No 56k: FinalGear around the world care package - Progress & Photo thread

My pics were posted shortly after the Texasmeet, so were cocos. I recall there being Nasa- and Hennessey-pics in here too from Nugget and equi, and at least a video from the socalfags. So if there are missing pictures, its from socal! And for that we blame the usual suspect, altoid! :p

LP was the one with the camera. And still waiting for BlaRo's pics from the car show, if they're separate.

Blame sucktoid!
j/k

LP was the one with the camera. And still waiting for BlaRo's pics from the car show, if they're separate.

:blink:

Dude, check the preceding page, bro. I gotta edit the next batch of photos (that I took in RAW), chief.

I have 2 more places I want to take the Viper before sending it out. I'll probably be ready to mail it tomorrow or Thursday.

Where/who am I mailing it to?

:blink:

Dude, check the preceding page, bro. I gotta edit the next batch of photos (that I took in RAW), chief.
You should have quite an epic photo, right?

I truly hate my iPhone.

Went sightseeing with the Viper after work today. Got to GM World Headquarters with my phone showing 37% battery. Snapped a few pictures of the Viper in front of the building. Noticed my battery had dropped to 30%. Got in my car, pointed it towards Chrysler World Headquarters (about 30 miles away). As I get there I pull up to a red light from which I could see the Chrysler HQ building and a big sign that says Chrysler. Put the Viper on my dash, grab my phone (its at 23% at this point), but didn't have time to snap a picture as the light turned green. Drove around, found parking, got the Viper, got my phone, went for a walk, found a sweet spot for a picture, and what do you know .... the battery is dead (not 5 minutes after showing 23%). Don't have a charger in my car (either my cheap eBay cable from China doesn't work in my car, or my car's USB port is broken), so I turned back and drove to my apartment. Just got here, plugged my phone in, it showed the dead battery screen for about 5 seconds, booted up, and is showing 35%.

What the hell?!

Guess I'll have to go back to Chrysler HQ some other day. Busy tomorrow, and its supposed to snow heavily on Friday, so maybe on Monday.

Last edited:
Something tells me that I shouldn't be surprised if it turns out its not connected to anything on the inside.

I think it may be related to how cold its been here lately. Something similar happened with my iPod touch. Charged it fully on monday and left it in my car overnight. When i went out yesterday, batter was at 20%. The touchscreen also wasn't responding so i put it in my pocket. When I got into work and the iPod had warmed up, the battery was back to reading full.

Makes sense, but my phone was with me all day and Ford keeps our work environment pretty warm. I also heat my car like no other. This started happening like 4-5 weeks ago when it was still relatively warm, who knows. I'm still hating my iPhone more and more with each passing day.

Something tells me that I shouldn't be surprised if it turns out its not connected to anything on the inside.

If your charger isn't working in your car maybe the fuse for your outlet is out? I have two in my car and the one under the stereo console's fuse was burnt out when I bought the car and it took me a while to actually figure that out and replace the fuse.

Last edited:
Same thing happened to me, I lent the 12V to USB adapter to my sister and later the USB cable, which I kept, accidentally fell into the hole, shorting it. This blew the fuse, but I didn't learn that until I got the adapter back and my phone refused to charge.

Also, who volounteers as tribute for the next leg of the trip? There's quite a few a few of you nearby. Chop-chop!

Well, unless it need to go out to Europe, you can always send it up to Toronto. However, not much interesting stuff going on this month, with the cold spells and all. Mid-February we have the Canadian International AutoShow.

Don't you think it's been to enough auto shows for now? :p How about a nice landscape landmark? I would LOVE for it to see the northern lights. :)

Nice landmark? You realize he is in Toronto? :lol:

(Just kidding, there is the CN Tower :p)

Last edited:
Don't you think it's been to enough auto shows for now? :p How about a nice landscape landmark? I would LOVE for it to see the northern lights. :)

Just get it to a Finn. We have enough of them and surely they can't all have fondled the Viper yet?

EDIT: We even have an Icelandic now I come to think about it. Aurora Borealis + Eyjafjallaj?kull = Win! And is also impossible to say after drinking more than two shots of rakija.

Last edited:
Do we want to send it back out of the country before it completes the circuit of the US? I assume we want to minimize customs holdups unless there's an event it needs to attend. Incidentally, for visits to Canada, somebody near the border can probably cross it in person if there's a corresponding Canadian recipient nearby.