Random Thoughts....

I don't have a huge issue with trying to do something to stop someone stacking a car full of their mates into a powerpole

How about educating them before they're set loose on the road, instead of giving them a piece of paper and tell them to try not to crash.

MWF must not be posting atm (is he off to Texas?) - so no obligatory MX5 / Miata recomendation. Do not touch an MX5 with a long stick used for manoeuvring barges IMHO.

MWF must not be posting atm (is he off to Texas?) - so no obligatory MX5 / Miata recomendation. Do not touch an MX5 with a long stick used for manoeuvring barges IMHO.

MWF is not scheduled to head this way until the end of the week (I had to clear him through the air defense batteries, we have too many ex-pat Brits in the Dallas area :p); I believe he will be online and joining us sometime in the next 50-70 minutes.

Last edited:
MWF is not scheduled to head this way until the end of the week (I had to clear him through the air defense batteries, we have too many ex-pat Brits in the Dallas area :p); I believe he will be online and joining us sometime in the next 50-70 minutes.
You can NEVER have too many Ukanians - well unless they are Chavs of course.

You can NEVER have too many Ukanians - well unless they are Chavs of course.

Three words: "The Curry Company". :barf:

Also one of them brought a pub with them. As in, 'brought the entire building' brought it with them. Along with the warm beer, tiny primitive restrooms and Elizabethan/fire hazard atmosphere.

Last edited:
Are but what ale are they selling - US micro brewery beer?

Curry the Ukanian national dish, it varies from yuck to wonderful, my local one is pretty damn nice.

Last edited:
Are but what ale are they selling - US micro brewery beer?

Curry the Ukanian national dish, it varies from yuck to wonderful, my local one is pretty damn nice.

"The Curry Factory" is a place with an all-you-can-eat curry buffet. It's run completely by ex-pats and it's as terrible as the name would imply.

The relocated pub sells English drinks, beers, ales, etc., etc. All warm.

How about educating them before they're set loose on the road, instead of giving them a piece of paper and tell them to try not to crash.

At least in Victoria, you must have at least 120 hours of accompanied driving with a fully licensed driver

At least in Victoria, you must have at least 120 hours of accompanied driving with a fully licensed driver

That does not count as education. Education is having to drive being supervised by a certified driving instructor, in a car with dual controls. Education is not having uncle Bob sleeping in the passenger seat.

"The Curry Factory" is a place with an all-you-can-eat curry buffet. It's run completely by ex-pats and it's as terrible as the name would imply.

The relocated pub sells English drinks, beers, ales, etc., etc. All warm.

Oh dear, I always thought I'd like Texas and having curry and proper :)P) beer would make it even better. I never would've guessed there would be so many Brits there though, maybe they all think the same as me.

Of course if I moved there it would be necessary for me to clutter up the road with old Land Rovers.

Oh dear, I always thought I'd like Texas and having curry and proper :)P) beer would make it even better. I never would've guessed there would be so many Brits there though, maybe they all think the same as me.

Of course, there are excellent curry shops and better pubs who at least allow you to choose if you want your ale cold or warm. :p However, when we get to the point where we have discount curry outfits and kitsch pubs, yeah, I think we have too many. Or too many of the wrong kind.

We even have a British sports package available for cable and satellite TV subscribers. Including that incomprehensible game entitled 'cricket.'

Of course if I moved there it would be necessary for me to clutter up the road with old Land Rovers.

Texas is one of the top sales markets for British vehicles in the US. There's lots of Land Rovers - including more than a few pre-Mercedes Law imports. No need to clutter them up, already been done. :D

Last edited:
That (Merc) import law is insane and so anti-american, it is against the character of the country. You have exemplified my feeling about Americans with the cold / warm beer issue, you want to choose and and quite right too.

If you want something sporty yet with great fuel economy and reliability look for an early '90s Miata.

FIXED! :D

Sorry I'm late folks. Got here as soon as I could.

:p

Other than the fact that it's none of those (repairs will make the thing not-cheap).

Which reminds me - climate control repair status on your SHO?

Like all things in my life it's being worked on, I'm going to take it to the place where my aunt works in HR (they have a discount, plus they'll know not to fuck it up or face my aunt's wrath so hey why not?) I just gotta get it over there and coordinate transportation and stuff. not a problem.

I smell a future Kitchen Nightmares episode...

That (Merc) import law is insane and so anti-american, it is against the character of the country. You have exemplified my feeling about Americans with the cold / warm beer issue, you want to choose and and quite right too.

Yup. It's insane. And nobody can repeal it because it was sold to people as "being for safety" and "for the children" so the safety nazis would be up in arms about it. Not worth the political capital to most politicians or lobbyists.

Did I mention the safety nazis were gullible fools? :p

For a minute there, I thought you were going to post the link to the same Aspire that I "recommended" to her.

And why are cars so expensive up around Bellingham and Whatcom County, WA? Is it due to the proximity to the Canadian border? :dunno:

It looks like part of the problem is that they're in a very sparsely settled area well away from a major city.