Random Thoughts... [Automotive Edition]

Here's a random thought that I've just remembered:

I saw more Suzuki Cappucinos on the Isle Of Man than I have ever seen in my life (3).

are they really THAT small?, do you have any pics?

WHy didn't they go at night? Fewer cars on the road, that should solve one of their problems.

I'm sure the retort my be something along the lines of "thats when the racers and drifters come out."

Funny thing is, those roads have been driven on by racers for years longer than people were taking their bikes up there for scenic drives.

Just got my insurance quote for next year, ?559. Not bad considering I've only been driving for a year and a half. :)

Should I paint the bottom half of my car in rattlecan flat black? Atm it has a factory textured paint "Paris blue" on it, which looks like shit. The bumpers are also a different colour, since they are from a different car.. With flat black I could get an affordable-yet better looking finish..

I guess I can file this under things that make me feel sick. After missing the opportunity to see the P1800 as I chronicled on the previous page I decided to do some research and see if I can locate info about the owner. Well my search tuned up a show I missed in my town back in June....a big Volvo show...with about 20 P1800's and 10 P1800 es's as well as assorted other rare old Volvo's.....fuck.:-x

I see atleast 1 P1800 every week :)

When a body shop owner owns an Olds 442, you know he's a real car guy.

I laugh at people who put those reflective sun shades in their windshields all askew thusly defeating their purpose. I laugh harder at people who do that, and are parked facing south.

And damn, if you're going to crash, there really isn't any more spectacular or honorable place to do it than at the Corkscrew at Laguna Seca, which is where this happened.

Crashing out while attempting the most evil corners in all of motorsport at 10/10ths? Enzo would approve, I am certain.

Last edited:
Exactly. I've always wondered what Enzo would think of people who buy his cars and not use them.

I'm finding that my car tends to have this funny habbit of not shifting into 3rd gear properly when cold. It seems to make this horrible noise and not engage the gear properly, almost as if I tried to shift from 2nd into 1st at like 60km/hr......

Once I've driven it for like 5 minutes, then its fine...

Last edited:
Exactly. I've always wondered what Enzo would think of people who buy his cars and not use them.

You don't need to wonder. He stated that he hated those people with a passion.

I'm not sure I care for historical car races like this. I get the impression that most of these drivers, who usually do not own the cars, overestimate the limits of the cars. They think they can throw them into a corner like a modern race car and when those skinny tires fail to grip, they crash. I almost find it lame. I think it's cool to take those kinds of cars to race tracks and open them up, but I see no intelligent reason to take those sorts of risks. I don't think Mister Enzo would be proud of watching someone fly into a corner way too fast and stuff it into a tire wall. I don't think Enzo had demolition derbies in mind for his creations.

Luckily the car doesn't seem too badly damaged, so it'll be back, albeit in no longer original condition. I think I'd rather the car spend the rest of it's life in a museum then for it to be recycled into soup cans at a junkyard. Although it would be cool to own one of those soup cans... :p

Although it would be cool to own one of those soup cans... :p

Especially if said soup cans contained a certain brand of Texas Chili.

51Q7NJZQ8VL._SS500_.jpg

And damn, if you're going to crash, there really isn't any more spectacular or honorable place to do it than at the Corkscrew at Laguna Seca, which is where this happened.

My friend was a photographer for the latest Pebble Beach show, and someone hit a Ferrari with a golf cart. Way cooler. :rolleyes:

This picture makes me sad...the "What have I done" pose...:cry:.
250trcrash_31.jpg