The Positivity Thread aka "Today was a great day because....."

That's not bad. Having done something similar: keeping the weight down when you're done can also be a bitch and requires about as much work as losing it in the first place.

Yep that's true. It's not going down any more recently despite me still paying attention (nothing drastic just no more beer & junk every night) and exercizing more.

Ultimate goal is to get at -20 kgs, I'm at 18,3 now so I'm still happy

I worked with my Dad today.
Usually he stays off the road as much as possible, though he's put the mechanic off on long service leave, so he's having to do a lot more, as am I.

It was only a short job, but we got to go have lunch, and walk around looking at some nice houses near our destination. It was good.

I went shopping for two pairs of shorts, the first pair fitted perfectly and they had the same shorts only in a different colour in stock as well. I hate shopping with a passion...

You could just mailorder at Zalando. Free shipping, free returns!

[/plug of own employer] :p

I could mailorder at any internet shop (Quelle, Neckermann, whatever), but I hate returning things by mail even more than shopping. :p

That is why I stopped using bombfell. :p

Today they found two 500 kg bombs in my suburb and are currently preparing to defuse them. To be exact, about 600 metres from my house. So I live about 100 metres outside of the evacuation zone. I can see the road block from my window.

I can sense a hint of sarcasm.

German sarcasm? Does not exist!

[/plug of own employer] :p

I could mailorder at any internet shop (Quelle, Neckermann, whatever), but I hate returning things by mail even more than shopping. :p

If you want to feel like a proper snob, you could order from Outfittery. You don't even have to choose any particular items, instead you select a certain style that you want and then they send you a couple of corresponding items. Granted, returning the stuff sucks a little bit, but for people that not only hate shopping but also hate deciding which particular pair of shoes or which shirt they should buy, Outfittery is kinda perfect. On the other hand, it is also stupidly expensive

I get ?25 vouchers from them regularly... and never use them. Because they're still prohibitively expensive.

Sarcasm? No, I am genuinely glad I don't have to leave home this time. :)

Oh. I guess I didn't consider that. Personally, living 600m from two 500kg bombs would not be a positive for me.

I am quite sure I live close to quite some other bombs that haven't been found yet. It only gets annoying when streets you want to take are closed for defusing or when you are actually made to leave your home. The latter has only happened to me once so far.

If you want to feel like a proper snob, you could order from Outfittery. You don't even have to choose any particular items, instead you select a certain style that you want and then they send you a couple of corresponding items. Granted, returning the stuff sucks a little bit, but for people that not only hate shopping but also hate deciding which particular pair of shoes or which shirt they should buy, Outfittery is kinda perfect. On the other hand, it is also stupidly expensive
You know, there is also Zalon, which is the same service model as Outfittery, but with a broader sortiment...
/plug. :p

I knelt down on the patio last night in front of HWF3.0.

Please note I was proposing marriage not performing cunnilingus.

She said "yes."

You being you, it is entirely reasonable to think that you combined the two, thus cunning her into uttering "yes". Thanks for the clarification. :p

And congratulations. :)

Last edited: