a lot more room to work with. Then went on about retards drifting and double laning (neither of which I do).

My counter point, I pay more in gas, therefore taxes, to keep that road in paved. I drive in a manner that keeps me entertained but doesn't put others at risk, if you got a problem with it, fuck off. I'm not going to drive practically blind (at night on an unlit road) just because you want the road to your god damned self.

If you don't want to get hit, don't ride the yellow line then lean your ass across it putting your skull right where I can smash it with my fender... those fenders are $200 a piece and about that much to get painted and will never match the factory red.

Fuckers remind me of the skaters that got us BMX riders banned from the public skate parks.

/rant

WHy didn't they go at night? Fewer cars on the road, that should solve one of their problems.

Now that I have a welder, I can finally put the Remus backbox on the car! :)

EDIT: Oh yeah, and the mudflaps are coming off the car :)

After about 6 hours of cutting, welding, measuring, cutting measuring and welding, it's in the car! :D The exhaust note didn't change noticably, but then again the manifold has a leak, so it wouldn't. But hey, I've got a chromed exhaust tip now! :)

When I was taking the first mudflap off the car, I asked my mom whether she thought it looked better with them or without them, and she said that it definately looks better with them on. As I continued to screw it off, my father walked past and said: "Shouldn't all rally cars have mudflaps?".:p After which I thought "Fuck it" and left them on. I might remove them in the future, but for now I'll leave them on.

^ He has a chrome exhaust tip too! :) Honestly, the mudflaps are coming off sometime, they look hideous on my car..

It's a VW, it most likely broke itself. :p

Yup, it did it on purpose the bitch. I mentioned wanting a second car and an hour later the top motor broke.

WHy didn't they go at night? Fewer cars on the road, that should solve one of their problems.

Motorcycle headlights are often very poor compared to car headlights. Only the larger touring bikes tend to have great lighting systems, and then only in the last ten years or so.

^ He has a chrome exhaust tip too! :) Honestly, the mudflaps are coming off sometime, they look hideous on my car..

you should buy spiked or studded tires for the winter. those are very badass I would imagine. Especially in snowy finland.

you should buy spiked or studded tires for the winter. those are very badass I would imagine. Especially in snowy finland.

Spiked tires are illegal to use on the road, but I've got studded tires for the winter :) The bad thing about studded tires though is that wheelspin tends to make them studless in a few months of powersliding on ice&snow :)

Spiked tires are illegal to use on the road, but I've got studded tires for the winter :) The bad thing about studded tires though is that wheelspin tends to make them studless in a few months of powersliding on ice&snow :)

There you go. Save all the money you make during the year to buy studded tires in the winter:p

There you go. Save all the money you make during the year to buy studded tires in the winter:p

I said I already have a set :p They are on the rustiest steelies you have ever seen though, and they will only last 1 more winter. They have quite a bit of thread left, but very few studs, especially on the inside of the tires. I'll run next winter with them, and bolt them on the rear axle next summer for some sideways action :)

Here's a random thought that I've just remembered:

I saw more Suzuki Cappucinos on the Isle Of Man than I have ever seen in my life (3).

Well today I finally saw a Volvo P1800 one of my favorite cars of all time. Well it was when I was driving around going to Open Houses (I'm looking to buy a home) and it was in an open garage with no one around, I waited in my car for 20 minutes hoping someone would come out of the house so I could talk about the car and see it, but it never happened. So I guess I have only seen the rear of a P1800 :wall:.

Last edited: