Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I really hate having to go back to the pre episode sub forums to check whats in the episode when a torrent is released, maybe you could include a macro that copy/pastes the details of the episodes from the pre-episode threads to the torrent link section?

Comment

Originally posted by LeMans GTR View Post
      I really hate having to go back to the pre episode sub forums to check whats in the episode when a torrent is released, maybe you could include a macro that copy/pastes the details of the episodes from the pre-episode threads to the torrent link section?
      I prefer to summarize the episode descriptions rather than the long, drawn out (and sometimes with spoilers) descriptions featured in the pre-ep threads.
      My Cars: 2008 Dodge Viper SRT-10 convertible (summer weekend car), 2001 Ford Mustang GT coupe (winter car & grocery getter)
      There is no replacement for displacement.
      - Wolfgang Bernhard, then Chief Operating Officer, Chrysler Group talking about the Dodge Viper SRT-10
      ... I ask Herb Helbig, vehicle synthesis manager for SRT and a member of the original Team Viper development group since day one, if they'd ever thought of adding traction control. "It comes with two," he says, pointing at my feet. "Learn to use them." Got it.
      - Motor Trend on the 2006 Dodge Viper Coupe, November 2005

Comment

vBulletin 4.0 right around the corner.

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/blog.php?b=2360

Comment

Originally posted by jayson View Post

Eh, I don't much like all of the fancy, new stuff. I'm a fan of minimal = better when it comes to Forums, but I also know that most people seem to like this complicated stuff. Hope nothing breaks when it's installed, as I know it will be...

Comment

Originally posted by jayson View Post

So you want me to time travel to the future to install it? Is that why it's in the suggestions thread?
            My Cars: 2008 Dodge Viper SRT-10 convertible (summer weekend car), 2001 Ford Mustang GT coupe (winter car & grocery getter)
            - Wolfgang Bernhard, then Chief Operating Officer, Chrysler Group talking about the Dodge Viper SRT-10
            ... I ask Herb Helbig, vehicle synthesis manager for SRT and a member of the original Team Viper development group since day one, if they'd ever thought of adding traction control. "It comes with two," he says, pointing at my feet. "Learn to use them." Got it.

Comment

I think there should be a wiki link on the front page.

Here:

So that you don't have to navigate through the forum to get to the wiki.

•1997 Audi A6 Avant 2.8 quattro - 12/2006-04/2007 - Totaled
              •2005 Audi TT 1.8T quattro - 07/2012-11/2012 - Traded
              •2013 Ford Mustang GT 5.0 - 11/2012-
              •1992 Mazda Miata 1.6 - 03/2013-07/2017 - Sold
              •1996 Jeep Cherokee 4.0 - 12/2014-

Twitter/Instagram: @SeenOnWoodward

Comment

+1

I think zeroSignal sent me the PSD's at some point...

Comment

I hope this is the right thread for this...

Recently since you've had the "Porsche Shooting Brake Hoax By TopGear.com America" video on the homepage of finalgear, my browser is downloading the entire clip every time the page is refreshed (I do this manually quite alot).

Is anyone else having this problem? If so, what can we do to resolve it?

Thanks.

Comment

Assuming you use Firefox, try Flashblock. It makes it so you have to click to activate each flash element.

Note that for me at least, it does not download the entire thing, just the player and what looks like about the first 10 seconds of the video (at least according to the video's progress bar).
                    Last edited by PacketCollision; August 26th, 2009, 7:53 AM.
                    “Some people, when confronted with a Unix problem, think ‘I know, I’ll use sed.’ Now they have two problems.”

Comment

Forum suggestions belong here: http://forums.finalgear.com/the-foru...-issues-14374/

Comment

I dont know if it is im using Firefox,
                        but what happened to the header banner than changed every time the page loads?

It used to be quite cool, then it sort of just stopped...

Comment

Originally posted by crashb648 View Post
                          I dont know if it is im using Firefox,
                          but what happened to the header banner than changed every time the page loads?

It used to be quite cool, then it sort of just stopped...
                          I killed that like a year ago. We were having load issues or something.

Comment

^i never noticed

Comment

Was it really a year ago? Time does sure fly! lol

While on the subject of site updates?
                              You got any plans for the site, Viper007Bond, any site enchancements, changes, new features etc?
                              Just curious

- Crashb648

Comment

Just a quick request: how about somebody torrent Richard Hammond's Crash Course? I've seen the first two eps, but getting them on a single file d/l was an exercise in infinite patience!
                                It's not a bad series by the look of it and it IS the Hamster after all, so it's Top Gear-ish.
                                Thanks for all your work BTW.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob_Jarunkel View Post
                                  Just a quick request: how about somebody torrent Richard Hammond's Crash Course? I've seen the first two eps, but getting them on a single file d/l was an exercise in infinite patience!
                                  It's not a bad series by the look of it and it IS the Hamster after all, so it's Top Gear-ish.
                                  Thanks for all your work BTW.
                                  They're over here: http://forums.finalgear.com/video-offers/

Comment

Not really a suggestion, but more of a random though... Now that Porsche and Chevy are making 7speed manuals available to petrolheads, does FG need a new logo since 6th is no longer the final gear?

•1997 Audi A6 Avant 2.8 quattro - 12/2006-04/2007 - Totaled
                                    •2005 Audi TT 1.8T quattro - 07/2012-11/2012 - Traded
                                    •2013 Ford Mustang GT 5.0 - 11/2012-
                                    •1992 Mazda Miata 1.6 - 03/2013-07/2017 - Sold
                                    •1996 Jeep Cherokee 4.0 - 12/2014-

Twitter/Instagram: @SeenOnWoodward

Comment

Originally posted by CrazyRussian540 View Post
                                      Not really a suggestion, but more of a random though... Now that Porsche and Chevy are making 7speed manuals available to petrolheads, does FG need a new logo since 6th is no longer the final gear?
                                      No because Vipers only have 6 speeds.

Although the shift pattern is completely wrong if I'm going to use that argument...

Comment

Originally posted by Viper007Bond View Post
                                        Although the shift pattern is completely wrong if I'm going to use that argument...
                                        Well, on my car back and to the right is reverse gear. Go figure.

Comment

Site Re-Design

How about cleaning up the homepage a bit and highlighting the main shows, their relevant news update, and a quick link to their latest episode?

Version 1: Image on top of title

Version 2: Title on top of image

Comment

Working...
                                          X